AVS Forum banner

3241 - 3260 of 3341 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I got rid of the pink screen by changing the HDR settings on the fire tv stick but the receiver is still cutting the picture out to a black screen every 15 minutes, and then it comes back. This is ridiculous, I have Zeskit cables and everything. There's obviously some handshake issue going on here
I’ve had good luck with the 8K HDMI cables from monoprice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also, if I turn off the Yamaha while the TV is on, the next time I turn on the TV the Yamaha no longer turns on automatically. This also happens since 1.31 firmware update... Great work, Yamaha!
I just bought a tsr 700 and it won’t turn on with the tv either for me
My soundbar turned on perfectly fine but this doesbt
Maybe I shouldn’t have done the update outta the box

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's funny to read in the 1.31 firmware changelog about ARC stability improvements... Yamaha, please revert this to the functionality of the 1.26 firmware, it worked flawlessly for me.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Then you have long term developer support and app priority. TV’s apps will be deprecated long before any of the same on the ATV. tvOS is first class for app development priority.
Basically that's the big reason. When the new model of tv comes out, LG is less likely to continue supporting your tv and the apps will get dated. Sure they may continue to work, depending on the service, but others may decide your app is outdated and stop working. And then it's iffy if LG will have an updated version that works, since they'd be supporting newer TVs.

Apps on TVs and disc players are generally the worst supported - manufacturers are just too quick to drop support. The best app support happens on streaming boxes like AppleTV and roku, and game consoles.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well, the Apple TV app performs much better on the Apple TV 4K than on LG WebOS for one.
In what way? Both offer 4k/Dolby Vision/Dolby Atmos. Doing a google search it sure seems like its the same between both devices (some people say colors seem better on webOS (Apple 4k TV dolby vision has slightly crushed blacks, webOS doesnt), some say subtitles are better on apple 4k, but any comparison seems to be into that super minor stuff). Seems like its the same quality between both devices, just looking for clear performance differences (in terms of visual/audio quality).

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
In what way? Both offer 4k/Dolby Vision/Dolby Atmos. Doing a google search it sure seems like its the same between both devices (some people say colors seem better on webOS (Apple 4k TV dolby vision has slightly crushed blacks, webOS doesnt), some say subtitles are better on apple 4k, but any comparison seems to be into that super minor stuff). Seems like its the same quality between both devices, just looking for clear performance differences (in terms of visual/audio quality).
Apple has reduced bitrates on third party apps compared to the Apple TV 4K.

·
Registered
226 Posts
"Also the sound is missing something."
Yakapo, what do you mean about the sound quality?
The problem is related to spotify. I played the same song from Spotify then on YouTube. The YouTube version sounds less muddy, you can hear the cymbals crash, etc. I’m certain I downloaded the highest bitrate music on Spotify. I’m using airplay. Should I get a chrome cast?

edit

its better now. I switched up some settings.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I need help making sure I'm setting up my TSR-700 properly. I only have one source (AppleTV 4K) plugged directly into the receiver. My speakers at the moment are the Klipsch Home Theater Pack, but only in 3.1 since I don't have the rears wired yet.

My main problem is that when I attempt to play Dolby Vision/Atmos content there is no sound. I've only had the receiver for a week, so I could be missing something. I tried playing two movies -- Godzilla vs. Kong on HBO MAX and Happily on iTunes Rental. Both would not output sound. Jumping out of the movie and playing something normal would work just fine. I would check various settings and go back into the movie a few times only for it to start playing sound just fine. I don't know why it's not playing sound initially.

The second issue I'm having is the wide range of volume range. I feel like I need to adjust the volume constantly in a movie or TV show, because the sound gets too high or low. Is this something I have to get used to? Would this issue be fixed by enabling Adaptive DRC? Dynamic Range is set to Maximum.

By the way, is there a list of the recommended settings or is it different for everyone?

