AVS Forum banner

4161 - 4180 of 5197 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good news....Pixel refresher on my 3 hours old 77" C1 cleared up almost all of the screen uniformity issues. Prior to this it was one of the worst screens with vertical streaks going up and down all over the screen...it was really bad. It also had a very bright/strong band on the left side about 2" in from the left side of the screen that was even noticeable during a bright scene (which is not good at all). But just turned it back on and it is pretty much all gone. Still going to runs the color slides to break it in. For gaming, which this set is going to be used for mainly, Sea of Thieves is like a torture test for any TV especially when the game is in the dusk/night time of day and it looks pretty clean with some very faint bands after the pixel refresh..prior it looked like someone took a rake and imbedded lines all over the screen.

Lastly..for those with the C1 77" is there is a slight tilt back of the screen when using the included stand? My 65" does not lean, but there is a slight lean towards the top where it leans back slightly with the 77".
Question, when you say Pixel Refresher do you mean the one in the tv? Good to hear your issue was cleaned up, I just got my 77 C1 delivered today and your post had me worried.

I ask about the pixel refresher because 9 years ago I bought the Disney WOW blu ray at the recommendation of this place. Apparently it’s super rare and expensive, do people still use that thing for anything?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just picked up the 77” C1 from Best Buy. Coming from the Vizio M70-C3 … which didn’t even have HDR! … this thing is pretty mind-blowing. Got a PS5 and Apple TV 4K hooked up to it, so I should be good for content for a bit. I have not connected it to the internet … is it worth making sure it’s on the most recent firmware? So far I’m not really seeing any issues.

Anyway, thanks for all the info here. Looking forward to learning more!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Just picked up the 77” C1 from Best Buy. Coming from the Vizio M70-C3 … which didn’t even have HDR! … this thing is pretty mind-blowing. Got a PS5 and Apple TV 4K hooked up to it, so I should be good for content for a bit. I have not connected it to the internet … is it worth making sure it’s on the most recent firmware? So far I’m not really seeing any issues.

Anyway, thanks for all the info here. Looking forward to learning more!
Congrats and welcome! As far as firmware, I'm on the latest and have no issues. These get better each and everyday!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Where do you put your receiver, speakers, etc? Or do you just have that sitting on top of an entertainment center?
Center can fit underneath, you can get ~10” of clearance (maybe more, need to measure). Receiver, if I had one, would go in the open center cabinet in the ntertainment center it sits on.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,169 ·
Question, when you say Pixel Refresher do you mean the one in the tv? Good to hear your issue was cleaned up, I just got my 77 C1 delivered today and your post had me worried.

I ask about the pixel refresher because 9 years ago I bought the Disney WOW blu ray at the recommendation of this place. Apparently it’s super rare and expensive, do people still use that thing for anything?
It's ok but the Spears and Munsil UHD is better.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Hi,
Does it save the settings individually for each HDMI input? Or do you have to keep messing with settings everytime you change from one input to the other?
Each HDMI input has its own settings. When calibrating one setting (say ISF Night) you can say to apply that to all inputs if you want, which can save a ton of time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
There are break in slides on page 1 of this thread. You download the slides to a USB drive then watch the video that is provided in that same post on how to set up the tv to run the slides.

OLED's tend to get better after a break in time frame. I have had several OLED's where I had uniformity issues but they cleared up after using the TV for a bit or using the Pixel Refresher. My new 77" had the worst and I was worried that a pixel refresh would not clean it up well enough, but I was wrong. Also OLED's do get bright after the first 100+ hours or so of use.

You don't have to use slides though..this just achieves the 100+ hours faster. I typically will just use content...so watching movies, TV and playing games. When I need to walk away to do something for 2 hours or so, I would put a movie on that is full screen (no letter bars) to put more hours on the set. With slides, you can just start it and it will keep running until you turn it off...I know many use them because it is the fastest way to get a lot of hours in quickly.

Awesome thanks so much. I should've gone deeper into the first post I didn't figure it would be that comprehensive!

So delivery is scheduled for yesterday, and they did the fund check and returned money a few days ago, expecting it to charge soon, but still just says "order received". I assume that is because Costco will deliver it from the local Costco and therefor wont have to charge until delivery day? Just want to make sure there isn't any action needed. Also anyone know what times Costco usually does delivery? I only ask because I am nightshift, so earlier the better, so they can come in set it up and I can head into work.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Just ordered a 48C1 which will replace my monitor. OLED family finally complete then.

Reactions: Fyr

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just turned my G1 on this morning and the popped up, wanted to share and get your thoughts. I would be shocked if this covered burn in.

Link to warranty details, I see nothing about burn-in not being covered. https://www.lg.com/us/PDF/US_Final_warranty_card_210506-G1.pdf

If you read the exclusions close enough they have some built in ways to avoid covering burn-in

• Damage or failure of the Product when used in other than normal intended use
Damage or failure of the Product caused by improper set-up or adjustment on consumer controls

very easy for LG to say that the above two conditions caused the burn in and thus its not covered

·
Registered
132 Posts
If you read the exclusions close enough they have some built in ways to avoid covering burn-in

• Damage or failure of the Product when used in other than normal intended use
Damage or failure of the Product caused by improper set-up or adjustment on consumer controls

very easy for LG to say that the above two conditions caused the burn in and thus its not covered
Very true, but at lease they are giving G1 owners extra coverage if needed. I still have Best Buy's 5 year coverage if needed.

4161 - 4180 of 5197 Posts