AVS Forum banner

1281 - 1300 of 2379 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Thanks for the info but hard to tell if they rise to a peak in the center or sit flush to the cabinet they sit on I need them flat.
They don't sit flat throughout. The portion that extends out the back of the TV sits flat, but the front portion rises up from the front tip to the where the leg connects to the tv.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Thanks that’s what I needed to know.

Reactions: sd13

·
Vendor
27,532 Posts
Thank you so much. This is by far the most comprehensive, objective and conclusive feedback I have encountered so far. This is exactly what I was looking for. Need to consider making this a permanent sticky for those on the fence. :)

Most of the other fleeting reviews I came across online, were essentially clouded in extreme ambiguity. Lol. I think this feedback is quite decisive and will surely steer me towards the A8H. I was about to pull the trigger on the A9G through Bestbuy.
@D-Nice he mentioned these units where basically tied......
IDK about the a8h, but my a1e with 9000 hours had ZERO burn in.
That's some hours there ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am debating between the A8H or the A9G. I primarily watch BluRay movies and stream content from Netflix and Amazon.

Is the Clearness BFI upgrade on the A8H worth it for 24P content compared to the A9G?

I am leaning towards the A9G as it comes in 77".

I don't mind adding a little bit of motion interpolation on Sonys. I currently have an older XBR65x930C LED and use a touch of smoothing.

Just wondering if I would really notice the difference between running the A8H with the new BFI or the A9G with BFI off and a touch of Smoothness (interpolation) on.

Thanks!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just wondering if I would really notice the difference between running the A8H with the new BFI or the A9G with BFI off and a touch of Smoothness (interpolation) on.

Thanks!
That is the big question that no one is answering

·
Registered
34 Posts
That is the big question that no one is answering
Seems that with Sony's excellent motion interpolation that for watching film this would be more than adequate with very little artifacts(set to one of its lower settings to avoid the more extreme soap opera effect). BFI would be more important for sports and gaming.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ya, i have upgradidis since I am still on my old backlit Sony from 2015. Not sure I want to wait until next summer for the newer Master series price on the 77" to be priced at what they are now just to get better BFI. Who knows, maybe the new Master series will be 8K and really crazy $$

·
Premium Member
6,282 Posts
Has anyone experienced the black screen with the bravia logo on the bottom right? It happens randomly...I have a Denon 4500h connected to it.

1281 - 1300 of 2379 Posts