AVS Forum banner

461 - 480 of 584 Posts

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
Crap. I'm going to backtrack on the Bengals' pick. I'm now thinking it should be Kyle Pitts. He's probably a once in a generational player and the best option.
2 players in this draft have that 'generational' label- Penei Sewell and Kyle Pitts yet they still seem to be dropping on draft boards in place of QB's who may be busts...shows the value of QB's in today's game...when a guy like Mitch Trubisky can be selected with the #2 overall pick based on his position something is wrong

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
I wouldnt mind Pitts in Aqua...

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
got a nice surprise on my December bill from my cable provider (Verizon FiOS)...they refunded all customers subscribed to the regional sports packages $29.36...they stated it was due to the reduction of Live sports programming impacted by the pandemic...with additional refunds expected in 2021...very nice!
my April 2021 bill shows another refund of $30.45...thanks Verizon! :)

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
It will be whoever Kyle wants...he has the ultimate say on personnel per his contract.

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #468 ·
Jets trading QB Sam Darnold to the Carolina Panthers for a 2021 sixth-round pick and second- and fourth-round picks in 2022, per sources.

Reactions: TitusTroy

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
Jets trading QB Sam Darnold to the Carolina Panthers for a 2021 sixth-round pick and second- and fourth-round picks in 2022, per sources.
not a bad haul- 6th rounder, 2nd and 4th

good to see them move on from Darnold...maybe a change of scenery will help him...either way I'm glad that we are locked in on Zach Wilson...rumors of the new coaching staff wanting to keep Darnold and try and fix him were troublesome...he is what he is at this point...I'm a huge fan of GM Joe Douglas and trust he knows what he's doing

·
Registered
12,845 Posts
Well that answers a couple of questions. First was whether the Jets would hold onto Darnold or trade him. Second was what they were going to do with the second pick. Third was if the 49ers had any interest in Darnold. Finally it answers if the Panthers would entertain moving up to get a QB.

Interestingly Randy Mueller has Darnold fifth if he was coming out the last two years behind Trevor, Zach, Joe and Justin.

At least now we know that there will be three QBs chosen with the first three picks. The fun begins with the Falcons.

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
Interestingly Randy Mueller has Darnold fifth if he was coming out the last two years behind Trevor, Zach, Joe and Justin.
I'm not familiar with Randy Mueller, but is he basing this strictly upon his college grading of all 5 QBs? Or is he cheating and using the NFL experience of Darnold to calculate Darnold's ranking relative to the college QBs?

·
Registered
12,845 Posts

He has talked about Darnold on the Football GM podcast as well. I don't think his NFL experience can be used to determine his value.

·
Registered
19,411 Posts
😆

Remember 2021’s NFC Championship Game when Green Bay lost to Tampa by 5 points? So does
Jeopardy! guest host Aaron Rodgers. And our 2-day champion Scott won’t let him forget in this fun
round of Final Jeopardy!

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
At least now we know that there will be three QBs chosen with the first three picks. The fun begins with the Falcons.
if I'm the Falcons I'm going with Kyle Pitts...no need to dump Matt Ryan so fast...he just needs some more playmakers (and a better defense)...unless they think the 4th best QB in this draft will be better then Ryan for the next few years...Ryan's 35 years old but every year there are QB's to take in the draft...no need to jump the gun and take one now just for the sake of taking one

·
Registered
12,845 Posts
I agree, but it seems a lot of pundits want to write Matt Ryan's obituary. The Falcons really need defensive help, which is why they will go offense. If they were smart, then they would pick Chase or Pitts and trade Julio after June 1st. That would go a long way to helping their cap in future years.

·
Registered
28,060 Posts
And the Darnold era in Charlotte begins! Oy vey. 🙄 Guarantees another few years of mediocrity before they finally decide to move on. Our franchise is haunted. A step down from Teddy, if you ask me.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
461 - 480 of 584 Posts