AVS Forum banner

661 - 680 of 687 Posts

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
RTings measured HDR Real Scene Peak Brightness:

1236 cd/m²
Wow.

Please get the bugs fixed on this thing, Vizio. HDR is the most important thing to come out on TVs in the past 15 years and this thing does it better than anything else even close to it's price range. It makes something like the Sony X900H look like a weakly flickering candle with it's sad 556 cd/m² HDR brightness. Insanity.
Is that at a 10% window?

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Samsung must hate Sony for some reason.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Is that at a 10% window?
Real Scene Brightness is a separate measurement from a 10% window. It's based on what Rtngs considers to be a typical representative scene that one would see in real world content. The scene is arbitrarily selected but they disclose that upfront.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Real Scene Brightness is a separate measurement from a 10% window. It's based on what Rtngs considers to be a typical representative scene that one would see in real world content. The scene is arbitrarily selected but they disclose that upfront.
So what are they saying? Are they saying a real scene brightness of 1236 cd/m² is like viewing real life brightness? Less than real life brightness or more than real life brightness? All within a 10% window of course.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
So what are they saying? Are they saying a real scene brightness of 1236 cd/m² is like viewing real life brightness? Less than real life brightness or more than real life brightness? All within a 10% window of course.
They are saying the representative scene that they use to test all TVs, has a brightness of 1236 nits

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is it possible that the 85inch could review significantly different the the 65 and 75 variants? I'm getting tired of waiting for the 85 inch which I thought would have checked all my boxes but if the 65 / 75 are going to review average or poorly would the panel be all the much different in the 85? Does anybody have an idea if the 85 is getting more FALD zones vs the 65/75 to at least match FALD / screen size density of the smaller screens?

·
Registered
669 Posts
it's not even possible due to corona.... Vizio blew their chance with me!!! I'm Done!!! They forced me to pick up an 85 inch x850g used model on the cheap and I have to pray there is nothing wrong with it, and that it doesn't come damaged in shipping... DANG YOU VIZIO!!! Dang YOU....

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Is it possible that the 85inch could review significantly different the the 65 and 75 variants? I'm getting tired of waiting for the 85 inch which I thought would have checked all my boxes but if the 65 / 75 are going to review average or poorly would the panel be all the much different in the 85? Does anybody have an idea if the 85 is getting more FALD zones vs the 65/75 to at least match FALD / screen size density of the smaller screens?
Its size that gets 792 dimming zones, this number is in the thread title.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts
I guarantee a higher score before the end of the year.

I let Rtings know in a discussion post that TV scores should be lowered when advertised features have bugs and effect picture quality. It's like they just give them a pass because the features are supposedly there. Plus their unit was defective. It has a reddish screen smh. No way any of us would keep that TV.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Larger screens tend to have more uniformity issues

·
Registered
860 Posts
Besides the bugs, this Tv has a 120hz PWM Dimming Frequency at anything below 100% brightness and it's so bright that it would be rare to not turn down the backlight. It's like having BFI turned on all the time. New processor but the 720P scaling is still below other budget brands. Really? After years of being called on it? Most native content will be 720P or 1080I from cable companies etc. Both will be affected and you certainly wouldn't expect a cable box to scale better than a somewhat premium set.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Besides the bugs, this Tv has a 120hz PWM Dimming Frequency at anything below 100% brightness and it's so bright that it would be rare to not turn down the backlight. It's like having BFI turned on all the time. New processor but the 720P scaling is still below other budget brands. Really? After years of being called on it? Most native content will be 720P or 1080I from cable companies etc. Both will be affected and you certainly wouldn't expect a cable box to scale better than a somewhat premium set.
Vizio has to get accustomed to the new chip, this isn't Sony, Samsung or LG who can put more money in to R&D. These three larger companies also have fabrication capabilities. Vizio is just as much a consumer as the people who buy their T.Vs.

But, Vizio engineering stick with it and learn as well produce better code over time, and my 2016 P55 C-1 has shown the fruits of that labor. Even motion is a lot better with the use of Clear Action and Reduce Judder set to 2, its buttery smooth without any sign of the dredded soap opera effect.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Why are these tvs still so hard to find? Not many retailers have them listed on their websites and still no sniff of the 85 inch.
Always the issue with Vizio. Every year this is the same thing. I don't know why but yeah, they are hard to find at times or at all.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
661 - 680 of 687 Posts