AVS Forum banner

Which size x900H / X90 do you own or wish to purchase?

821 - 840 of 868 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I think that your mistake is thinking the people in this forum represents their customer base, that is not true we are just a very small percentage here.

Overall people just love this TV to death, that is probably why Sony is "acting" like this. If there is no problem then there is no statement from Sony, and right now we are too small to constitute a problem form them.

It is possible they will drop the ball, yes, but we should not act as if that is a sure thing imo.

Whoever wants to return it, it is totally understandable, but this is all far from over.
I would definitely return it if I had the option, I do not and I'm stuck with it. Been seriously thinking about buying a C9 65" refurb for the same price as this TV. And throwing this TV on the floor of a bedroom and chalking it up to a big mistake of a purchase.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Solid feedback on the Series X and what you’re keeping it at. Honestly wish it would only change to 120hz when it’s available like the ps5. Thank goodness I can only see it on one game and it’s just under the players on madden 21. The turbo bar. Since it’s a circular figure I think it has issues showing it in 120hz since people are saying it’s only 3840x1080. I think I might still keep in 120 for ease. Is this tv a mistake to keep when I still have a month left to return, probably...but my only other option would be a CX and I would have to include the warranty. I might just end up keeping. IMO things that actually still support 120 still look great even at dynamic resolution. Haven’t played many games that go straight to 1080p. Might buy borderlands 3.

51 Posts
I would definitely return it if I had the option, I do not and I'm stuck with it. Been seriously thinking about buying a C9 65" refurb for the same price as this TV. And throwing this TV on the floor of a bedroom and chalking it up to a big mistake of a purchase.
If those features are so important to you and you cant return it, i would wait a few more months since there is still a fair chance they will deliver. If not just sell it to someone else, people are lining up to buy this tv.

In Canada we use kijiji to buy and sell used stuff, and when you search for this TV the only ads you see are "wanted" ads...

·
Registered
111 Posts
There is someone on this gaming forum saying he experienced something similar to this with his TV a few years ago but doesn't specify which TV it was. If anyone has an account on that website would you be able to ask him which TV that was? It requires a special type of email that I don't have so I've been unable to sign up and ask myself. But I think it's something worth looking into.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Do you happen to have a ps5 with a 120hz game or a pc with a 2.1 card? I don't have an xbox, but some anecdotal information I've seen is the xbox sends a compressed signal over 2.1 instead of uncompressed like the nvidia cards and the ps5 does. I've not heard of any reports of ps5's skipping frames on 120hz games but admittedly:

#1 The sheer number of valid complaints about the blur on 120hz overwhelms everything else
#2 Very few ps5 games support 120hz
No, I don't have a PC (with HDMI 2.1) or a PS5 to test with. But it's not skipping frames with actual 120hz games on the Series X. It only happens when forcing a 120hz output from the Series X's display options and then playing a 60hz game. It's impossible to do that on PS5 as you cannot force a 120hz output. So when playing a 60hz game with a 120hz output on the x900H it can cause what looks to be a very odd stutter (only way I can put it). I know it is the TV because when I record direct gameplay from the console itself it isn't present in the video. So it's definitely an odd issue with the TV. It doesn't happen all the time either, but can happen frequently.

·
Registered
Sony 65x900h, Yam RXV6A, Klipsch RP8000F, RP504C, RP500SA, RP600M, SMSL SU8, MD THXAAA789, SennHD6XX
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #831
No, I don't have a PC (with HDMI 2.1) or a PS5 to test with. But it's not skipping frames with actual 120hz games on the Series X. It only happens when forcing a 120hz output from the Series X's display options and then playing a 60hz game. It's impossible to do that on PS5 as you cannot force a 120hz output. So when playing a 60hz game with a 120hz output on the x900H it can cause what looks to be a very odd stutter (only way I can put it). I know it is the TV because when I record direct gameplay from the console itself it isn't present in the video. So it's definitely an odd issue with the TV. It doesn't happen all the time either, but can happen frequently.
I hear what you're saying, but I don't think your scenario rules the tv out from being the culprit.

#1 Why would you even WANT to manually select 120hz output if the game only supports 60hz.
#2 Does the console even record video at 120hz? And if it says it does, does it actually do it?
#3 The only way you're going to be able to say it's an issue specific to the tv, is to see if it performs the same way, in the same scenario (same version of game/software, etc) on a different model display.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I hear what you're saying, but I don't think your scenario rules the tv out from being the culprit.

#1 Why would you even WANT to manually select 120hz output if the game only supports 60hz.
#2 Does the console even record video at 120hz? And if it says it does, does it actually do it?
#3 The only way you're going to be able to say it's an issue specific to the tv, is to see if it performs the same way, in the same scenario (same version of game/software, etc) on a different model display.
It is for convenience, so you don't have to constantly change refresh rate depending on the game but I have been switching it to 60hz for 60fps games (especially with Cyberpunk 2077). And no, the console does not record at 120fps. It is locked to 60fps capture at 4K & 1080p. When playing 60hz games at 60hz they play fine. There was somebody else (not sure if it was on these forums) that had the same issue on PC. They had their PC running at (I am assuming 4K) 120hz but played a game at 60hz and mentioned the same kind of stutter. It isn't the regular kind of stutter that you'd see if the frame rate was dipping or if a game had inconsistent frame times. It just looks odd when you see it. If the stutters were on the console side it would show up in the capture, the game is only outputting at 60hz so it would show up in a 60fps capture (even when outputting at 120hz).

