AVS Forum banner

1301 - 1320 of 2271 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Damn folks are awful quiet in this thread bout their sets...

Reactions: WOLVERNOLE

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yep not a lot of activity maybe a good sign that owners are happy with their A8H. I’ve had mine for about a month and have no regrets. This after being a plasma owner for ten years. I enjoyed my Panasonic ST50 it was still a great tv but wanted to try something different, for me this OLED is a worthy upgrade.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Some of the sets out there have threads with a very high percentage of gaming related posts. You won't see much gaming discussion with this tv, since it doesn't appeal to the most avid of gamers.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yep not a lot of activity maybe a good sign that owners are happy with their A8H. I’ve had mine for about a month and have no regrets. This after being a plasma owner for ten years. I enjoyed my Panasonic ST50 it was still a great tv but wanted to try something different, for me this OLED is a worthy upgrade.
Moving from Panny Plasma to Sony Oled this weekend!

·
Registered
9,558 Posts
Very unhelpful. Thanks
It was factually correct. What would be "unhelpful" is if a 66 page thread consisted of the the same 6 pages, repeated 11 times, because people can't, or won't, read the thread. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Costco?

Hello all...

I've been following this thread since the beginning with great interest. I see that Costco Canada is carrying the Sony A8H OLED TV's, at pretty much current prices with the currency exchange. Anyone know if Costco in the US planning to carry these as well, or why they don't? They do carry other Sony models, X90CH (X900H), X850G, X75CH, but I'm not interested in any of those for obvious reasons. I prefer to buy from Costco due to their extended warranty and return policies, and the fact that there are no other B&M stores where I am. Online retailers will not ship to me. I've emailed my local Costco inquiring. Thanks for any additional info/insight anyone else can provide.

PS. BTW, they do carry all flavors of the CX but...
I would like to ping the group on this again. I am in the US and would prefer to buy the A8H from Costco for ease of return and extra warranty. Anyone know if US-Costco has any plans to carry the Sony A8H? My local Best Buy is sold out of the 55" and as stated I want to be able to return easy if there are any issues.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Im expecting mine (65") on Monday. Upgrading from LG 55C series oled which developed burn in. 65" in the bedroom. Am I crazy? Probably.
So anyway thought Id chime in with my impressions when the set arrives on Monday. Will give a mini-review. (Kinda seems like LG folks give a bit more feedback on their sets)

Reactions: scarylarry

·
Registered
420 Posts
Quick question for A8H owners. Do you use the TV's internal apps or an external device like apple TV or roku? Any preference and if so - why?

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts
***Looks like a great TV but no 77” model is unfortunate. Since the A9G is available in a 77” - you would think that Sony would provide that size/option with the A8H. Maybe they are pushing folks to the A9G to eliminate competition at this panel size.

Reactions: Cam1977

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts
I would like to ping the group on this again. I am in the US and would prefer to buy the A8H from Costco for ease of return and extra warranty. Anyone know if US-Costco has any plans to carry the Sony A8H? My local Best Buy is sold out of the 55" and as stated I want to be able to return easy if there are any issues.
I don’t see anywhere on Costco’s website where they sell any Sony OLED TV’s nor have I ever seen a Sony OLED at my local Costco here in Colorado. If you can’t find one locally, look online or give Cleveland Plasma a call?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Quick question for A8H owners. Do you use the TV's internal apps or an external device like apple TV or roku? Any preference and if so - why?
I use the internal apps, and see no reason not to. Not sure why people do. But its nice having options.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I recently replaced my oldie but goodie XBR52HX909 that's been in my bedroom for years with the 55A8H and i've been really happy. Fantastic uniformity, no vertical bands and clean motion. The 909's contrast was so good it's not exactly a monster upgrade that way but in HDR it's certainly very bright at times in a blacked out bedroom at night. I'm using internal apps and Control4 to use the mini drivers that accelerates the opening of them which i love. Interface is responsive and sound is good (only room i don't have any gear in sound wise) for what it's for. I've watched some challenging content but since it's just streaming sources i don't have firm opinion on it but it excels with difficult to resolve content and it's been a nice upgrade. I have a Z9D and 930E in other rooms so it's nice to be able to transition to Netflix HDR content when i'm too tired to finish downstairs on the Z9D and not lose quality. I've been watching a lot of NBA bubble on it and have been impressed with clarity of motion and the cleanliness of the panel. I was a bit nervous as i was at a customers house with an A9G a few months ago (before hell broke loose) and we had to exchange it due to miserable uniformity that made sports completely unwatchable. This is spot free which is nice.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I don’t see anywhere on Costco’s website where they sell any Sony OLED TV’s nor have I ever seen a Sony OLED at my local Costco here in Colorado. If you can’t find one locally, look online or give Cleveland Plasma a call?
I know costco canada sells the A8H online (but I have never seen them in store), but looks like costco US does not at this time.

1301 - 1320 of 2271 Posts