AVS Forum banner

1841 - 1860 of 2672 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
The firmware update option is greyed out on my tv. Not sure why...
Is your tv online? If not maybe that's why? I've been doing my updates from the samsung site with a USB. Since there's been updates my tv always says no updates so I just download them.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
it's not new, it's been around for more than a month. they screwed up the site update and put a new date on the old file for no reason.
There is definitely a new update but Samsung just forgot to update the file to the new one. You can tell because the FW number is different from the current one but the file itself is the old one

I am sure Samsung will figure out the issue and put the correct file up soon.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Firmware 1304.0 is out is Europe. Samsung servers strangely works good today as I'm downloading the update really fast.

EDIT:

Aaaaand the file is corrupted. Can't unzip the file (MacOS) -_-

EDIT 2:

Downloaded the Windows file and updated with no problems. I'm checking for bug fixes and new stuff but it seems nothing has changed from 1302.0 (as expected). Will share more if I find something.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Firmware 1304.0 is out is Europe. Samsung servers strangely works good today as I'm downloading the update really fast.

EDIT:

Aaaaand the file is corrupted. Can't unzip the file (MacOS) -_-

EDIT 2:

Downloaded the Windows file and updated with no problems. I'm checking for bug fixes and new stuff but it seems nothing has changed from 1302.0 (as expected). Will share more if I find something.
Thanks for the heads up just had mine delivered yesterday still need to unbox it all, but will update ASAP if it’s all ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
197 Posts
it's not new, it's been around for more than a month. they screwed up the site update and put a new date on the old file for no reason.
Weird I've been updating my tv and the last update I have is showing 1301. So this 1301.5 would be new. I'll have to try and download and see what happens.

·
Registered
136 Posts
View attachment 3023764 I wanted to post an update about some good news for HDMI 2.1 users. I purchased a Club3D DP1.4 to HDMI2.1 adapter from amazon (CAC-1085) Amazon.com: Club 3D DisplayPort1.4 to HDMI 4K120Hz HDR Active Adapter M/F CAC-1085: Home Audio & Theater and this HDMI 2.1 cable Amazon.com: (10ft/ 3m) 8K HDMI Ultra HD High Speed 48Gbps Cable Compatible with Apple TV Roku Netflix PS4 Pro Wii Xbox One X Samsung Sony LG: Industrial & Scientific and can confirm that on my RTX 2080 Ti, I can achieve both 4K 120Hz SDR and HDR 10-bit on my 65" Q90T. This thing is a great stop-gap for us until we get native 2.1 HDMI ports in the RTX 3000 series cards coming soon.
You got that display info from pressing Home and then select the source right?
Sadly there is no way to press a button and get a HUD showing input signal info no matter what you are looking at right (I have not found any)?

·
Vendor
27,409 Posts
Given some of us are experiencing DSE, if anyone knows this answer it can be of great help to us!

If the panel gets replaced by a samsung tech, and isn't any better than the current one, are we eligible to get another replacement until we get a good screen?
There is always a limit.....Hopefully your next panel is perfect ;)

·
Registered
197 Posts
So I downloaded update 1301.5 on the Samsung site to USB and tried to update the tv (1301) and it says no update available. So it must still be a bogus update.

·
Registered
197 Posts
You got that display info from pressing Home and then select the source right?
Sadly there is no way to press a button and get a HUD showing input signal info no matter what you are looking at right (I have not found any)?
Press home, then settings then look at the picture mode shortcut. It will show either just reg mode (movie) or HDR or HDR 10+
Thats the only way right now from the tv.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Thought I was learning to live with the dse, then watched aerial America Utah on the Smithsonian channel. Looks like garbage. Every time I start thinking it doesn't really bother me , something pops up that makes me cringe.

·
Registered
197 Posts
again, it's not bogus, it's old. your TV is on the same FW.
So what you're saying is that the new 1301.5 that they are showing on the Samsung site is the same as my current 1301 that I've had for over a month? Well hopefully Samsung will either put the right file up if there's supposed to be an update and if not then change the firmware # back to 1301 instead of 1301.5 so people don't get all confused...

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
So what you're saying is that the new 1301.5 that they are showing on the Samsung site is the same as my current 1301 that I've had for over a month? Well hopefully Samsung will either put the right file up if there's supposed to be an update and if not then change the firmware # back to 1301 instead of 1301.5 so people don't get all confused...
The file they have is the old one, there is definitely a new fw coming soon but Samsung changed the date and FW number but forgot to change the actual file. Once they figure it out you can download it.

1841 - 1860 of 2672 Posts