AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seems that TCL has quietly released their new 2020 6-series (R635) and 5-series (S535) models in Canada via BestBuy.ca. So far only the 65" and 75" in both series are listed. No info is available about these models on the TCL USA or Canada sites so here is what has been posted on Best Buy Canada about them.

2020 TCL 6-series (R635)

TCL 65R635-CA - $1299.99 CAD

TCL 75R635-CA - $1999.99 CAD

Overview:
Stay entertained with all your movies, TV shows, and games in cinematic quality with this TCL 6-Series smart TV. Featuring Ultra HD resolution, HDR Pro Pack, QLED, and a 120Hz refresh rate with Natural Motion 480, this television delivers impressive visuals with sharp imagery. It works on the intuitive Roku TV platform so you can stream the content of your choice.

More Information:
  • 4K Ultra HD display with 3840 x 2160 native resolution brings a cinematic experience to your home with breathtaking visuals
  • HDR Pro Pack technology with Dolby Vision optimises every scene with precise details in bright and dark areas to make your movies and games look natural and realistic
  • 120Hz refresh rate along with Natural Motion 480 technology reduces motion blur and ensures you'll never miss a single frame while watching fast-action content like sports or playing intense action games
  • Quantum Dot LED technology delivers superior performance with vibrant and rich colours that take onscreen realism to the next level
  • Intuitive user interface of the Roku TV operating system makes it easy to use and supports a world of content, including a variety of streaming channels and apps (internet connection and app subscriptions required)
  • Wi-Fi and wired internet connectivity provide flexible network connection options
  • Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa compatibility lets you conveniently control the TV with simple voice commands
  • Dual speakers at the bottom featuring Dolby Atmos/Dolby Digital+ technologies deliver high-quality immersive sound for your music, movies, and games
  • Four HDMI input ports (including 1 eARC), A/V composite video + L&R audio-in input, optical digital audio output, headphone jack, and USB media port let you connect multiple devices or accessories to the TV
  • Sleek profile and modern design gives a premium and attractive look to your home entertainment system
Details & Specs:

Video:
  • Screen Size: 65 in / 75 in
  • Resolution: 4K Ultra HD
  • High Dynamic Range (HDR): Yes
  • Motion Enhancement Technology: Natural Motion 480
  • Video Modes: Movie; Normal; Vivid; Low Power; Sports; (HDR 3-mode: Dark, Normal, Bright)
  • Panel Shape: Flat
Audio:
  • Audio Enhancement: Dolby Atmos / Dolby Digital +
  • Speaker Configuration: Bottom
  • Speaker Output Power: 8W + 8W (65") / 12W + 12W (75")
Inputs/Outputs:
  • HDMI Inputs: 4
  • Component Video Inputs: No
  • Optical Digital Audio Outputs: 1 - Side
  • Headphone Jack: 1 - Side
  • USB Media Port: 1 - Side
  • Internet Connectivity: Wi-Fi and Wired
  • Bluetooth: No
  • Works with Apple AirPlay: No
  • DLNA Certified: No
  • TV Operating System: Roku TV
  • Motion Control: No
  • Voice Control: Yes
  • Works with Google Assistant: Yes
  • Works with Amazon Alexa: Yes
  • Energy Saving Mode: Yes
  • ENERGY STAR Qualified: No
Physical Features:
  • Cabinet Colour: Black
Dimensions With Stand:
  • Width with Stand: 144.53 cm (65") / 167.13 cm (75")
  • Height with Stand: 90.68 cm (65") / 105.16 cm (75")
  • Depth with Stand: 34.8 cm (65") / 40.39 cm (75")
  • Width with Stand (Inches): 56.9 in (65") / 65.8 in (75")
  • Height with Stand (Inches): 35.7 in (65") / 41.4 in (75")
  • Depth with Stand (Inches): 13.7 in (65") / 15.9 in (75")
  • Weight with Stand: 29.8 kg (65") / 36.8 kg (75")
Dimensions Without Stand:
  • Width without Stand: 144.53 cm (65") / 167.13 cm (75")
  • Height without Stand: 83.57 cm (65") / 96.27 cm (75")
  • Depth without Stand: 7.11 cm (65") / 9.14 cm (75")
  • Width without Stand (Inches): 56.9 in (65") / 65.8 in (75")
  • Height without Stand (Inches): 32.9 in (65") / 37.9 in (75")
  • Depth without Stand (Inches): 2.8 in (65") / 3.6 in (75")
  • Weight without Stand: 29 kg (65") / 36 kg (75")
Warranty:
  • Manufacturer's Warranty - Parts: 1 Year
  • Manufacturer's Warranty - Labour: 1 Year
What's Included:
  • Warranty Info
  • Quick Start Guide
  • Power Cord
  • RC280 Remote Control
  • Analog Audio/Video Cable
  • 2 x AAA Remote Control Batteries
2020 TCL 5-series (S535)

TCL 65S535-CA - $799.99 CAD

TCL 75S535-CA - $1499.99 CAD

Gallery:
https://imgur.com/gallery/ZzrDsjS

Overview:
Stay entertained with all your movies, TV shows, and games in cinematic quality with this TCL 5-Series smart TV. Featuring Ultra HD resolution, HDR Pro Pack, QLED, and a 60Hz refresh rate with Natural Motion 240, this television delivers impressive visuals with sharp imagery. It works on the intuitive Roku TV platform so you can stream the content of your choice.

