AVS Forum banner

1901 - 1920 of 2767 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,268 Posts
@RouDeR In the pic, the tv thats on in the foreground is the q90t, the tv thats off in the background is the q80t, and I can assure you that neither remotes turn on/off either tv simultaneously. So i disagree with you.

Attachments

Reactions: musicman0725

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wrong,
I have the Q800T and bought the Frame 2020 afterwards, when they were near to each other my Frame remote was turning on/off both of my TVs at the same time.
Maybe it depends which remote you use, guess you could be using the standard Samsung remote which would control both... where as the smart remote is Bluetooth and shouldn’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Does anyone have access to a legit input lag testing tool to see what kind of input lag we really get in movie mode without game mode engaged?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I need a new receiver for this TV and just want to clarify I don't need one of the new Denon receivers to take full advantage of 2.1. I can plug in the Xbox Series X to the TV and run a ARC connection to a receiver and get all the new audio codecs correct?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Maybe it depends which remote you use, guess you could be using the standard Samsung remote which would control both... where as the smart remote is Bluetooth and shouldn’t

Both tvs came with Smart remotes (the frame with the simple smart remote) and the Q800T with the premium.

The Frame remote works on both tvs at the same time,
the Q800T remote works only on Q800T.
What are you describing is IR remote and it is IMPOSSIBLE for it to work for both at the SAME time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Both tvs came with Smart remotes (the frame with the simple smart remote) and the Q800T with the premium.

The Frame remote works on both tvs at the same time,
the Q800T remote works only on Q800T.
What are you describing is IR remote and it is IMPOSSIBLE for it to work for both at the SAME time.
I’m no expert but you did say In an earlier post that your frame remote was powering off both devices so sounds like it could be possible. Guess you would know as you have two tv’s was just trying to be helpful .

·
Registered
199 Posts
I need a new receiver for this TV and just want to clarify I don't need one of the new Denon receivers to take full advantage of 2.1. I can plug in the Xbox Series X to the TV and run a ARC connection to a receiver and get all the new audio codecs correct?
That's right. Just make sure your new receiver supports EARC not ARC. EARC is better and the tv supports it. The reason the new Denon is good is because you can keep everything plugged into it as it supports hdr 10+, VRR and more. I bought a new Sony DN1080 in April with this new tv as there was nothing supporting hdr10 + at the time. It has EARC so that was good. So what I do when I get a movie that supports hdr 10+ is hook the 4k player directly to the tv then do earc. Problem is if the movie is in DTS X the tv does not support DTS and for some reason I get 2.0 sound. So if there is no need for hdr10 + on the movie or its in dts x, I run everything through the receiver and get dts x and everything is good. My point is would be nice if the receiver I have would do HDR10 + so I could just keep everything plugged in through the receiver. For that reason you may wanna consider the new denon. If you care about that stuff. I may sell my Sony when I see one of these on sale. 😉

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Really interested in this myself. But would freesync work in movie mode? Or is it only available in game mode?
Game Mode is the only low input lag mode.

Why do people think movide mode or non game mode will have low input lag. We are talking high numbers like 50 to 70ms which is awful for gaming

·
Registered
5 Posts
Because it's actually pretty low if the signal received is at 120hz. According to a member here (@RouDeR), the input lag on movie mode at 120hz is lower than game mode at 60hz. His test may have been unscientific, but it's a nice lead and, if it's really true, a pretty good option for better image quality during gaming. Thing is you most certainly won't have VRR, so it's a trade off.

The video which shows RouDer's test:

Edit: grammar.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Because it's actually pretty low if the signal received is at 120hz. According to a member here (@RouDeR), the input lag on movie mode at 120hz is lower than game mode at 60hz. His test may have been unscientific, but it's a nice lead and, if it's really true, a pretty good option for better image quality during gaming. Thing is you most certainly won't have VRR, so it's a trade off.

The video which shows RouDer's test:

Edit: grammar.
That is not a input lag test. ZERO chance that input lag in movide mode at 120hz is lower then game mode at 60hz. ZERO

·
Registered
220 Posts
It’s hard to say. On paper you should be able to. But eARC is dodgy right now, on any model TV. You’re best to run through the receiver to avoid problems.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi all thanks for all the shared knowledge. Got my 85" q90t set recently and had it professionally calibrated by Hdtvbychad, who spent a tremendous 5 hours calibrating it. After calibration there really wasn't too much difference on HDR content versus before calibration with color mode set to WARM2 and Movie Mode suggesting that the factory calibration is pretty good for HDR. The biggest difference was on SDR content, the colors really popped after the calibration and everything was more "3D". If you watch a tonne of SDR content, I highly recommend getting it calibrated professionally.

I'm upgraded from an 82" q70r and felt there was a meaningful difference even before calibration especially with the dimming around subtitles. The new algorithm on the q90t is much better. On the old q70r the whole screen would brighten whenever subtitles would appear, not just around the subtitle area.

My 2 cents in case anyone else was thinkong of getting calibration/upgrading from 2019 sets.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, i have the q95t 85inch and the soundbar q950t. Does someone have the settings i can use for the soundbar.
Also does q symphony not work properly with cable tv, only with Netflix and playstation?

·
Registered
213 Posts
For an all-black image or video outside of a game, does this model turn the backlight 100% off? Where it's indistinguishable from the TV being off? Make sure to do it in a pitch black room with no lights on.

I'm curious if this is only possible with OLEDs or some LCDs can do this with all black scenes

·
Registered
265 Posts
On the old q70r the whole screen would brighten whenever subtitles would appear, not just around the subtitle area.
The reason is your old Q70R is an edge lit TV and the Q90T is a FALD TV

1901 - 1920 of 2767 Posts