·
Registered
153 Posts
This TV without VRR and ALLM and failed 4k @ 120Hz is not a true HDMI 2.1. The same image quality and 120Hz can be achieved on HDMI 2.0b. In consequence is not even worth the money you payed for it.
VRR, ALLM and [email protected] were advertised to make people buy it, because Sony needs money like any other company, and people were more focused on buying from other companies because they offered more features.
The lack of sells in this part of Sony's company made them use false advertise and it was the only way to make people buy this TV because they are not ready for 4k @ 120Hz with VRR and ALLM.
Even the 2021 line up doesn't have VRR and ALLM, and I'm wondering if not also the [email protected] is blurry. While other big companies moved to mini LED, Sony is still on FALD. Why ? Because for mini LED they need to invest more money..
That means that they stagnated, moved to slow or invested to much money and they need to have the return of the investment. Somehow the consumer TV department became unprofitable and when something is not profitable in a big company you do something about it or close it. And they did something. They lied with false advertise.
Everyone who bought this TV, for those features, felt in their trap.
Believe it or not, I think this is the truth.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You guys keeping your series x on 60 or 120? Only spot I’ve noticed blur has been madden 21, but I feel like it helps with screen tearing on other games. Maybe if playing madden just go back to 60. Just annoying to have to change.
I’ve kept mine on 120 and haven’t noticed it but I’m also sitting 12-13’ away from the tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
It is for convenience, so you don't have to constantly change refresh rate depending on the game but I have been switching it to 60hz for 60fps games (especially with Cyberpunk 2077). And no, the console does not record at 120fps. It is locked to 60fps capture at 4K & 1080p. When playing 60hz games at 60hz they play fine. There was somebody else (not sure if it was on these forums) that had the same issue on PC. They had their PC running at (I am assuming 4K) 120hz but played a game at 60hz and mentioned the same kind of stutter. It isn't the regular kind of stutter that you'd see if the frame rate was dipping or if a game had inconsistent frame times. It just looks odd when you see it. If the stutters were on the console side it would show up in the capture, the game is only outputting at 60hz so it would show up in a 60fps capture (even when outputting at 120hz).
That was me.

A 120hz refresh rate with 60fps capped game on PC causes a weird consistent stutter. Not sure if it is TV specific, or they all do this. I was wondering if it was a setting on the computer, but it sounds like the Xbox is also doing it. It should just be doubling frames, but it does not look like that at all. VRR should solve the problem, if we get it, and it works...

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
That was me.

A 120hz refresh rate with 60fps capped game on PC causes a weird consistent stutter. Not sure if it is TV specific, or they all do this. I was wondering if it was a setting on the computer, but it sounds like the Xbox is also doing it. It should just be doubling frames, but it does not look like that at all. VRR should solve the problem, if we get it, and it works...
Interesting... I haven't experienced that with warzone on the series x.... I actually prefer 4k120 mode... I tried switching back to 4k60 and felt like it wasn't as smooth... and the input lag was slightly higher..... maybe I just don't know what to look for... any videos showing the stuttering?

·
Registered
171 Posts
That was me.

Yeah, it is very odd. It shouldn't be TV specific because console games running at 30fps when the console is outputting at 60hz don't exhibit that behavior. When I first experienced the odd stutters, I was playing Halo 5 on Series X. My first multiplayer match I experienced it, but it went away on it's own about halfway through the match. It was fine several matches later, so I chalked it up to lag. But the next day it did the same thing but was pretty consistent across multiple matches. I changed the Refresh Rate on the Series X to 60hz and it was fine. The video captures of those matches (recorded directly from the Series X in 60fps) did not show those stutters.

So it's a bit annoying having to flip back and forth from 60hz to 120hz depending on the game I am playing.

·
Registered
164 Posts
This TV without VRR and ALLM and failed 4k @ 120Hz is not a true HDMI 2.1. The same image quality and 120Hz can be achieved on HDMI 2.0b. In consequence is not even worth the money you payed for it.
VRR, ALLM and [email protected] were advertised to make people buy it, because Sony needs money like any other company, and people were more focused on buying from other companies because they offered more features.
Man, you should really get a personal diary so you don't misinform anyone in this thread.

VRR and ALLM are CONFIRMED as a FUTURE update (this was known last year). The chipset is the same as the 2021's, so expect plenty of support.

Hop off the ledge and enjoy your TV for a few months while you watch the updates roll in :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Man, you should really get a personal diary so you don't misinform anyone in this thread.

VRR and ALLM are CONFIRMED as a FUTURE update (this was known last year). The chipset is the same as the 2021's, so expect plenty of support.

Hop off the ledge and enjoy your TV for a few months while you watch the updates roll in :ROFLMAO:
I won't enjoy that TV because I didn't bought it when I saw all the problems it has. I will enjoy my real full array mini led LG or Samsung in few months.
I can still watch TV for few more months on my 15 years Panasonic CRT which has more more brightness then any OLED or LED TVs on sale at this moment. HDR, DV and any other crap is a gimmick to trick people. CRT can get so bright that it can hurt your eyes when watching in the dark and there is no color banding or any other crap like that.
I wish you to enjoy your TV and gl with getting that update.

821 - 840 of 868 Posts