TV: LG OLED65CXPUA
Model: TSR-700
Version: 1.31/3.06

AppleTV 4KZeskit Maya 8K Certified Ultra High Speed HDMITSR-700Blue Jeans Cable Series-FE Belden HDMILG

AppleTV 4K Settings

Format: 4K SDR 60 Hz
Chroma: 4:4:4
Match Content: On
Match Framerate: On

TSR-700 Settings

General
  • Straight: Off
  • Pure Direct: Off
  • Adaptive DRC: Off
  • DSP Program: Surround Decoder
  • YPAO Volume: Off
  • Dialogue Level: 0
  • Dialogue Lift: 0
Speaker
  • Front: Small, Cross Over: 110 Hz
  • Center: Small, Cross Over: 110 Hz
  • Surround: None
  • Virtual Cinema Front: Off
  • Surround Back: None
  • Front Presence: None
  • Subwoofer 1: Use
  • EQ Select: Off
Sound
  • Dynamic Range: Maximum
  • Adaptive DSP Level: On
  • Virtual Surround Back Speaker: Off
  • DTS Mode: Mode 1
DSP
  • HDMI 1
    • Enhancer: Off
    • DSP: Surround Decoder
Video/HDMI
  • Control: On
  • Standby Through: On
  • ARC: On
  • Standby Sync: Auto
  • 4k Upscaling: Off

·
Registered
43 Posts
I need help making sure I'm setting up my TSR-700 properly. I only have one source (AppleTV 4K) plugged directly into the receiver. My speakers at the moment are the Klipsch Home Theater Pack, but only in 3.1 since I don't have the rears wired yet.

My main problem is that when I attempt to play Dolby Vision/Atmos content there is no sound. I've only had the receiver for a week, so I could be missing something. I tried playing two movies -- Godzilla vs. Kong on HBO MAX and Happily on iTunes Rental. Both would not output sound. Jumping out of the movie and playing something normal would work just fine. I would check various settings and go back into the movie a few times only for it to start playing sound just fine. I don't know why it's not playing sound initially.

The second issue I'm having is the wide range of volume range. I feel like I need to adjust the volume constantly in a movie or TV show, because the sound gets too high or low. Is this something I have to get used to? Would this issue be fixed by enabling Adaptive DRC? Dynamic Range is set to Maximum.

By the way, is there a list of the recommended settings or is it different for everyone?

AppleTV 4KZeskit Maya 8K Certified Ultra High Speed HDMITSR-700Blue Jeans Cable Series-FE Belden HDMILG

AppleTV 4K Settings

TSR-700 Settings

General
Speaker
Sound
DSP
  • HDMI 1
Video/HDMI
You need to have either Front Presence or Surround Back speakers enabled for Atmos content, even if you don't speakers connected. You can see the source/playback under the Option button on the remote, and front panel. GL

·
Registered
14 Posts

AppleTV 4K Settings

TSR-700 Settings

General
Speaker
Sound
DSP
  • HDMI 1
Video/HDMI
Also, you could try turning off ARC if you're using the ATV for all your streaming.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had a problem with my Chromecast, LG CX, and TSR 700 that I fixed. I'd like to share the solution in case anyone else encounters the same issue.

The issue: Chromecast displays fine on startup when plugged into the TSR 700. However, after switching inputs on the TV or using a native LG app, switching back to the Chromecast/Yamaha input would produce a black screen.

The fix: Setting the Chromecast's HDMI to "mode 2" in the TSR 700's settings resolved the issue. Now I can freely switch between native apps and the TSR 700 without losing the video feed. You lose 4:4:4 but I don't think that matters with a Chromecast.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Basically that's the big reason. When the new model of tv comes out, LG is less likely to continue supporting your tv and the apps will get dated. Sure they may continue to work, depending on the service, but others may decide your app is outdated and stop working. And then it's iffy if LG will have an updated version that works, since they'd be supporting newer TVs.

