AVS Forum banner

141 - 160 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
How do you fix the issue of "Local Contrast" being greyed out when HDR is enabled?

Edit: I found it. I disabled gaming "Low Latency" mode, changed "Local Contrast" to off, then turned gaming "Low Latency" back on. The "Local Contrast" stayed where I changed it. What a bizarre issue.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anyone else having major issues with this set? Smartcast stopped working last night, just shows a black screen. Then my volume got stuck at level 8 stayed on screen and wouldnt go up or down. Then when I shut the TV off it will now not come back on

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
front view:
hockey.jpg

side view:
0102211427a.jpg

Question for owners of Quantum X - I recently bought a p75q9 (non-x) version and it has very noticeable vertical bands of non-uniformity during panning of solid color scenes from backlight (poor uniformity) - even visible in some scenes with no panning. Backlight pattern looks like this: <|||||||||> (see above) - Does the Quantum X line dramatically improve upon this from the Quantum line? Otherwise I'm very satisfied with the p75q9 in every other aspect (pretty much perfect otherwise), so really the only thing I am concerned about is how much the Quantum X improves greyscale uniformity from regular Quantum line.

Big problem is that the prices now are terrible so I'd likely have to return the TV for a refund and wait for the next big sale, so it would be a big hassle; it would be easier to simply get a replacement p75q9 but looking around now I'm seeing other complaints of panel uniformity issues with this model so that would probably be a waste of time. On the other hand not sure I felt I got my money's worth on the model I bought as the uniformity issues are very distracting for me during normal content so I likely won't keep it. OLED not really an option as the TV is on all day, often on the same couple of channels that have static logos/etc. Ideally I'd like to return this model for the Quantum X and pay the normal price difference ($300) but that likely won't be an option for me since I bought from Amazon and they don't even have the Quantum X in stock, so I may have to return for refund.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have been searching for the answer to question # 1. I just received my P65Q9 and am in the process of setting it up. When I play a video for testing, I always use the "info" button to see what the frame rate and resolution is. This TV does not show that information that I can see.
Is there a way to "see" the frame rate?? I want to know if it switches from 60 fps to 24fps, etc.......
Thanks.
You have to hit the menu button on your remote then go into settings and it breaks everything down for you there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
PSA for anybody else this was driving crazy besides me - I have this TV and a PS5. My main game is COD Cold War. It was driving me INSANE that the colors, specifically the blacks and whites, didn't quite seem right. Nothing seemed like a true black, and overall everything seemed grey and dingy.

So... I booted up the PS4 version of the game on the same console. The blacks were true, the greys looks great. It's the damn game. COD Cold War PS5 is broken in some way. The TV is fine. I felt like a crazy person, but it's the damn game.

·
Registered
794 Posts
PSA for anybody else this was driving crazy besides me - I have this TV and a PS5. My main game is COD Cold War. It was driving me INSANE that the colors, specifically the blacks and whites, didn't quite seem right. Nothing seemed like a true black, and overall everything seemed grey and dingy.

So... I booted up the PS4 version of the game on the same console. The blacks were true, the greys looks great. It's the damn game. COD Cold War PS5 is broken in some way. The TV is fine. I felt like a crazy person, but it's the damn game.
This is why I always do some digging because it is easy to blame the tv or something that most people perceive is the problem (Vizio) when it is not always on them.

·
Registered
25 Posts

So over in the X900H forums someone was having a similar issue yesterday with an XBOX. They said when the game was loaded it would show HDR but the colors were terrible. By backing out and changing frame rate it would come out of HDR(on tv, not console) but look like HDR.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’m still learning about this set and so far am happy with its performance

question on Dolby Vision support. When I bring up a YouTube video claimingin the title to support Dolby Vision the TV “info button” says 2160p HDR10. Shouldnt this day Dolby Vision? Do I need to enable this?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’m still learning about this set and so far am happy with its performance

question on Dolby Vision support. When I bring up a YouTube video claimingin the title to support Dolby Vision the TV “info button” says 2160p HDR10. Shouldnt this day Dolby Vision? Do I need to enable this?
YouTube can only do HDR10. No plus or Dolby vision

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
front view:
View attachment 3074051

side view:
View attachment 3074054

Question for owners of Quantum X - I recently bought a p75q9 (non-x) version and it has very noticeable vertical bands of non-uniformity during panning of solid color scenes from backlight (poor uniformity) - even visible in some scenes with no panning. Backlight pattern looks like this: <|||||||||> (see above) - Does the Quantum X line dramatically improve upon this from the Quantum line? Otherwise I'm very satisfied with the p75q9 in every other aspect (pretty much perfect otherwise), so really the only thing I am concerned about is how much the Quantum X improves greyscale uniformity from regular Quantum line.

Big problem is that the prices now are terrible so I'd likely have to return the TV for a refund and wait for the next big sale, so it would be a big hassle; it would be easier to simply get a replacement p75q9 but looking around now I'm seeing other complaints of panel uniformity issues with this model so that would probably be a waste of time. On the other hand not sure I felt I got my money's worth on the model I bought as the uniformity issues are very distracting for me during normal content so I likely won't keep it. OLED not really an option as the TV is on all day, often on the same couple of channels that have static logos/etc. Ideally I'd like to return this model for the Quantum X and pay the normal price difference ($300) but that likely won't be an option for me since I bought from Amazon and they don't even have the Quantum X in stock, so I may have to return for refund.
Your pictures don't really show the uniformity. Best instead take a solid background like green. But what you describe is something common with lcd TVs, there's a degree of luck how good or bad it can be. Certainly as you spend more money your chances go up but you can still get unlucky with the X. My advice is to return it if it's distracting because you will never unsee it.

