AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 951 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welcome to the 2020 TCL 6 Series owner's thread, where you can have discussions and talks about this new TV all you want in this thread. This year's TCL 6 series is almost like the 2019 8 series, but with some cool new features. Here are some official confirmed details & specs on this new TV:

-Dolby Vision, HDR10, and HLG supported. No HDR10+ on this one, but some may not find it a big deal due to scarce content for it.
-QLED and MiniLED technologies combined (just like the 8 series from last year)
-THX Certified Game Mode with VRR and ALLM support, VRR range from 48-120hz, no it does not support Freesync nor G-Sync
-Roku as a Smart TV OS (as expected from TCL North America)
-HDMI 2.0 standard with eARC and the other aforementioned two HDMI 2.1 features on it. No [email protected] because of this.
-Native 120hz panel
-128 dimming zones for 55 inch, 160 dimming zones for 65 inch, 240 dimming zones for 75 inch

Expect this TV to be available for purchase by at least the end of the month or early September, as it already went live on Best Buy and Amazon (even better I see that it's already available for purchase on there!)
Will be available in 55, 65, and 75 inch sizes for (only time I will ever bring up price around here) $649.99, $899.99, and $1,399.99 respectively. Happy shopping and most of all have fun with the new TCL 6 series whenever you get your hands on the TV!

·
Registered
199 Posts
feeling better about my 8 series purchase a few day ago now if only we

It's funny though they still haven't announced it on their Twitter page yet. Also where is the firmware update for 2019 TCL TV's. We were supposed to get e/ARC and VRR part of the 2.1 update. Ugh still nothing.
i believe they were waiting for the new sets to be announce hopefully update will come around the launch. someone asked them on twitter a few days ago about vrr update and they said "Only the magic ball can disclose that information" so maybe soon?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Welcome to the 2020 TCL 6 Series owner's thread, where you can have discussions and talks about this new TV all you want in this thread. This year's TCL 6 series is almost like the 2019 8 series, but with some cool new features. Here are some official confirmed details & specs on this new TV:

-Dolby Vision, HDR10, and HLG support (HDR10+ support unknown for now whether this TV has it or not)
-QLED and MiniLED technologies combined (just like the 8 series from last year)
-THX Certified Game Mode with VRR and ALLM support
-Roku as a Smart TV OS (as expected from TCL North America)
-HDMI 2.1 standard
-eARC support, so yes hopefully lossless audio including Dolby TrueHD Atmos and DTS:X Master Audio should work without a problem.
-Native 120hz panel

Expect this TV to be available for purchase by at least the end of the month or early September, as it already went live on Best Buy and Amazon (even better I see that it's already available for purchase on there!)
Will be available in 55, 65, and 75 inch sizes for (only time I will ever bring up price around here) $649.99, $899.99, and $1,399.99 respectively. Happy shopping and most of all have fun with the new TCL 6 series whenever you get your hands on the TV!
Native 120 hz panel with hdmi 2.1? Guess I don't need to look at the 8 series anymore...

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
698 Posts
feeling better about my 8 series purchase a few day ago now if only we

i believe they were waiting for the new sets to be announce hopefully update will come around the launch. someone asked them on twitter a few days ago about vrr update and they said "Only the magic ball can disclose that information" so maybe soon?
Yeah that was me lol. I know the CO I'D delayed things but they could say something about it. Lol

·
Registered
698 Posts
Native 120 hz panel with hdmi 2.1? Guess I don't need to look at the 8 series anymore...

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
What the 8 series of the 2019 models or the 2020 models?. The 8 series 2020 models will be better then 2020 6 series and 2019 8 series.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Watch FOMOs video, this TV doesnt have HDMI 2.1
It sounds like it has some features from the HDMI 2.1 specification though, VRR, etc. In the HDTVTest video. he says in the video that 'he thinks' that it doesn't have a 40/48Gbps HDMI port. He doesn't have one in his posession yet, so cannot definitively comment on it. It would seem really odd for TCL to release a TV with THX Game mode, and VRR, which requires 120fps and not have it be able to run 4K/120p.

EDIT: I just watched the FOMO video too. I see he mentioned 1440/120p.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Has there been any word on an 85" TCL?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fixed the description at the top. Realized the HDMI standard is 2.0 and because of it expect 120fps support only at 1080p or 1440p resolutions. And also no HDR10+ support neither which may not be that big of a deal to some people due to content for it being quite limited.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Best Buy has HDMI 2.1 listed in the specs.
eARC, VRR and ALLM are HDMI 2.1 functions which are possible with a 18GBps HDMI 2.0b Port.
Just watch the linked videos - Vincent said that is doesnt have a 40Gbps/48Gbps Port (which is the required bandwith for 4K 120hz HDR)

Even without 2.1 this is a very interesting TV so im excited for reviews. Maybe Samsung will use these panels in their 2021 TVs.

1 - 20 of 951 Posts