More Information:
  • 4K Ultra HD display with 3840 x 2160 native resolution brings a cinematic experience to your home with breathtaking visuals
  • HDR Pro Pack technology with Dolby Vision optimises every scene with precise details in bright and dark areas to make your movies and games look natural and realistic
  • 60Hz refresh rate along with Natural Motion 240 technology reduces motion blur and ensures you'll never miss a single frame while watching fast-action content like sports or playing intense action games
  • Quantum Dot LED technology delivers superior performance with vibrant and rich colours that take onscreen realism to the next level
  • Intuitive user interface of the Roku TV operating system makes it easy to use and supports a world of content, including a variety of streaming channels and apps (internet connection and app subscriptions required)
  • Wi-Fi and wired internet connectivity provide flexible network connection options
  • Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa compatibility lets you conveniently control the TV with simple voice commands
  • Dual speakers at the bottom featuring Dolby Digital+ technology deliver high-quality immersive sound for your music, movies, and games
  • Four HDMI input ports (including 1 eARC), A/V composite video + L&R audio-in input, optical digital audio output, headphone jack, and USB media port let you connect multiple devices or accessories to the TV
  • Sleek profile and modern design gives a premium and attractive look to your home entertainment system
Details & Specs:

Video:
  • Motion Enhancement Technology: Natural Motion 240
  • Video Modes: Movie; Normal; Vivid; Low Power; Sports; (HDR 3-mode: Dark, Normal, Bright)
Audio:
  • Audio Enhancement: Dolby Digital +
Inputs/Outputs:
  • Voice Control: No
Physical Features:
  • Wall Mount Specification: 400mm x 200mm
Dimensions With Stand:
  • Width with Stand: 144.64 cm (65") / 167 cm (75")
  • Height with Stand: 88.65 cm (65") / 102.5 cm (75")
  • Depth with Stand: 29.54 cm (65") / 41.2 cm (75")
  • Width with Stand (Inches): 56.9 in (65") / 65.7 in (75")
  • Height with Stand (Inches): 34.9 in (65") / 40.4 in (75")
  • Depth with Stand (Inches): 11.6 in (65") / 16.2 in (75")
  • Weight with Stand: 41.9 kg (65") / 66.6 kg (75")
  • Width without Stand: 144.64 cm (65") / 167 cm (75")
  • Height without Stand: 82.5 cm (65") / 95.6 cm (75")
  • Depth without Stand: 7.6 cm (65") / 9.48 cm (75")
  • Width without Stand (Inches): 56.9 in (65") / 65.7 in (75")
  • Height without Stand (Inches): 32.5 in (65") / 37.6 in (75")
  • Depth without Stand (Inches): 3 in (65") / 3.7 in (75")
  • Weight without Stand: 18.8 kg (65") / 30.2 kg (75")
Warranty
What's Included:
  • Warranty Info
  • Quick Start Guide
  • Power Cord
  • RC280 Remote Control

·
Registered
10 Posts
No mention of mini LED's mmmm....
No mention of it, but a TCL representative did say earlier in the year (I think it was at CES) that Mini-LED is coming to the 2020 6-Series.

We also know it has at least some part of HDMI 2.1 (it has eARC), but if it has a full-featured 2.1 port - that's unknown at this time. We also know it'll have VRR, but the specs and specifics of the features we'd like to know about won't be announced until closer to the launch date. Which I assume is in October (15th) via the BB listings.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yes, the 2020 TCL 6-Series does have a Mini-LED backlight. This was confirmed back at CES. Good to see it have a native 120hz panel though. If only it had HDMI 2.1 (unsure whether or not it does). The TCL 5-Series will probably be the best budget set this year now that it has Full Array Local Dimming (if you don't care about it not having a 120hz panel or HDMI 2.1).

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I am absolutely curious as to how many zones this thing is going to have and if they fixed the black crush issue that plagued the 8 series from last year.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am absolutely curious as to how many zones this thing is going to have and if they fixed the black crush issue that plagued the 8 series from last year.
I saw that for the 6-Series, it'll have upwards of 1000 zones (said by a TCL representative at CES). About the crushed blacks...I don't know about that. I noticed that the 8-Series last year did indeed suffer terribly from black crush.

