AVS Forum banner

1441 - 1460 of 1826 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
I can’️t get this TV to connect to the internet using a Cat 5e ethernet cable. Using an Asus RT-AC1900 router with up to date firmware. The TV Won’️t even recognize the router data if I put it in manually. Any ideas why I can’️t get connected? It will connect fine using wireless, but I just wanted a wired connection because it is more reliable. The trouble shooting guide says to use Cat 7 cable if you can’️t connect otherwise. Is Cat 7 cable really necessary?
I bought Cat 7 on Amazon and the first time I plugged it in it didn't find it so I unplugged and tried again with success!! Never had an issue after. This is the cable I use.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
I bought Cat 7 on Amazon and the first time I plugged it in it didn't find it so I unplugged and tried again with success!! Never had an issue after. This is the cable I use.
I wonder if Cat 7 cable is even compatible with my router. My tv is also about 50 feet from my router so I also wonder if that’s too far for the tv to be able to receive a signal?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I wonder if Cat 7 cable is even compatible with my router. My tv is also about 50 feet from my router so I also wonder if that’s too far for the tv to be able to receive a signal?

50 feet is not too far. You should be able to go 300 feet by spec.

·
Vendor
26,606 Posts
Thanks. I'm curious about these tests, that's all.
wow....ok this kinda scares me. My now most-likely-not-to-be-repaired plasma Panasonic has not gotten burnin as far as I know, but I have been careful with the content. I had the clear impression burnin on OLEDs were rare, but reading this I am no longer 'pretty certain' I am going for a LG OLED. And if I am not going for a LG OLED, I am going back for a Samsung Q95T (Norway, Europe) most likely...
Burn in on OLED is still rare, but can happen. Where I have never had a client complain about burn in on a plasma. Seems like burn in happens in 2-3 years so we have to wait and see on the new models if it was just the old models with an issue.

I would hard wire my TV if I could.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Burn in on OLED is still rare, but can happen. Where I have never had a client complain about burn in on a plasma. Seems like burn in happens in 2-3 years so we have to wait and see on the new models if it was just the old models with an issue.

I would hard wire my TV if I could.
I went to a store tonight, and I ended up buying a Samsung QE65Q95T. I checked out the C9 in the store, and a couple things: the remote is HORRIBLE, and the reflections on the screen were also extreme. I fear I would have not been able to use the LG remote, and the reflections would have been really bad in our living room. On top of that the fear to get burnin/panel fatigue sealed the deal for me. Yes, I could have gotten the same extended return policy as on the QE65Q95T I got, which is very good, but still...

The store will do a setup of the settings based on their calibration of the QE65Q95T, but not a individual calibration of my TV. I got it cheap, so its ok. Also the return policy/'idiot' insurance I got on the TV (I got it cheap), means I can for any reason return the TV if something is wrong with it, it breaks, thunder kills it, I bump into it and it falls down etc etc. Why I call it idiot insurance; if you for any reason get a problem with the TV within 5 years, I can get a new one, similar model, no extra pay or discussions.

If anyone have a basic/typical good settings and adjustments for the TV, I would love to see them. Also which apps I should install on the TV.

I will use my nVidia Shield TV 2015 non-pro on the TV, so I am also open for suggestions how to set that up with this TV.

A new receiver with HDMI 2.1 I will get later this fall, when they are available. Most likely a Yamaha, again.

I am all ears for any advice or configuration of the QE65Q95T :D

Reactions: danwestbrook

·
Registered
128 Posts
Wow, so Plex can run on the TV natively?! Too bad Kodi is not supported.

Anyone using Plex run on the TV as an App that can tell me how it works? What it can play of codecs etc?..

·
Registered
121 Posts
Someone on the Samsung forum is saying the game mode dimming bug exists with VRR engaged. Can some people who use Xbox check if your TV dims after 5 minutes with VRR on?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I went to a store tonight, and I ended up buying a Samsung QE65Q95T. I checked out the C9 in the store, and a couple things: the remote is HORRIBLE, and the reflections on the screen were also extreme. I fear I would have not been able to use the LG remote, and the reflections would have been really bad in our living room. On top of that the fear to get burnin/panel fatigue sealed the deal for me. Yes, I could have gotten the same extended return policy as on the QE65Q95T I got, which is very good, but still...

The store will do a setup of the settings based on their calibration of the QE65Q95T, but not a individual calibration of my TV. I got it cheap, so its ok. Also the return policy/'idiot' insurance I got on the TV (I got it cheap), means I can for any reason return the TV if something is wrong with it, it breaks, thunder kills it, I bump into it and it falls down etc etc. Why I call it idiot insurance; if you for any reason get a problem with the TV within 5 years, I can get a new one, similar model, no extra pay or discussions.

