AVS Forum banner

121 - 140 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Does anyone have first hand experience with the Sony X900H 65"? I think I'm going to return this Vizio and get the Sony. My last TV was a Sony and I shouldn't have jumped ship, I loved it.
I have a 900E along a 17 p series(retired), 19 pqx & 20 pq Vizios & overall have always preferred the Vizio. I would say that only thing I like on the Sony is better upscaling and compared to my old 17 p series it lasted longer, was brighter though at the expense of contrast

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have a new Vizio P75 series TV and Onkyo TX-n969 receiver and new hdmi cable. The initial setup screen on the tv shows snow and I’m looking for suggestions. I verified the cable and tv were working by plugging in an old Sony blue ray player in and picture was fine. Didn’t go any further. So swapped out the receiver last night at Best Buy.
  • plugged the new receiver in...same behavior. Surprised.
  • Took new receiver to old vizio tv — old tv and old cable. Worked
  • Plugged new receiver and old cable into a different hdmi port on the new tv. Snow

any suggestion. Almost seems like these guys cannot sync or is assuming a wrong codec or something.
BTW i searched for an owners thread for this TV and just cannot seem to determine if one exists else i'd post there.

·
Super Moderator
18,205 Posts
BTW i searched for an owners thread for this TV and just cannot seem to determine if one exists else i'd post there.
Probably because you were searching in the OLED section where you posted this. I've moved you to the Owner's Thread. PM me with any comments or questions as I won't see them here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Probably because you were searching in the OLED section where you posted this. I've moved you to the Owner's Thread. PM me with any comments or questions as I won't see them here.
Thanks so much..

·
Registered
308 Posts
Have a new Vizio P75 series TV and Onkyo TX-n969 receiver and new hdmi cable. The initial setup screen on the tv shows snow and I’m looking for suggestions. I verified the cable and tv were working by plugging in an old Sony blue ray player in and picture was fine. Didn’t go any further. So swapped out the receiver last night at Best Buy.
  • plugged the new receiver in...same behavior. Surprised.
  • Took new receiver to old vizio tv — old tv and old cable. Worked
  • Plugged new receiver and old cable into a different hdmi port on the new tv. Snow

any suggestion. Almost seems like these guys cannot sync or is assuming a wrong codec or something.
I have snow with my tx-nr777 on input 1 arc. The only way to fix it was to force HDMI 1.4 instead of 2.1, which limits to 4k30hz. This seems to be a new glitch that was introduced with a recent firmware.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I currently own the Vizio P75Q9-H1 and have the new Xbox Series X connected to it's HDMI #4 port and while playing COD Black Ops II, I get a red line on the far left edge of the screen. This red line doesn't appear all of the time, just at certain times. Is this something normal or is it an issue with the panel?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have snow with my tx-nr777 on input 1 arc. The only way to fix it was to force HDMI 1.4 instead of 2.1, which limits to 4k30hz. This seems to be a new glitch that was introduced with a recent firmware.
Thanks all. That got me through the setup on the receiver.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The top was the first TV I received from Costco last week. I asked them to exchange it, and the bottom is the second one. I don't know if I am imagining things, as I haven't actually sat down to watch it, but something else about it just seems much better, I found it odd there was a handprint on the top right of the first screen too, but it looks like it came from the factory, it was pretty well sealed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is what I got as a replacement as well but for my 17 p series which was great. I have not used it so I can’t speak on that matter but what could fix any bug issues is usually a factory reset. I would try that and see if it refresh that bug you are experiencing. I do currently use a 19 PQX and do not have that issue.
Hmmm, factory reset didn't fix it for me. Guess I'll have to wait for the next firmware update.

Once you have set up your PQ2020, could you try the Flat Test Pattern on Medium local dimming on say Vivid and try percentages 20-40%? (After updating to most recent firmware of course). That would be greatly appreciated.

I did some further tests. This one LED overdims as I showed in my previous pic, but I also found out it overbrightens if there is a bright object on it. Very strange. It's as if the local dimming algorithm is too strong on this one LED. With local dimming off, no issues whatsoever.

Really hoping it's a software issue as the panel is great otherwise, and since it was already a swap for a warranty claim I really don't want to deal with another swap for a hardware issue.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Two basic/newbie questions for you
1) how can I tell if the tv is rendering UHD for a 4K movie? Or is there anyway to tell what resolution/refresh rate the tv is operating in when operating

2) if my 7.1 receiver is connected to hdmi 1 (arc return) and because hdmi 1 has issues with UHD...if I plug my UHD player into another port on the tv (hdmi 2) will the 7.2 audio flow through the tv back to the receiver through the ARC return channel? Or does the DVD player have to be connected to the receiver - I would think so.

·
Registered
5 Posts
1) how can I tell if the tv is rendering UHD for a 4K movie? Or is there anyway to tell what resolution/refresh rate the tv is operating in when operating

2) if my 7.1 receiver is connected to hdmi 1 (arc return) and because hdmi 1 has issues with UHD...if I plug my UHD player into another port on the tv (hdmi 2) will the 7.2 audio flow through the tv back to the receiver through the ARC return channel? Or does the DVD player have to be connected to the receiver - I would think so.

