AVS Forum banner
4621 - 4640 of 9760 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Okay guys LG has impressed us again, received an OTA update after turning on Engineering Mode

An important beta firmware version jumped to 03.15.27

The webOS has been updated from 6.0.1 (kisscurl-kalaupapa) to 6.1.0 (kisscurl-katmai)

The newly optimized webOS 6.1 feels noticeably smoother and quicker, particularly in Home Dashboard & All Settings. I felt like webOS 6.0 was so laggy and a big letdown compared to CX webOS 5.0, not anymore...

Huge facelift in Game Optimizer Menu, now gives you an overwhelming in-game feel

Also can confirm the model/tool toggle is still untouched

Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't recommend regulars to use beta firmware, but this one is a no-brainer. Let's hope Vincent would test out soon, see if there is any visual quality improvement or setback

UPDATE: more features in this beta release

Dolby Vision has been updated from 27.12 to 27.13, now supports 4K120 DV, the world's first 4K120 DV capable TV

Confirmation from my friend's XBSX with 03.15.27, now everything is green

Once in Game Mode, click "Settings" button on remote will have this Game Optimizer Quick Menu

You can easily access to All Settings & Game Optimizer, as well as adjusting black stabilizer with different game genre on the fly

My XB1X is limited to 4K60 so it still shows no support for 4K120 DV

You can now even change Game Optimizer menu color with default Purple, Orange & Green

·
Registered
34 Posts
So I just wanted to remove the protective film on my 48C1 and to my surprise there was only the bottom right sticker on the screen. Is it normal to not have a screen protector applied? Another 48C1 a friend uses has pull-tabs at the left and right bottom of the screen. I mean it's fine, but if there should be still a protective film on it without pull-tabs I want to remove it but it doesn't seem like there is any.

Are there any firmwares manually to download for EU models? I don't want to update from 03.11.15 to 03.11.21, but if 03.11.19 still allows the toggle to function properly then I might consider upgrading to this.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Okay guys LG has impressed us again, received an OTA update after turning on Engineering Mode

An important beta firmware version jumped to 03.15.27
View attachment 3144937
View attachment 3144936

The webOS has been updated from 6.0.1 (kisscurl-kalaupapa) to 6.1.0 (kisscurl-katmai)

The newly optimized webOS 6.1 feels noticeably smoother and quicker, particularly in Home Dashboard & All Settings. I felt like webOS 6.0 was so laggy and a big letdown compared to CX webOS 5.0, not anymore...

View attachment 3144940

Huge facelift in Game Optimizer Menu, now gives you an overwhelming in-game feel

View attachment 3144939

Also can confirm the model/tool toggle is still untouched

View attachment 3144938

Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't recommend regulars to use beta firmware, but this one is a no-brainer. Let's hope Vincent would test out soon, see if there is any visual quality improvement or setback
Do you Toggle on/off total usage time from service menu ? My G1 doesnt show total usage time

·
Registered
84 Posts
What I've seen and reproduced on mine, does not match up with yours, it is no different than you saying I'm wrong! Frustrating to say the least. You telling me I'm not seeing what I'm seeing, when I damn well am, when I know these games and the CX's HGiG back to front, is insulting to me too. So let's just say you are lucky, and hopefully everyone else who has a G1 is as lucky as you. At least I can enjoy mine at last. I'm done on the subject.

For people who are seeing no change on HDR highlights, and they look dim, when/if people autocal their G1, I'll be proven correct...

FWIW you have never said that adjusting HDR in game luminance sliders has the same effect has proper HGiG support, you've always said the game needs to be compliant, and even told me as much other times, which is false, you've spread that misinformation, not me.
that explains why my friend CX's have amazing HGIG on AC Valhalla on pc and my G1 have garbage HGIG on AC Valhalla. I hope there will be fix

·
Registered
213 Posts
that explains why my friend CX's have amazing HGIG on AC Valhalla on pc and my G1 have garbage HGIG on AC Valhalla. I hope there will be fix
The only other possible thing I can think of, is LG's internal pattern generator is bypassing the issue somehow, and it displays 800nits as it should, cause it sure as hell isn't in actual content. In this case it's a use your eyes and not a graph, to rely on what's being displayed.