I hope they fix that for the 2020 models.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I saw that for the 6-Series, it'll have upwards of 1000 zones (said by a TCL representative at CES). About the crushed blacks...I don't know about that. I noticed that the 8-Series last year did indeed suffer terribly from black crush.

I hope they fix that for the 2020 models.
FOMO put out a YouTube review of the 8 series where he discovered that the black crush from the 8 series seemed to be from some sort of Wide Angle technology or coating on the panel. When viewing the set on axis, it crushed blacks, but when you went off axis, the picture actually looked correct. Its maddening that these companies are worsening their picture quality just to get a few more degrees of viewing angle. The viewing angles aren't that bad. There's no excuse for a $3000 Sony set to have less contrast than a TCL tv that cost less than 1/3 that price just so they can get better viewing angles.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I think I have seen BB Canada do this before. Specifically show a tv months ahead of release date with incomplete information, then pull the info down until the release date is close. Maybe they are trying to gage interest with some metric. On the main page for TCL tv's it says available online...usually that means in stock for ordering, but obviously not shipping yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
FOMO put out a YouTube review of the 8 series where he discovered that the black crush from the 8 series seemed to be from some sort of Wide Angle technology or coating on the panel. When viewing the set on axis, it crushed blacks, but when you went off axis, the picture actually looked correct. Its maddening that these companies are worsening their picture quality just to get a few more degrees of viewing angle. The viewing angles aren't that bad. There's no excuse for a $3000 Sony set to have less contrast than a TCL tv that cost less than 1/3 that price just so they can get better viewing angles.
Thanks, I'll have to watch that FOMO video when I get the chance. And I agree that on much more expensive TVs (such as higher end Sony ones) they should have better contrast than on TVs like this TCL.

Currently, I own an X930E (65") that I'm going to replace with this 2020 TCL 6-Series, as long as it'll be an overall upgrade. Love the HDR and PQ on my current TV as is, but I need eARC and strongly desire VRR since I do a lot of gaming. Really want at least one full HDMI 2.1 port as well or I may pass on this one and wait for next year.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I knew I should have waited. I didn’t think they would have been 120hz panels with eARC. We buyers of the R625 from last year are kicking ourselves now. Lol

·
Registered
624 Posts
Thanks, I'll have to watch that FOMO video when I get the chance. And I agree that on much more expensive TVs (such as higher end Sony ones) they should have better contrast than on TVs like this TCL.

Currently, I own an X930E (65") that I'm going to replace with this 2020 TCL 6-Series, as long as it'll be an overall upgrade. Love the HDR and PQ on my current TV as is, but I need eARC and strongly desire VRR since I do a lot of gaming. Really want at least one full HDMI 2.1 port as well or I may pass on this one and wait for next year.
They are Ca prices they will probably be cheaper here in the US.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Also the earliest delivery date in Ca isn’️t till December folks. I don’️t think this tv is out yet. Also it looks like the 535 of the 5 series is only 60hz and the 636 of the 6 series are 120hz panels. People need to be aware of that if these specs are correct.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm in Canada. ;)

As for the delivery dates, they seem to be all over the place lol. I've looked again and now there's an October 8th availability, but I'm just sticking with the one I've got (Oct 15). But this is in Ontario, Canada. If you're in the US the delivery dates for the first batch of these may be sooner or later.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I'm in Canada. /forum/images/smilies/wink.gif

As for the delivery dates, they seem to be all over the place lol. I've looked again and now there's an October 8th availability, but I'm just sticking with the one I've got (Oct 15). But this is in Ontario, Canada. If you're in the US the delivery dates for the first batch of these may be sooner or later.
Yeah it’s just weird with the delivery dates. Since I am in the US I just told the site not to locate me and gave me some town in Ontario and the delivery date was in Dec. Odd. Lol Also AVS needs to fix there site.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I haven't seen this tv the new 6 series neither on Best Buy Canada. Nor the US. Where can you order one???

·
Registered
186 Posts
No 55” and Mini LEDs? Ouch!
edit: i thought it was a new thread lol. It’s still not out yet which means the listing might be bogus.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I knew I should have waited. I didn’t think they would have been 120hz panels with eARC. We buyers of the R625 from last year are kicking ourselves now. Lol
Yeah that’s me right now. I’m severely salty. I find motion to be problematic on my 55r625.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seems that TCL has quietly released their new 2020 6-series (R635) and 5-series (S535) models in Canada via BestBuy.ca. So far only the 65" and 75" in both series are listed. No info is available about these models on the TCL USA or Canada sites so here is what has been posted on Best Buy Canada about them.