Also, you may already know but never view this TV off axis. If you do screen uniformity will be worse. This has a very narrow viewing angle.

·
Registered
62 Posts
front view:
View attachment 3074051

side view:
View attachment 3074054

Those vertical bands were present on all three TVs of this model I went through during my warranty process with Vizio. The first one I got (ordered on release day) had them but they were quite faint. Over time they got worse and worse, to the point where any static color content was horrible looking. My breaking point was watching an episode of the Mandolorian and during a panning shot of a desert planet my wife said "wow that looks horrible". Contacted Vizio and they sent a replacement. Replacement had slightly better vertical bands, but much much worse DSE. immediately contacted Vizio, they sent another one. Rinse repeat, except this one also would only turn on if I unplugged it and plugged it back in. Instead of getting a fourth TV that I knew would be a problem, Vizio is refunding me the price of the TV.

I'm bummed because this TV has sooooo much potential, but the buggy firmware and the terrible uniformity really hinder that. I'm glad that it's out of my house and don't plan on ever buying another Vizio TV.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Anyone got this yet or know how to force it onto our sets?
I don't have an answer to your question. I'd like to know if it's possible as well, when I go to the firmware page there isn't a download option.

just wanted to say thanks for the post, the discrete IR codes should fix the harmony issues with the set.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Not much discussion in the thread. New update solved 120hz VRR 4k on Xbox One X. Also solved 4K 120HZ on PS5. Also solved HDMI handshaking with my HDMI 2.0 Onkyo receiver. Judder is still bad on film mode with native apps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Getting my RTX3000 series card in 4-5 days and I hope by then my TV pulls down the update. Been reading the RTX3000 cards are now working at 4k 120 with VRR.

·
Registered
120 Posts

Vizio has released a major firmware update for its 2020/21 OLED and P-Series TVs with fixes for HDMI 2.1 4K120, 4K60, VRR, and HDR issues together with PS5, Xbox, and Nvidia cards.

Vizio's HDMI 2.1 update
If you own one of Vizio's 2021 high-end TVs (formerly known as Vizio's 2020 TVs) connected to a PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X or the Nvidia RTX-3080, you should check if there is a new firmware available for their TV.

The company's latest firmware includes a list of fixes and improvements related to HDMI 2.1, specifically 4K120, 4K60, VRR, and HDR:

·
Registered
308 Posts
New Update supports 4K/120 from PS5 and Xbox

I know this has already leaked here on the forum, but I wanted to make it official. VIZIO has a number of improvements that we’re very excited to share in our latest update, (version: 5.10.15.11-1). Please see notes near the bottom of this post about how and when the update will be available.
For starters, we’ve made significant improvements to our gaming support.
· Sony PS5: improved [email protected] support: Enables full bandwidth [email protected] support on Playstation 5.
· Sony PS5: Enhanced [email protected] RGB FRL(Fixed Rate Link) with HDR Support: Improvements to HDMI 2.1 for [email protected] resolution gaming.
· Added support for Nvidia PCs at [email protected]: Higher framerate support for Gaming PCs with Nvidia graphics cards connected to VIZIO TVs
· Updated support for HDMI Forum VRR: Variable Refresh Rate support for [email protected] for Gaming PCs with Nvidia graphics cards. Just enable G-sync.
· Improved support for [email protected] VRR on Xbox Series X and Nvidia RTX-3080: Enhanced Variable Refresh Rate performance at higher framerates for Xbox Series X and the latest Nvidia Graphics cards. [For those who have had issues with this, please be sure to use the Certified HDMI 2.1 cable that came with the Xbox Series X, and change the TV's HDMI Mode to 2.1. If you continue to have issues, please contact our customer service.]
· Enhanced performance for 1080p/4K @ 120fps: Smoother gameplay at higher framerates at both 1080p and 4K resolutions.
For those that may have read incorrect information elsewhere, know that your VIZIO 2020-2021 Series P-Series and OLED TVs have always supported 48Gbps (for 4K/120Hz) on 2 of the 4 HDMI inputs. We have updated our EDID so that a readout of it will say as much.
We’ve added Discrete IR Codes for customers and custom installers using control systems and who want to be able to directly access their VIZIO TV’s inputs, features and power functions. We’ve also improved eARC support for AV receivers to make it easier to enjoy high-quality Dolby Atmos immersive audio.
We’ve made additional improvements to the OLED screen saver timing and interactions with PCs.
We have been rolling out the update to small groups over the last few days and will continue to rollout to larger and larger groups through early next week. The update will be available on our support site after the network rollout is complete. If connected to the Internet, your TV will update automatically. To see if you have the new firmware, you can go to the Menu and select Admin & Privacy, then select System Information. You can manually check to see if the update is available for you from the Admin & Reset menu by selecting the “Check for Updates” function.
We will continue to provide additional updates and comments. If you have an issues, you can always reach out to our customer service team at 1 (855) 833-3221
Sincerely,
Mike Wood
Director, Product Management, VIZIO

141 - 160 of 169 Posts