AVS Forum banner

1881 - 1900 of 2801 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
I notice that when subtitles or credits come on (white with a black background), they are white at first then change to a grayish color. Sometimes, when there are two lines of subtitles on the screen at the same time, the top line is white and the bottom line only turns to the grayish color. Is this normal? Can any settings be changed to fix this?
Good question.... I've noticed this myself. Starts bright and slowly fades to greyish.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Do I need to buy a new receiver like one of the 2020 Denons if I want to take advantage of the upcoming PS5 enhancements and watch UHD blurays?

my current receiver is a denon x1600h and supports eARC but doesn’t support HDR10+, ALLM, VRR, etc.

this TV isn’t 8K so trying to understand the benefits of trying to leverage the HDMI 2.1 capabilities... curious what others are doing?

·
Registered
40 Posts
So what you're saying is that the new 1301.5 that they are showing on the Samsung site is the same as my current 1301 that I've had for over a month? Well hopefully Samsung will either put the right file up if there's supposed to be an update and if not then change the firmware # back to 1301 instead of 1301.5 so people don't get all confused...
they tv will always show the main 4 numbers and not number after the . when you updated in June it was 1301.5
Samsung updated the date (to 8/4/20) on the US site but forgot to update the actual firmware. doh! lol

·
Registered
117 Posts
Do I need to buy a new receiver like one of the 2020 Denons if I want to take advantage of the upcoming PS5 enhancements and watch UHD blurays?

my current receiver is a denon x1600h and supports eARC but doesn’t support HDR10+, ALLM, VRR, etc.

this TV isn’t 8K so trying to understand the benefits of trying to leverage the HDMI 2.1 capabilities... curious what others are doing?
I think the x1600h got allm. My 730h did so I’d be surprised if it didn’t. Earc only matters if your using your tv as a hdmi switch vs the receiver. None of these features impact UHD playback so it’s merely VRR and 120hz you would be upgrading for. And some niceties like QFT and QMS on all ports. The 120hz would be limited to one port.

·
Registered
866 Posts

My receiver is 2.1 so I just plug the Xbox into the game HDMI port on the TV , the TV will pass through the audio to the receiver, as long as earc and anynet are enabled. Then I have all my other devices plugged into the receiver

·
Registered
866 Posts
My receiver is 2.1 so I just plug the Xbox into the game HDMI port on the TV , the TV will pass through the audio to the receiver, as long as earc and anynet are enabled. Then I have all my other devices plugged into the receiver
Sorry my receiver isn't 2.1. Typo

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think the x1600h got allm. My 730h did so I’d be surprised if it didn’t. Earc only matters if your using your tv as a hdmi switch vs the receiver. None of these features impact UHD playback so it’s merely VRR and 120hz you would be upgrading for. And some niceties like QFT and QMS on all ports. The 120hz would be limited to one port.
you’re righit does have ALLM.

what would I be giving up in regards to features and quality if I were to keep my current non-HDMI 2.1 receiver and get a PS5 and plan to play games and UHD Bluray’s?

·
Registered
117 Posts
you’re righit does have ALLM.

what would I be giving up in regards to features and quality if I were to keep my current non-HDMI 2.1 receiver and get a PS5 and plan to play games and UHD Bluray’s?
For none gaming nothing of any value other than quick media switching (faster switches between formats) assuming your playback device supports it. For gaming VRR and up to 120hz. Not many games are going to push 60fps but some will so depends if you think it’s worth it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I’m kind of a newb but I figured I’d ask on this thread about this panel because I already ordered it and it’s coming this week. It was this or the Sony 900h.

Do any of you find it a problem that there’s no Dolby vision or does it not matter with most content. I’ve owned a sony the last few years so I’ve always had it. Any issues or anything to be aware of I got the 75” model of that makes a difference at all. Just looking for some users experience on the subject. Mostly stream youtube tv and didn’t netflix as well. Also play quite a bit of games so I like that it has the hdmi 2.1 port in hdmi 4 has anyone checked to see if it’s full power hdmi 2.1? Appreciate any help

·
Registered
33 Posts
You can stream HDR10+ content through Amazon Prime.

while I think the picture quality is great, I don’t honestly notice a dramatic difference with HDR10+

·
Registered
202 Posts

Nope. Plug the console into the gaming port and then hdmi earc tv port to the receiver. The new 2020 denon are nice though with HDR10 + and all those other things you talked about.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Recently purchased the q90t 65". I have a Xbox 1 x going to game port and then earc to denon 3400h. When playing blu Ray it says that my receiver can't decode the signal and that I have to uncheck the box and in blu ray app. When I do this I loose dolby true HD. Using all hdmi 2.1 cable that were recommended by a user here. Anyone get this to work?

Also, says that my TV doesn't support 1440p 120hz. Only 120hz @1080p

·
Registered
117 Posts
Recently purchased the q90t 65". I have a Xbox 1 x going to game port and then earc to denon 3400h. When playing blu Ray it says that my receiver can't decode the signal and that I have to uncheck the box and in blu ray app. When I do this I loose dolby true HD. Using all hdmi 2.1 cable that were recommended by a user here. Anyone get this to work?

Also, says that my TV doesn't support 1440p 120hz. Only 120hz @1080p
Use any port but the game port for 1440p. All the ports support vrr and the other hdmi2.1 features. For whatever reason the game port doesn’t take 1440p.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I will get delivery of my 75" Q90T on Wed Aug 19th--yeah! BUT I will also be receiving a 43" Q60T and they will be on opposite sides of the same wall in different rooms. I am concerned that the remotes will cause BOTH to respond instead of just the intended TV. Do they pair with their respective TVs or must I have one or both on IR instead of RF?

·
Registered
660 Posts
I will get delivery of my 75" Q90T on Wed Aug 19th--yeah! BUT I will also be receiving a 43" Q60T and they will be on opposite sides of the same wall in different rooms. I am concerned that the remotes will cause BOTH to respond instead of just the intended TV. Do they pair with their respective TVs or must I have one or both on IR instead of RF?
The smart remote they both come with uses bluetooth so there should be no issues with the remote controlling the wrong TV.

Reactions: Cam1977

·
Registered
144 Posts
The smart remote they both come with uses bluetooth so there should be no issues with the remote controlling the wrong TV.
Wrong,
I have the Q800T and bought the Frame 2020 afterwards, when they were near to each other my Frame remote was turning on/off both of my TVs at the same time.

1881 - 1900 of 2801 Posts