Connect your UHD player to your receiver, that will be the best/easiest way. You can connect the player to the TV and then it "should" send the audio back to the receiver via arc/earc (port 1). When connecting player to TV first, that could cause more issues/hassle. Connecting the player to the receiver only works if you have a 4K receiver. Which I'm sure your have a 4k receiver, just wanted to make sure.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Connect your UHD player to your receiver, that will be the best/easiest way. You can connect the player to the TV and then it "should" send the audio back to the receiver via arc/earc (port 1). When connecting player to TV first, that could cause more issues/hassle. Connecting the player to the receiver only works if you have a 4K receiver. Which I'm sure your have a 4k receiver, just wanted to make sure.
i have done what you said but there are many folks having issues running UHD through hdmi port 1 which is what the receiver has to use.

so is there an easy way to determine if the receiver and tv have negotiated quality wise?

·
Registered
308 Posts
i have done what you said but there are many folks having issues running UHD through hdmi port 1 which is what the receiver has to use.

so is there an easy way to determine if the receiver and tv have negotiated quality wise?
It seems the last firmware update broke the ability for many Onkyo/Pioneer receivers to run through the TV using HDMI 2.0. The TV is set to auto for HDMI 2.1/1.4, and you need to force HDMI 1.4 for it to pass a video signal right now, but then you are limited to 4k 30hz, possibly without HDR. I, therefore, am running all my devices straight into the TV, with ARC being used in HDMI 1 for the sole purpose of returning audio. The weird issue I saw was setting the TV to EARC would pass ATMOS from the built-in Netflix app, and setting the tv to ARC would not, but my receiver does not support EARC (Onkyo TX-NR777).

·
Registered
23 Posts
It seems the last firmware update broke the ability for many Onkyo/Pioneer receivers to run through the TV using HDMI 2.0. The TV is set to auto for HDMI 2.1/1.4, and you need to force HDMI 1.4 for it to pass a video signal right now, but then you are limited to 4k 30hz, possibly without HDR. I, therefore, am running all my devices straight into the TV, with ARC being used in HDMI 1 for the sole purpose of returning audio. The weird issue I saw was setting the TV to EARC would pass ATMOS from the built-in Netflix app, and setting the tv to ARC would not, but my receiver does not support EARC (Onkyo TX-NR777).
How do you hear the audio return from ARC from a different source other than HDMI 1? I did exactly like you state with all HDMIs going directly to the TV but once I choose another input besides HDMI 1 I get no audio. I had to hookup optical

·
Registered
308 Posts
The Rtings review says "
JUDDER SETTINGS
The P Series Quantum 2020 can only remove judder from true 24p sources and native apps. To do so, enable Film Mode.
"

I was watching Toy Story on Disney Plus on the native app and the Native app said it was running 24fps. The credits had horrible judder (and I feel the rest of the movie had it too), and I had it set to film mode with reduce judder and reduce motion blur to off/0. The only way to remove the judder was to put motion blur reduction to something high like 9, and I think I saw lots of Soap Opera effect which I definitely don't want. Has anyone determined the current best way to remove judder in built in apps or external sources set to 23.976/24fps? As far as I remember, my 2017 p55-e1 did fine with Judder on 24fps sources.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The Rtings review says "
JUDDER SETTINGS
The P Series Quantum 2020 can only remove judder from true 24p sources and native apps. To do so, enable Film Mode.
"

I was watching Toy Story on Disney Plus on the native app and the Native app said it was running 24fps. The credits had horrible judder (and I feel the rest of the movie had it too), and I had it set to film mode with reduce judder and reduce motion blur to off/0. The only way to remove the judder was to put motion blur reduction to something high like 9, and I think I saw lots of Soap Opera effect which I definitely don't want. Has anyone determined the current best way to remove judder in built in apps or external sources set to 23.976/24fps? As far as I remember, my 2017 p55-e1 did fine with Judder on 24fps sources.
My only app thats runs flawless is Disney+. Any other source I see judder. I had to change my firestick to 50hz(fps). At 60hz it is unwatchable. It is like watching a slow computer on youtube. This TV is going back. I have ordered a Sony X900H and am waiting arrival

·
Registered
380 Posts

I have been searching for the answer to question # 1. I just received my P65Q9 and am in the process of setting it up. When I play a video for testing, I always use the "info" button to see what the frame rate and resolution is. This TV does not show that information that I can see.
Is there a way to "see" the frame rate?? I want to know if it switches from 60 fps to 24fps, etc.......
Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sometimes sources just go black. I can hear the sound, but the screen goes black. Only fix seems to be unplugging and re-inserting the HDMI cable. Anybody else experience this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sometimes sources just go black. I can hear the sound, but the screen goes black. Only fix seems to be unplugging and re-inserting the HDMI cable. Anybody else experience this?
Yes, That always happens to me when I have 120hz mode enabled on my Xbox Series X. For now I'm just running with the 60hz setting and do not see the problem.

121 - 140 of 165 Posts