AVS Forum banner

1281 - 1300 of 2270 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Also, there’️s nothing wrong with plugging the PS4 into the soundbar. That will let send PCM if you’️re determined. You’️re not going to get what you want with eARC, Samsung still needs to work out the bugs. I run my blu-ray player through the soundbar to deal with Atmos discs dropping sound through eARC. Sounds fantastic that way.
Yes I am running the pro to the soundbar as that is the only way to get the best audio but the issue is the hdmi handshake that occurs at times. For example when gaming in HDR and closing out the game. It flashes to black to return to sdr and at times that change causes the soundbar and tv to not know how to return the image and it starts flickering and it then settles but it happens enough times to be a pain.

Some other things I discovered today

The game mode on this tv is superior to the OLED in terms of input lag and most important motion.

I turned on an old game like dark souls 3 in sdr and the movement felt so smooth on the qled in game mode compared to game mode on the oled.

My request to samsung is they fix their earc issues with multi channel pcm and that there is no sudden change to overall brightness in a dark area when coming from a bright area. It goes real dim and it takes a few minutes to return to the brightness it had before. I read that this is just how the local dimming on high works

Not sure yet if I should settle on low for contrast enhancer or off. what do you guys use?

Also is there anyway to remove game mode pro sound stage from derfaulting every time i play a game on ps4....worst of all is returning to cable tv it remains on game mode pro...Have to manually change it to standard each time
The black screen when switching from HDR to SDR seems normal. It did it on my Sony A1E too. Not sure if plugging into the bar makes it worse or not, since my PS4 is plugged into the TV. I turned off off CEC on my blu-ray player to make sure eARC has no control over my player sending to the bar. With CEC on, eARC is still involved in the transmission of audio from player to soundbar. With it off, I have to change the input from eARC to HDMI on the soundbar manually. But it solves my two biggest problems with the TV for now, so I’m happy. Maybe they’ll fix things and we won’t have to do a rain dance to get things just bright.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for that.....Yes I will be plugging into the soundbar.....not sure what type of issues are going to come about when ps5 and series x come out and there is just one hdmi 2.1 on the tv and having to connect to soundbar defeats that purpose
Hi. I have connected PS4 PRO to TV input HDMI 4 (Samsung q95t 75") and Denon AVR 3600 to eARC. When I use Linear PCM on PS4 I am getting STEREO on AVR and when PS4 audio format switched to Bitstream Dolby or Bitstream DTS Denon shows DD + DSur (Dolby Digital + Dolby Surround).
On TV Digital Output Audio Format is Pass-through.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Hi. I have connected PS4 PRO to TV input HDMI 4 (Samsung q95t 75") and Denon AVR 3600 to eARC. When I use Linear PCM on PS4 I am getting STEREO on AVR and when PS4 audio format switched to Bitstream Dolby or Bitstream DTS Denon shows DD + DSur (Dolby Digital + Dolby Surround).
Yeah I know. Same here except I get audio lag when putting ps4 on bitstream. I put audio sync on TV to 0 and still there is a slight lag that is upsetting

Pcm on ps4 has zero lag. And this is all using pass through

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yeah I know. Same here except I get audio lag when putting ps4 on bitstream. I put audio sync on TV to 0 and still there is a slight lag that is upsetting

Pcm on ps4 has zero lag. And this is all using pass through
The audio sync function in the TV only works on one direction, the wrong one. If you compensate sync on the soundbar you can fix it, even with the PS4 plugged into the tv. And I think the PS4 has sync adjustment too, which would be best since you can set it and leave it. You’ll have to tweak the bar when going back to other content. If the TV is set to pass through, there shouldn’t be a delay though. I can play Mortal Kombat 11 and the sound is right on. You don’t set sync to 0 to compensate either. You go plus or minus to sync picture and sound. Setting it to 0 means no correction to the lag. Not sure what you are hearing. Or you’re hearing what you already believe. No difference between bitstream and PCM. Or just keep the PS4 plugged into to the bar.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
The audio sync function in the TV only works on one direction, the wrong one. If you compensate sync on the soundbar you can fix it, even with the PS4 plugged into the tv. And I think the PS4 has sync adjustment too, which would be best since you can set it and leave it. You’ll have to tweak the bar when going back to other content. If the TV is set to pass through, there shouldn’t be a delay though. I can play Mortal Kombat 11 and the sound is right on. You don’t set sync to 0 to compensate either. You go plus or minus to sync picture and sound. Setting it to 0 means no correction to the lag. Not sure what you are hearing. Or you’re hearing what you already believe. No difference between bitstream and PCM. Or just keep the PS4 plugged into to the bar.
The ps4 has no audio sync feature