·
Registered
155 Posts
So how much truth is there in changing your C1 to a G1 in the service menu can blow the speakers and cook the panel?

This may have already been discussed, but according to this guy, pushing C1 hardware with G1 software is a bad idea.

·
Registered
LG G1 + SNP11RA
52 Posts
What is the engineering mode? This update only works in this mode/is it for everyone?
Don’t change the mode. C8 users who did a beta upgrade around 5.10-5.20 was stuck for 18 months in release firmware because the beta number was bigger than the releases. Hopefully at the last upgrade that comes with Airplay2 and Apple TV app, LG pushed a release with a huge step in numbering 5.30 and unstuck users with beta firmwares. Since some times you can’t revert or downgrade a firmware.

They change sometimes libraries of internal component softwares and some apps, like Disney, work only with a version or later. Those C8 users can’t launch Disney app too.

Appart a LG technician puts it on your TV to solve a crippling trouble, please stick with prod channel of firmwares for your own good.

·
Registered
951 Posts
So how much truth is there in changing your C1 to a G1 in the service menu can blow the speakers and cook the panel?

This may have already been discussed, but according to this guy, pushing C1 hardware with G1 software is a bad idea.

I admittedly didn't test it myself as I have an AVR, but there is a different tool menu that contain the amp model and speaker wattage selections , and those go unchanged when you switch modes. Judging from the the other settings in the menu where the G1 change is made, it all appeared to be panel only. I also haven't seen anyone in here mention a change to speaker behavior.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts

With latest update while the C1/G1 choice is still there, it seems it doesn't actually make any difference -- unlike before where there was clear difference of up to 10% more luminance. LG may have borked it by sensing whether you have an actual G1 or not (like whether there's an ATSC 3.0 tuner onboard, etc.).

·
Registered
10,990 Posts
That'll have to be a weekend thing. This thread is too damn long. lol

I would like to access that beta firmware update though.
True, it's next to impossible to go through the entire thread. Sometimes, I don't read it for only an hour or two and when I come back, there are three or more new pages.

·
Oppo Beta Group
12,146 Posts
No change in the full screen pattern means there's no change happening. The biggest brightness increase for the G1 over the C1 happens in full field and large window sizes. This is what helps bright colorful SDR games look a lot brighter on the G1 than the C1 even though it's measurably only 10% higher in a 10% window. It would also make bright sports look brighter on the G1 or very bright outdoor day scenes. Small HDR highlights there's not much difference between a G1 and a C1.

The 5% variance you got in the small window sizes is going to be down to margin of error. You could have had those patterns on screen a couple seconds longer than the first patterns, or the panel could have been at a couple degree different temperature, etc...

Also you can't directly compare with other people's panels measurements unless you know for certain the color temperature is the same.
In more than one case, I measured G1 mode, then C1 mode, then G1 mode and also the other way round.
The numbers were also consistent.

The panel was warmed using 100% patterns for 1/2 hour or more.
In all cases, I performed a single measurement from 2% to 100% and then back to 2% and the value at 2% was consistent.
The only time between patterns was the time needed to select the next window size and hit the measure again.
Definately, under 15 seconds between patterns.

I do not leave patterns up with continuous measurement. This does allow the number to climb but is not indicative of content.

- Rich

Reactions: gamermwm

·
Registered
34 Posts
So I really need help from you guys.

I'm currently in the process of calibrating my 48C1 and no matter what settings I change, with the AVS HD 709 Contrast Calibration I can only get 230-231 to flash but nothing beyond that. Is it because I accidentally reset the TV with the in-stop command? I can change Contrast, Brightness and OLED Light all I want but I can only get 230-231 to flash. With the dark pattern it seems to be alright. I'm on a PC if that helps.

Edit: Okay with the build in YouTube App over WebOS I can get them to flash, that's good I guess.

·
Vendor
31,844 Posts
@Vincent Teoh My new G1 has maybe 15 hours of usage so far and I still am concerned of the pinkish tinting left side of my panel, more noticeable in light scenes that are prolonged such as hockey viewing. Will this get better over time? Or should I consider a replacement panel with Best Buy?
May get a little better but I doubt its going away.......

4621 - 4640 of 9760 Posts