AVS Forum banner

1921 - 1940 of 2648 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Was wondering if anyone can help with my arc issue. My TV won't connect to my receiver anymore. It was working fine until I turned on the TV the other day. It will show the HDMI sound option in settings. I click on it and it disappears and goes back to the TV speakers. Was working great and all of a sudden stopped which makes it even more strange. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Was wondering if anyone can help with my arc issue. My TV won't connect to my receiver anymore. It was working fine until I turned on the TV the other day. It will show the HDMI sound option in settings. I click on it and it disappears and goes back to the TV speakers. Was working great and all of a sudden stopped which makes it even more strange. Any suggestions?
This exact same thing happened to me, and it turned out to be that somehow HDMI-CEC got turned off in my AVR. I had to re-enable that function and it worked fine again. I don't know what AVR you have, but you might check that option or whatever nomenclature is used by your particular AVR.

·
Registered
44 Posts
This exact same thing happened to me, and it turned out to be that somehow HDMI-CEC got turned off in my AVR. I had to re-enable that function and it worked fine again. I don't know what AVR you have, but you might check that option or whatever nomenclature is used by your particular AVR.
I looked at my settings and everything is on. I even did a master reset on the TV and still the same thing smh

·
Registered
156 Posts
Dumb question: If I'm playing my Xbox one S on my Q90T will the TV upscale my game to 4k?
I'm confused by your question because the Xbox One S does stream and play games in 4K. It is not NATIVE 4K, like the One X, so it is already upscaling to 4K for you. Your TV will receive it as a 4K signal being passed from the One S. So I guess the answer to your question is "no, the TV doesn't upscale the One S to 4K because the One S is already upscaling to 4K first."

Reactions: CJ Juarez

·
Registered
156 Posts
I looked at my settings and everything is on. I even did a master reset on the TV and still the same thing smh
And you have Anynet + enabled on your TV as well?

Reactions: CJ Juarez

·
Registered
44 Posts
And you have Anynet + enabled on your TV as well?
Yup, it's weird because my remote will still turn on and off the receiver. Also, it will occasionally show up as an option to use but soon as I click it goes disappears and turns the TV speakers back on again. Receiver is working fine as well

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yup, it's weird because my remote will still turn on and off the receiver. Also, it will occasionally show up as an option to use but soon as I click it goes disappears and turns the TV speakers back on again. Receiver is working fine as well
Yeah, that's strange. The behavior that you're describing is the exact same thing that mine was doing but my issue was simply that HDMI-CEC was turned off in my receiver. Yours sounds like it might be more involved. Have you tried doing a factory reset of your receiver, since you did one of the TV already?

·
Registered
862 Posts
My TV gets delivered tomorrow! I already told the family to not bother me as I play red dead 2 all day!
Let us know how the game looks to you if you could, on my set I can't get the HDR to look good at all in that game. Looks way better in sdr . In HDR everything seems washed out and hazy or all black detail is crushed. No happy medium. Played with every setting I could think of, just can't get it to look right.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Let us know how the game looks to you if you could, on my set I can't get the HDR to look good at all in that game. Looks way better in sdr . In HDR everything seems washed out and hazy or all black detail is crushed. No happy medium. Played with every setting I could think of, just can't get it to look right.
That's because RD has fake HDR and it will never look good unless they remaster it or something

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m having problems with playing Atmos through the Q95t (same as the q90t but with the one connect box). My set up is Apple tv to hdmi1 on the tv. Then hdmi3 (earc) from the tv to Sony ht-st5000 sound bar. Earc enabled on both and Atmos and audio pass through and input signal plus enabled on the tv. Also cec enabled on both. Atmos compatibility shows on the Apple TV and the Atmos symbol shows next to some movies and series.

But often I get no Atmos sound coming through. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes it works if I take out and then replace the HDMI cable between tv and sound bar. Sometimes it doesn’t. 5.1 surround always works fine.

I also have an Xbox one x plugged into hdmi4 on the tv. Again, Atmos enabled. Often the Atmos sound works for a while and then just cuts out and... silence.

When Atmos works then the sound bar shows Atmos on its display. When it doesn’t then nothing shows on the sound bar display which makes me think it‘s not getting a signal at all and the tv has stopped passing it through.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Thanks for any help you can give!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah, that's strange. The behavior that you're describing is the exact same thing that mine was doing but my issue was simply that HDMI-CEC was turned off in my receiver. Yours sounds like it might be more involved. Have you tried doing a factory reset of your receiver, since you did one of the TV already?
Woke up this morning and turned on the TV and now like magic it works again. No idea what happened lol. The only problem now is that when my TV shuts off the volume in the receiver goes to 0 and I have to turn it up every time I turn on the TV. Is there a setting to change that?

·
Registered
862 Posts
I can't figure this TV out. When I was playing red dead redemption 2 game motion plus would dim the screen, now playing star wars battle front 2 I get no dimming from game motion plus. Also I'm getting mass audio lag if vrr and freesync are on. Like 500 ms if auto is turned on and 300 ms if the audio is set to pass through. This is going to a Yamaha receiver. Use the TV speakers and get no lag or using game motion plus I get 0 lag. Didn't really notice the audio lag till I played halo 5 or battle front

·
Vendor
27,390 Posts
Hi all thanks for all the shared knowledge. Got my 85" q90t set recently and had it professionally calibrated by Hdtvbychad, who spent a tremendous 5 hours calibrating it. After calibration there really wasn't too much difference on HDR content versus before calibration with color mode set to WARM2 and Movie Mode suggesting that the factory calibration is pretty good for HDR. The biggest difference was on SDR content, the colors really popped after the calibration and everything was more "3D". If you watch a tonne of SDR content, I highly recommend getting it calibrated professionally.
What did chad have to say about the 90T overall?
Yeah. I read about that. But looking at other people's YouTube videos, can't get mine too look remotely close to there's. Not sure what the deal is
Well lets face it, there set up is completely different then yours, including but not limited to the TV?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Well my “perfect” 85q90t is dead and a replacement is about a week away. The TV started a boot loop/ reset about a week ago ( 2 weeks into ownership) QLED logo then home screen for about 10 seconds then repeat. I was able to navigate the menu and do a reset and afterward cleared the memory cache and SmartHub reset. That worked until last night.

My wife and I watched Carnival Row and the set “froze”/non-responsive to any inputs and would not power off so I unplugged for two minutes and held the power button on the set for 10 seconds and waited two more minutes. Tried to power on and absolutely nothing, dead screen. Strange thing is I can see the red light from the optical cable Port glowing every time I plug it in, just no Picture or sound whatsoever.

Super frustrating as I have to box this puppy up and ship it back and wait for them once they receive to ship out a new one. Panel was perfect to me as well so now I get to play the lottery...

Just a heads up to watch for, never had a set have a power issue out of about 9 high end sets that I have owned/ own. Still have a six year old Samsung plasma that works flawlessly, but there is always a chance something will fail and it did in this case.

Hopefully the new set is perfect as well, just can’t deal with boxing and unboxing/moving these giants with my tiny wife.

1921 - 1940 of 2648 Posts