I tried pass-through and there is still a slight lag

Not sure why but am just going to plug to soundbar

I hope samsung fixes issue when next consoles come out

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all, I am new to the forum. I’m considering buying the Q90T. I had actually purchased the q90r a while back but had to return for $ reasons at the time. I liked just about everything about it though. I have read some reviews online where people are complaining about the soap opera effect on the Q90T even when the motion functions are turned off or at 0. I am pretty sensitive to this and did not have any issues with it on the q90r. Has anyone noticed it present on the Q90T at all? Also wondering just how much weaker the viewing angles are compared to the q90r. Also, I had some trouble getting deep reds on the q90r while calibrating myself. Were on the pinker side - especially with sports. This was also the case with my old Samsung plasma. One of the reviews I found online commented specifically that the Q90T has deeper reds than past Samsung sets - anyone notice this? Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Quick question yall, should the quick settings picture mode display UHD next to it if I'm watching UHD content on the native Netlix app? Or does it only show HDR/HDR+/Freesync/VRR?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hello all, I am new to the forum. I’m considering buying the Q90T. I had actually purchased the q90r a while back but had to return for $ reasons at the time. I liked just about everything about it though. I have read some reviews online where people are complaining about the soap opera effect on the Q90T even when the motion functions are turned off or at 0. I am pretty sensitive to this and did not have any issues with it on the q90r. Has anyone noticed it present on the Q90T at all? Also wondering just how much weaker the viewing angles are compared to the q90r. Also, I had some trouble getting deep reds on the q90r while calibrating myself. Were on the pinker side - especially with sports. This was also the case with my old Samsung plasma. One of the reviews I found online commented specifically that the Q90T has deeper reds than past Samsung sets - anyone notice this? Thanks!
When I have it off I have no "soap opera" effect. As far as the rest I can't comment as I did not own Q90r, but I will say the colors and quality of the picture are amazing to me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When I have it off I have no "soap opera" effect. As far as the rest I can't comment as I did not own Q90r, but I will say the colors and quality of the picture are amazing to me.
Great thanks!

·
Registered
139 Posts
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Q80T-HDR-game-mode-brightness-local-dimming-bug/td-p/1731476

This is exactly what I’m finding as well. For some reason game motion being on totally fixes the issue but you gain 10ms give or take of input lag. Weirdly, there are some ghosting issues with motion off as well, oddly bright highlights, blown out contrast, etc.

I wonder if game mode is really suppose to function with motion processing, they seem to be linked in that way.

My big question is: if you run a Xbox or PC through VRR / Freesync outputting 120hz do you also have these weird dimming or contrast issues, or do these not happen because you aren’t touching game mode at all?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Q80T-HDR-game-mode-brightness-local-dimming-bug/td-p/1731476

This is exactly what I’m finding as well. For some reason game motion being on totally fixes the issue but you gain 10ms give or take of input lag. Weirdly, there are some ghosting issues with motion off as well, oddly bright highlights, blown out contrast, etc.

I wonder if game mode is really suppose to function with motion processing, they seem to be linked in that way.

My big question is: if you run a Xbox or PC through VRR / Freesync outputting 120hz do you also have these weird dimming or contrast issues, or do these not happen because you aren’t touching game mode at all?
Which firmware are you using?

I got the newest on USB and ghosting is gone but that dimming happens a lot and one way to kinda counter it would be local dimming standard and contrast enhancer low

·
Registered
50 Posts
Same! The Q90T it's a fantastic panel for both movies and gaming.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Out of the box you can use Alexa and Bixby (but why). Not sure if there's a way to install other assistants but I don't think so.
Google Assistant was promised in a future update, but seems like that's still not happening. Europe is still stuck on software version 1115. It's almost like having an Android phone at this point with these fragmented updates.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Europe is still stuck on software version 1115. It's almost like having an Android phone at this point with these fragmented updates.
Yeah, I don't know what kind of difficulties they may have to release an update worldwide at the same day/week.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I am still having horrible brightness dimming in HDR even by putting local dimming on standard

I go into a semi dark room and you can see the screen completely lose brightness in full screen and it takes a while to return....This has to be a defect as I know OLED suffer from ABL but this tv it is not a gradual dimming it is a fast dimming and it sucks

1281 - 1300 of 2270 Posts