AVS Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Can anyone confirm if HDR works with the Amazon Prime built in app? Also anyone with an Apple TV confirm my other issue above?
This is mine. I upped the contrast so it looks a bit worse than it is but its noticeable for sure.
I guess my answer is OBE for you, so for anyone else I put "The Tick" on and it displayed "HDR" on the screen and the settings menu.

v/r,
C-F

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think this "yellow haze" on the 5 series is a common issue. I have it on mine (going to return it). I would say that most users are not going to notice it, or accept it as it doesn't really show up on normal content (unless it's white/light grey). I picked up a 6 series, and it is perfect.

Apparently the HDR on Prime has now been fixed (atleast that is what they are reporting in the 6 series thread).

·
Registered
340 Posts
Can anyone confirm when the 75 inch in this line is going to hit Best Buy's?

I have the 2018 6 series 65 inch. I'm looking to upgrade size for a sports/gaming room (not my main movie room)...but I want that 75 inch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone I just got my 65 inch S535 and having an issue, I think it's dirty screen effect or DSE for short. Screen is like dark brownish color on all 4 corners and all across the top and sides is brownish color. Almost like a pretty gross brown picture frame when you throw up a pure white image. I can also see it on 80% of stuff I view. The tv had 2 foam things taped to both sides and all sides had like some kind of harder plastic peel like packing tape that was on the screen itself and the sides. Thought this was hurting tv honestly when peeling off because it was a lot harder than regular scratch resistant shipping stuff but was on the screen so had to come off. I could see the liquid crystal or whatever when I peeled it. Take a look at my screen and let me know what you think. I bought it on Amazon and don't drive it would just be a hassle to return it. View attachment 3032810
I have the 55” version and noticed this on my tv also. I haven’t bought a new tv in 10 years or so, so I was not sure if this was to be expected, or if this is something I should return. I’ve also noticed the bottom corners are bright especially in the home minute with the red background. The tv overall is beautiful, maybe I’m nitpicking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can see a little dirt in the corners on a white background.Other than that I can’t see it.
Over all I’m pleased with it.
Love the color and the price.

·
Registered
829 Posts
For those reporting yellow areas, keep in mind the factory "warm" temp is around 6K (my baseline 10-pt check confirmed this) which will definitely exacerbate this kind of thing. I just did a full grayscale cal (MUCH more on this later...) and got it closer to D65. Still have some but only really noticeable at 90% and higher. During normal viewing it shouldn't be a concern, especially for the non-critical viewer like my MIL, except during very specific (uniformly bright) program material so I'm not too worried.

I can also confirm HDR mode does work from the Amazon Prime Video app based on a quick check of an episode from The Grand Tour.

Bottom line so far is not too keen on the Roku OS (from a display management perspective) but for a $400 set (bought the 50") I'm pretty darn impressed.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Liking Roku even less. Netflix won't install despite selecting it during device setup which I did multiple times with no success. Support was no help, after 15 minutes said "we'll look into it.". Many reboots, power cycles, software checks, and even deleted other apps in case it was a space issue. Nope. All other apps install and run fine, its just Netflix which downloads and then fails saying "Can't install Netflix". Tried every solution I could find short of "factory reset" which many also claim didn't work, anyway.

This is totally unacceptable even if its temporary. I thought this was supposed to be a "polished, mature streaming OS". Apparently not. And I thought Tivo was bad now, yikes.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Liking Roku even less. Netflix won't install despite selecting it during device setup which I did multiple times with no success. Support was no help, after 15 minutes said "we'll look into it.". Many reboots, power cycles, software checks, and even deleted other apps in case it was a space issue. Nope. All other apps install and run fine, its just Netflix which downloads and then fails saying "Can't install Netflix". Tried every solution I could find short of "factory reset" which many also claim didn't work, anyway.

This is totally unacceptable even if its temporary. I thought this was supposed to be a "polished, mature streaming OS". Apparently not. And I thought Tivo was bad now, yikes.

Anyone else seeing this issue?
Chack your Private Message 👍

·
Registered
16,106 Posts
Trying to decide on the 75" model .. any user experiences .. ?? thanks

61 - 71 of 71 Posts