Apps on TVs and disc players are generally the worst supported - manufacturers are just too quick to drop support. The best app support happens on streaming boxes like AppleTV and roku, and game consoles.
Is LG getting rid of WebOS. I guess I don’t understand this statement whatsoever. As long as WebOS is around the apps will be updated and work the same with updated TVs by LG. Am I missing something. Watching Hulu right now on my LG CX and it looks incredible!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’ve had good luck with the 8K HDMI cables from monoprice.

I found what the issue was, at least with the Fire Stick. I forced the resolution to always output 4k on the Fire Stick and the screen does not go black anymore when using it, so that's good but it's doing it with my PS5 as well and the same thing isn't working there so I dunno how I'll fix that one. Worse comes to worse I can always just use ARC.

·
Registered
9 Posts
[QUOTE = "jk0520, publicación: 60640073, miembro: 9526571"]
Tuve un problema con mi Chromecast, LG CX y TSR 700 que arreglé. Me gustaría compartir la solución en caso de que alguien más se encuentre con el mismo problema.

El problema: Chromecast se muestra bien al iniciarse cuando se conecta al TSR 700. Sin embargo, después de cambiar las entradas en el televisor o usar una aplicación LG nativa, volver a la entrada Chromecast / Yamaha produciría una pantalla negra.

La solución: configurar el HDMI del Chromecast en "modo 2" en la configuración del TSR 700 resolvió el problema. Ahora puedo cambiar libremente entre aplicaciones nativas y el TSR 700 sin perder la transmisión de video. Pierdes 4: 4: 4, pero no creo que eso importe con un Chromecast.
[/CITA]
Espero me funcione y se antemano te agradezco por compartir, ya me estaba molestando esto

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi folks, I just replaced my Denon 1912 with a Yamaha RX-v6a, mostly for the Airplay streaming. But I’m having trouble and not sure it’s capable of doing what I need. I’m using the 5.1 setup for my main TV and driving 2 outdoor speakers on Zone 2. All I need is to be able to watch TV on Zone 1 and stream Apple Music from my phone to Zone 2 via Airplay. But I can’t seem to find Zone 2 as an airplay output. Anyone know if this is possible? And as an aside, I can’t even get any sound at all out of zone 2, but perhaps I have a setup issue.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Is LG getting rid of WebOS. I guess I don’t understand this statement whatsoever. As long as WebOS is around the apps will be updated and work the same with updated TVs by LG. Am I missing something. Watching Hulu right now on my LG CX and it looks incredible!!
It’s a valid statement. What he said is exactly the reality.

Apps on older versions of WebOS will get deprecated. History shows this.

If you want long term support and want to future proof your apps, depending on your TV apps is not the best option. Devs bail on TV’s and underpowered streaming sticks first.

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
LGs internal apps are all top notch and often are better than chromecast apps in terms of dolby vision and dolby atmos support, last i checked Chromecast with Google tv didn't support Disney+ in dolby vision and atmos, i don't think there's any lg app that has less than the best available from that platform.The place Chromecast is better is in overall app quantity, the big missing one on LG is HBO Max, which supposedly has an exclusive with Samsung for tv manufacturer specific app. Shield gets a leg up cause it can decode lossless audio from mkvs, but the YouTube on that isn't HDR and Hulu isn't in 4k.
I have the Sony x90ch TV and it has HBO Max since day one. I think it is Lg that has not rolled out the app yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can anyone comment on the power output of a TSR-700 with MORE than two channels driven? The listed specs show Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven): 100 W (8 ohms, 0.06% THD). So it's 100W with two channels. What kind of power output is available when running 3.1, or 5.1?

I ask because I have splurged on some amazing Def Tech BP9040 and CS9060 speakers which are rated 50-300W. My first goal is to not risk damaging them with any under powering, second goal is to maximize performance which I know means investing in a separate amp down the road.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

3241 - 3260 of 3341 Posts