2020 TCL 6-series (R635)

TCL 65R635-CA - $1299.99 CAD

TCL 75R635-CA - $1999.99 CAD

Overview:
Stay entertained with all your movies, TV shows, and games in cinematic quality with this TCL 6-Series smart TV. Featuring Ultra HD resolution, HDR Pro Pack, QLED, and a 120Hz refresh rate with Natural Motion 480, this television delivers impressive visuals with sharp imagery. It works on the intuitive Roku TV platform so you can stream the content of your choice.

More Information:

• 120Hz refresh rate along with Natural Motion 480 technology reduces motion blur and ensures you'll never miss a single frame while watching fast-action content like sports or playing intense action games
    • Dual speakers at the bottom featuring Dolby Atmos/Dolby Digital+ technologies deliver high-quality immersive sound for your music, movies, and games
Details & Specs:

Video:

• Motion Enhancement Technology: Natural Motion 480
Audio:

• Audio Enhancement: Dolby Atmos / Dolby Digital +
Inputs/Outputs:

• Voice Control: Yes
Physical Features:

Dimensions With Stand:

• Width with Stand: 144.53 cm (65") / 167.13 cm (75")
    • Height with Stand: 90.68 cm (65") / 105.16 cm (75")
    • Depth with Stand: 34.8 cm (65") / 40.39 cm (75")
    • Width with Stand (Inches): 56.9 in (65") / 65.8 in (75")
    • Height with Stand (Inches): 35.7 in (65") / 41.4 in (75")
    • Depth with Stand (Inches): 13.7 in (65") / 15.9 in (75")
    • Weight with Stand: 29.8 kg (65") / 36.8 kg (75")

• Width without Stand: 144.53 cm (65") / 167.13 cm (75")
    • Height without Stand: 83.57 cm (65") / 96.27 cm (75")
    • Depth without Stand: 7.11 cm (65") / 9.14 cm (75")
    • Width without Stand (Inches): 56.9 in (65") / 65.8 in (75")
    • Height without Stand (Inches): 32.9 in (65") / 37.9 in (75")
    • Depth without Stand (Inches): 2.8 in (65") / 3.6 in (75")
    • Weight without Stand: 29 kg (65") / 36 kg (75")
Warranty:

What's Included:

• Warranty Info
    • Quick Start Guide
    • Power Cord
    • RC280 Remote Control
2020 TCL 5-series (S535)

TCL 65S535-CA - $799.99 CAD

TCL 75S535-CA - $1499.99 CAD

Gallery:

Overview:
Stay entertained with all your movies, TV shows, and games in cinematic quality with this TCL 5-Series smart TV. Featuring Ultra HD resolution, HDR Pro Pack, QLED, and a 60Hz refresh rate with Natural Motion 240, this television delivers impressive visuals with sharp imagery. It works on the intuitive Roku TV platform so you can stream the content of your choice.

More Information:

• 60Hz refresh rate along with Natural Motion 240 technology reduces motion blur and ensures you'll never miss a single frame while watching fast-action content like sports or playing intense action games
    • Dual speakers at the bottom featuring Dolby Digital+ technology deliver high-quality immersive sound for your music, movies, and games
Details & Specs:

Video:

• Motion Enhancement Technology: Natural Motion 240
Audio:

• Audio Enhancement: Dolby Digital +
Inputs/Outputs:

• Voice Control: No
Physical Features:

• Wall Mount Specification: 400mm x 200mm
Dimensions With Stand:

• Width with Stand: 144.64 cm (65") / 167 cm (75")
    • Height with Stand: 88.65 cm (65") / 102.5 cm (75")
    • Depth with Stand: 29.54 cm (65") / 41.2 cm (75")
    • Width with Stand (Inches): 56.9 in (65") / 65.7 in (75")
    • Height with Stand (Inches): 34.9 in (65") / 40.4 in (75")
    • Depth with Stand (Inches): 11.6 in (65") / 16.2 in (75")
    • Weight with Stand: 41.9 kg (65") / 66.6 kg (75")

• Width without Stand: 144.64 cm (65") / 167 cm (75")
    • Height without Stand: 82.5 cm (65") / 95.6 cm (75")
    • Depth without Stand: 7.6 cm (65") / 9.48 cm (75")
    • Width without Stand (Inches): 56.9 in (65") / 65.7 in (75")
    • Height without Stand (Inches): 32.5 in (65") / 37.6 in (75")
    • Depth without Stand (Inches): 3 in (65") / 3.7 in (75")
    • Weight without Stand: 18.8 kg (65") / 30.2 kg (75")
Warranty

What's Included:

• Warranty Info
    • Quick Start Guide
    • Power Cord
    • RC280 Remote Control
I haven't seen the 2020 6 series anywhere for sale. Can you help me with this search. Thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts