AVS Forum banner

1821 - 1840 of 2672 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not sure if getting another different samsung would not have the dimming issue but have not heard about it. The DSE is most likely still going to be on the q70t

I have had Samsung q80r q90t and the one before 2 years ago and they all had horrible DSE....Now horrible to me might be not bad for others but for the price of these sets that should not be acceptable
If my research is correct the dimming bug only appears on the FALD models. I could be wrong though. And DSE should genereally be fair on an edge-lit.

Thing is - as freesync is a huge deal for me, my only options are Samsung or LG. And Oled as well as the Nano90 are not models I sympathise with for my use case ...

·
Vendor
27,409 Posts
I have had Samsung q80r q90t and the one before 2 years ago and they all had horrible DSE....Now horrible to me might be not bad for others but for the price of these sets that should not be acceptable
Then you move to OLED and open up a different can or worms....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Anyone got a good starting point for the settings? Getting my 65” Q90T delivered tomorrow. Had a look through the first page or so and couldn’t see anything .

I’m interested to see how it performs to my current KS8000 (UK model). Also looking forward to being able to use the Apple AirPlay etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Guys, I've started noticing DSE all over the panel and it's REALLY bad :(
Yup, once you notice it the issue stands out like a soar thumb

To me I notice it most in sports like fields with green grass

In video games with open worlds in the skyline

And sports games with grass like Madden and MLB the show

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Guys the Samsung website has new FW update marked August 4th but when I downloaded it to USB it is still old one

Anybody tried?

·
Registered
65 Posts
as in, you haven't noticed it when you got the set? did you just run some tests or it randomly became obvious?
It was ok (not perfect of course) until the last weekend. And as you can see on the video I just posted, in game mode there are horizontal bands popping out from the bottom to the top of the screen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Given some of us are experiencing DSE, if anyone knows this answer it can be of great help to us!

If the panel gets replaced by a samsung tech, and isn't any better than the current one, are we eligible to get another replacement until we get a good screen?

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Given some of us are experiencing DSE, if anyone knows this answer it can be of great help to us!

If the panel gets replaced by a samsung tech, and isn't any better than the current one, am we eligible to get another replacement until we get a good screen?
I do not think they will replace you panel more than once for dse. They usually say it’s within spec? Did the tech notice the dse and did they report it as such?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey guys, just purchased a q90t and noticed on spectrum cable that text on the screen keeps blinking rapidly on certain programs and on every commercial no matter what settings I try. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Is the panel 8-bit + FRC or native 10-bit?

1821 - 1840 of 2672 Posts