AVS Forum banner

Which size x900H / X90 do you own or wish to purchase?

801 - 820 of 868 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
this is what i meant.. Why would they change this?? Looks pretty black and white to me? if not why take the time to edit it?
It is black and white. And even the new 2021 TV's have the same s**tty message ALLM and VRR will be available with a future update. I start to believe that Sony put that message there to make the TV more appealing to PC/console users and to make sale on it.
Fortunately I felt that something is wrong with all this when I saw that message "Features and specifications are subject to change without prior notice. " and I stopped from ordering the TV.
It seems that they applied it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You guys keeping your series x on 60 or 120? Only spot I’ve noticed blur has been madden 21, but I feel like it helps with screen tearing on other games. Maybe if playing madden just go back to 60. Just annoying to have to change.

·
Registered
111 Posts
You guys keeping your series x on 60 or 120? Only spot I’ve noticed blur has been madden 21, but I feel like it helps with screen tearing on other games. Maybe if playing madden just go back to 60. Just annoying to have to change.
I change to 120hz in games which support it but usually have it on 60hz as I notice the blur.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The problem with keeping 120hz selected on the Series X with this TV is that it can cause random skipping in 60hz games. I have noticed this multiple times while playing Halo 5 MP. I initially thought it was a problem with lag or something in the first match I played (when 120hz is selected in the Display Options of the Series X). But it happened more and more. I had footage of those matches captured directly from the Series X and it wasn't present in the footage leading to it being an issue with the TV.

·
Registered
Sony 65x900h, Yam RXV6A, Klipsch RP8000F, RP504C, RP500SA, RP600M, SMSL SU8, MD THXAAA789, SennHD6XX
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #807
The problem with keeping 120hz selected on the Series X with this TV is that it can cause random skipping in 60hz games. I have noticed this multiple times while playing Halo 5 MP. I initially thought it was a problem with lag or something in the first match I played (when 120hz is selected in the Display Options of the Series X). But it happened more and more. I had footage of those matches captured directly from the Series X and it wasn't present in the footage leading to it being an issue with the TV.
Do you happen to have a ps5 with a 120hz game or a pc with a 2.1 card? I don't have an xbox, but some anecdotal information I've seen is the xbox sends a compressed signal over 2.1 instead of uncompressed like the nvidia cards and the ps5 does. I've not heard of any reports of ps5's skipping frames on 120hz games but admittedly:

#1 The sheer number of valid complaints about the blur on 120hz overwhelms everything else
#2 Very few ps5 games support 120hz

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I bought this garbage TV for the 2.1 features but it is really a 2.0 TV. I’m way past being able to return and it wasn’t an option anyway since I bought from an online retailer and I would have been charged shipping and restocking.

51 Posts
With the way Sony is acting I would bet it’s more likely then not true.
I think that your mistake is thinking the people in this forum represents their customer base, that is not true we are just a very small percentage here.

Overall people just love this TV to death, that is probably why Sony is "acting" like this. If there is no problem then there is no statement from Sony, and right now we are too small to constitute a problem form them.

It is possible they will drop the ball, yes, but we should not act as if that is a sure thing imo.

Whoever wants to return it, it is totally understandable, but this is all far from over.

·
Registered
171 Posts
?? You dont think silence on everything about this TV is an indication?:unsure: If it was going to happen they would be talking it up like there is no tomorrow.
Sony will not make any statement on this, period. There's no upside and only open them for further liabilities.

801 - 820 of 868 Posts