If anyone have a basic/typical good settings and adjustments for the TV, I would love to see them. Also which apps I should install on the TV.

I will use my nVidia Shield TV 2015 non-pro on the TV, so I am also open for suggestions how to set that up with this TV.

A new receiver with HDMI 2.1 I will get later this fall, when they are available. Most likely a Yamaha, again.

I am all ears for any advice or configuration of the QE65Q95T :D
You should always read the details of extended warranties on TVs. They are usually rip offs and do not cover you the way you think they do. They sell them, because it's pure profit. Most people will never need them, and if you do there's so many loopholes and stipulations they get out of actually replacing the TV. Such as they only replace up to a certain dollar amount, not necessarily what you paid. It's ultimately their discretion and they already have your money. If a TV fails due to a defect, it's usually within the warranty period. Some credit cards will give you a second year warranty for free. As a rule, I never buy extended warranties. It's a great idea that you can buy a TV once and they'll replace it down the road. Not usually true though.

·
Registered
169 Posts

I am all ears for any advice or configuration of the QE65Q95T /forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
Best picture setting is movie. Turn off Intelligent Picture. Make sure all Eco settings are turned off. Adjust the color to your preference. I know warm 2 is the most correct, but it's too yellow for me. I like Standard. I also bump brightness to 18, sharpness to 10 , contrast enhancer to low and I set the Clarity to custom (Blur 10, Judder 4, Noise reduction off). Some things in there that are not recommended for a perfect picture. But it's perfect for me.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Someone on the Samsung forum is saying the game mode dimming bug exists with VRR engaged. Can some people who use Xbox check if your TV dims after 5 minutes with VRR on?
I have the ps4 pro and xbox one x and the dimming occurs on the ps4 pro as well which has no free sync capabilities.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Any reason you do low brightness but highest contrast enhancer setting?
Fixed it. I have enhancer set to low. Low helps with mild DSE. High made the image too harsh.
For both SDR and HDR?
No. I just let HDR do it’s thing. I don’t notice the DSE watching HDR content as much as when the brightness is lower. I came from OLED. For me brightness 18 is in the zone I’m used to for non HDR content.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Does the dimming happen with VRR on?
To be 100% honest I have mainly noticed it on the ps4 pro in the Last of us 2 game. I know is not just that game as others have stated this happens in Fifa and other games

On my xbox one x, I dont usually engage VRR because it has 15ms if input lag and I prefer 10ms without it.

But the main game I play on the x is COD and that game has terrible screen tearing when playing at 4k even with vrr engaged.

I play it at 1440p 120hz and no hdr and it plays perfect now

One thing I have noticed is that using HDMI 4 which is suppose to be 2.1 with the xbox one x you cannot do 1440p 120hz. it defaults to 60hz but on all other 3 hdmi inputs I can do 1440p 120hz

On PS4 PRO I play Last of us 2 which has terrible dimming at random times and MLB the show which I have not seen the dimming yet

·
Registered
169 Posts
Does the dimming happen with VRR on?
To be 100% honest I have mainly noticed it on the ps4 pro in the Last of us 2 game. I know is not just that game as others have stated this happens in Fifa and other games

On my xbox one x, I dont usually engage VRR because it has 15ms if input lag and I prefer 10ms without it.

But the main game I play on the x is COD and that game has terrible screen tearing when playing at 4k even with vrr engaged.

I play it at 1440p 120hz and no hdr and it plays perfect now

One thing I have noticed is that using HDMI 4 which is suppose to be 2.1 with the xbox one x you cannot do 1440p 120hz. it defaults to 60hz but on all other 3 hdmi inputs I can do 1440p 120hz

On PS4 PRO I play Last of us 2 which has terrible dimming at random times and MLB the show which I have not seen the dimming yet
What are you trying to set the local dimming at? My understanding is for the least input lag, it should be set to low. It’s extra processing of the image, which creates the lag. When it’s at low, the screen doesn’t randomly dim. Most tech site say to have local dimming on TVs set to off or low. Seems like it’s an easy fix.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
What are you trying to set the local dimming at? My understanding is for the least input lag, it should be set to low. It’s extra processing of the image, which creates the lag. When it’s at low, the screen doesn’t randomly dim. Most tech site say to have local dimming on TVs set to off or low. Seems like it’s an easy fix.
Have not heard that anywhere. Rtings input lag measurements where with LD on High for SDR and HDR.....

I will try it on low and report back

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all, I just got a Samsung Q90T and I want to know: What changes to what settings should I immediately make? I'm not getting it professionally calibrated, but obviously I want to make sure it's the best picture possible. FWIW, my main use cases will be watching sports; movies; cable TV; and playing games on my PS4.

Thanks! And apologies if this info can be found elsewhere.

1441 - 1460 of 1826 Posts