AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bust out the Cracker Jacks. Opening day is upon us. Here's hoping for good fortune to whichever team you support. Play ball!

1:05 p.m. ET: Blue Jays at Yankees– LHP Hyun-jin Ryu vs. RHP Gerrit Cole

1:10 p.m.: Cleveland at Tigers– RHP Shane Bieber vs. LHP Matthew Boyd

POSTPONED: Orioles at Red Sox – LHP John Means vs. RHP Nathan Eovaldi

2:10 p.m.: Twins at Brewers – RHP Kenta Maeda vs. RHP Brandon Woodruff

2:20 p.m.: Pirates at Cubs – RHP Chad Kuhl vs. RHP Kyle Hendricks

3:05 p.m.: Braves at Phillies – LHP Max Fried vs. RHP Aaron Nola

4:10 p.m.: Dodgers at Rockies – LHP Clayton Kershaw vs. RHP German Marquez

4:10 p.m.: Diamondbacks at Padres – LHP Madison Bumgarner vs. RHP Yu Darvish

4:10 p.m.: Cardinals at Reds – RHP Jack Flaherty vs. RHP Luis Castillo

4:10 p.m.: Rangers at Royals– RHP Kyle Gibsons vs. RHP Brad Keller

4:10 p.m.: Rays at Marlins – RHP Tyler Glasnow vs. RHP Sandy Alcantara

POSTPONED: Mets at Nationals – RHP Jacob deGrom vs. RHP Max Scherzer

10:05 p.m.: White Sox at Angels – RHP Lucas Giolito vs. RHP Dylan Bundy

10:07 p.m.: Astros at Athletics – RHP Zack Greinke vs. RHP Chris Bassitt

10:10 p.m.: Giants at Mariners – RHP Kevin Gausman vs. LHP Marco Gonzales

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Hopefully more games in 4K this year!

NESN and NBC SN Chicago

Lol both sox teams

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hopefully more games in 4K this year!

NESN and NBC SN Chicago

Lol both sox teams

I’d settle for 480i right now. No RSNs for me.😞 Dispute with Sinclair. Guess that gives me an excuse. “Honey, I’m going to the bar watch baseball. Lol

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
the only prediction I have is- another year of no championship for the Yankees!...yes!...the ultimate irony is that this Yankees team is really good and in any other era they would be a dynasty but no more...another year of injuries and not meeting expectations!

I like the Dodgers to have the best record in baseball but I like the Padres a lot and think they have a chance to win it all this year...teams to watch for in the NL: Braves and Nationals...team to watch out for in the AL: White Sox...sleeper team in the NL: Mets

the NL has some exciting young players: Juan Soto, Fernando Tatis, Mookie Betts, Ronald Acuna Jr

·
Registered
15 Posts
the only prediction I have is- another year of no championship for the Yankees!...yes!...the ultimate irony is that this Yankees team is really good and in any other era they would be a dynasty but no more...another year of injuries and not meeting expectations!

I like the Dodgers to have the best record in baseball but I like the Padres a lot and think they have a chance to win it all this year...teams to watch for in the NL: Braves and Nationals...team to watch out for in the AL: White Sox...sleeper team in the NL: Mets

the NL has some exciting young players: Juan Soto, Fernando Tatis, Mookie Betts, Ronald Acuna Jr
I don’t know buddy. I think it wouldn’t be a surprise if the Yankees end up winning the WS.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Been waiting 6 months for Opening Day. Wouldn’t you know it, Mets opener postponed because of COVID 🤦🏻 .

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
I don’t know buddy. I think it wouldn’t be a surprise if the Yankees end up winning the WS.
the Yankees are supremely talented...they have been with this current group for the past few years and they keep spending ridiculous amounts of $$ and adding the best players like Gerrit Cole etc...that's what makes their demise so much fun...most of their best players are always injured and they always flame out in the playoffs...it's home run or bust with them...they could easily win the World Series but they could just as easily lose in the 1st round

other teams have caught up to the Bronx Bombers (Dodgers, Padres, White Sox) and then other years you have these hot teams like the Rays, Astros and Red Sox who are good for a short period of time before tearing everything down and rebuilding...bad luck and injuries have doomed the Yanks along with running into hot teams and now the dynasty is over before it even started

·
Registered
877 Posts
Its early,but the baseball seems to be flying out of the parks just the same as the last couple of seasons.Dodgers loog really strong.My Reds look to be below average. They might be better than the Pirates.

·
Registered
20,284 Posts
All-Star Game Lands In Denver After MLB Drops Atlanta
By Greg Evans

Major League Baseball announced today that the 2021 All-Star Game will be hosted this summer by the Colorado Rockies at Denver’s Coors Field. The decision comes following last week’s MLB announcement that the game and draft would be relocated from Atlanta due to Georgia’s newly passed restrictive voting law.

The game is set for Tuesday, July 13 and will be broadcast nationally on Fox.

In a statement today, Commissioner of Baseball Robert D. Manfred, Jr. thanked the Rockies, the city of Denver and the state of Colorado for “their flexibility and enthusiasm.” The Rockies had already been involved in the bidding process to host a future All-Star Game, with detailed plans worked up for hotel and event space, security and other support services.

The Los Angeles Dodgers will remain the hosts of the 2022 All-Star Game, as previously announced.

In its announcement today, MLB noted that while the game will no longer take place in Atlanta, the July 13 event “will still celebrate the memory of the late Hank Aaron, an Atlanta icon who passed away on Jan. 22.” MLB also pledged to honor planned investments to support local communities in Atlanta as part of the All-Star Legacy Projects.

Manfred said the decision to move the All-Star Game was made after consultation with teams, former and current players, the MLB Players Association and The Players Alliance, among others. He described the move as “the best way to demonstrate our values as a sport.”

After last week’s decision, the Atlanta Braves released a statement saying it was “deeply disappointed” and that it “will miss the opportunity to address issues that are important to our community.”

MLB’s decision has drawn repeated rebukes from Republicans and conservative media, some of whom have called for a boycott of Major League Baseball, Coca-Cola and other entities that have spoken out against Georgia’s new voting law.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I was hoping the D* MLB mix channel would have the Ballys Sports South feed like they do for other teams but it was the MASN feed . I live in MASN territory so I'm blackout of the braves feed

I thought I read somewhere they were getting rid of blackouts ... (old article )

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Not a fan of the Bally Sports score/ticker taking up the bottom of the screen. The continual updating of other games is distracting. If I really cared about the start time for the Royals-Mariners game, it is easily found elsewhere. I have an LG C8 OLED and there is a function called "Live Zoom". It's a small button on the bottom right side of the LG magic remote. I set it to 110% zoom and move the picture up and to the left. It removes the bar completely and has very minimal zoom effect. Other models and manufacturers may have similar functionality. You do lose the count, outs and men on base indicators but to me, it's a worth the price to remove the ticker.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I dont think it's that bad

Have u ever watched NBA on ESPN huge graphics for no reason and then an additional bar for the sports all sports ticker.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Reds need to find some relief pitchers. Blown saves are killing them.
Atl too lol

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
️ LA Dodgers games will be in 4K next week.

Padres @ LA Dodgers (via Sports Net LA)

Reactions: Kingcarcas

·
Registered
15 Posts
Its early,but the baseball seems to be flying out of the parks just the same as the last couple of seasons.Dodgers loog really strong.My Reds look to be below average. They might be better than the Pirates.
I agree these Reds are not exactly the 70s Machine. However, I do think they could deliver a decent performance this season.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts