AVS Forum banner

481 - 500 of 584 Posts

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
I think it was a good move, new beginnings and some draft picks.
I think it was a good move for Darnold but a bad move for the Jets.

I can't see that any of these new QBs have a better upside that Darnold and Darnold hasn't had the support in NY.
What the Jets do is to give up the opportunity to trade the 2nd pick for more picks and players that they could have used to give Darnold a good team.
Now the Jets essentially put themselves back in the same position of having a new QB without the players they could have gotten to support him and basically lose a year or two of development as a team. The Jets mainly bit it because they've had the guy for 3 years and haven't helped him but they are coming up on having to pay him to keep him without doing a real test drive. They put themselves in this awful position.

Now the new QB could be great but the chances of that are very low. I would have stuck with Darnold (as long as he wasn't a bust) and helped the guy.

Instead, Darnold goes to a new team and will probably get paid unless he is a complete bust.

Edit: Didn't watch the video above. Pretty much the same conversation.

·
Registered
20,280 Posts
Report: Former NFL player Phillip Adams killed 5 people, then himself in horrific shooting

The man who allegedly shot and killed five people at a home in South Carolina on Wednesday before killing himself was former NFL player Phillip Adams, according to the Associated Press.

Prominent York County doctor Robert Lesslie, 70, his wife Barbara Lesslie, 69, and their grandchildren, 9-year-old Adah Lesslie and 5-year-old Noah Lesslie, were all pronounced dead at the scene, which was the Adams' home. James Lewis, 38, who was working at the house at the time, was found shot to death outside. A sixth victim sustained "serious gunshot wounds" and was hospitalized, York County Sheriff’s Office’s spokesperson Trent Faris said.

Adams, 33, had reportedly been treated by Robert Lesslie, an emergency room doctor.

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #487 ·
That is so sad :(.

Reactions: WilliamR

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
Report: Former NFL player Phillip Adams killed 5 people, then himself in horrific shooting

The man who allegedly shot and killed five people at a home in South Carolina on Wednesday before killing himself was former NFL player Phillip Adams, according to the Associated Press.

Prominent York County doctor Robert Lesslie, 70, his wife Barbara Lesslie, 69, and their grandchildren, 9-year-old Adah Lesslie and 5-year-old Noah Lesslie, were all pronounced dead at the scene, which was the Adams' home. James Lewis, 38, who was working at the house at the time, was found shot to death outside. A sixth victim sustained "serious gunshot wounds" and was hospitalized, York County Sheriff’s Office’s spokesperson Trent Faris said.

Adams, 33, had reportedly been treated by Robert Lesslie, an emergency room doctor.

just cant even fathom what would cause a person to do this.

Reactions: Nayan and WilliamR

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
Reactions: chadsmith013

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
Chase Chase Chase!!!

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
I think this about sums it up. If Cincy passes on Seawall then I hope the Dolphins don't make the same mistake. View attachment 3120657
The middle ground and the one I prefer is Kyle Pitts. I think the TE is the toughest matchup in football for the defense and the toughest position to fill due to the unicorn nature of the skill, size and speed of the great ones. They are the guys who block and get open over the middle so you don't have to wait as long to get the ball to them. You can do okay with a serviciale OT. A servicable TE doesn't really get you much.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
The middle ground and the one I prefer is Kyle Pitts. I think the TE is the toughest matchup in football for the defense and the toughest position to fill due to the unicorn nature of the skill, size and speed of the great ones. They are the guys who block and get open over the middle so you don't have to wait as long to get the ball to them. You can do okay with a serviciale OT. A servicable TE doesn't really get you much.
I disagree. I think that what most Pitts will end up being is an oversized WR. He will never be the blocker that I think great TE's need to be. No help in the run game, and not much of a pass blocker.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
I disagree. I think that what most Pitts will end up being is an oversized WR. He will never be the blocker that I think great TE's need to be. No help in the run game, and not much of a pass blocker.
One mock draft has Sewell going to Atlanta at 4. If that's the case, who do you think Cincy should take? Chase? Pitts? Slater?

·
Registered
12,845 Posts
I know the analytics crowd think that an average oline is all you need. In Cincy's case, they like to run empty more than any other team. If you have five receivers, then that leaves a lot of pressure on the oline. Adding Reiff doesn't magically turn the line into a great line.

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
there seems to be 3 players with the 'generational' label in this year's draft- Trevor Lawrence, Penei Sewell and Kyle Pitts...I'd be happy with any one of those 3...I think the Bengals won't pass up on Sewell only because they saw what happened to Burrow last season and need him more then most teams

but OL is very deep in this years draft while tight end is not...there's a bigger gap between Kyle Pitts and the 2nd best TE versus Sewell and the next offensive lineman

·
Registered
28,060 Posts
I know the analytics crowd think that an average oline is all you need.
I would think last year's SB would permanently disavow them of that inclination. The best QB in the game was completely neutralized because he had literally no time to read the coverages and deliver the ball. And nobody gets it out quicker or has quicker wide receivers than Mahomey.

·
Registered
12,845 Posts
I would think last year's SB would permanently disavow them of that inclination. The best QB in the game was completely neutralized because he had literally no time to read the coverages and deliver the ball. And nobody gets it out quicker or has quicker wide receivers than Mahomey.
While I agree, I think the analytics crowd would say the injuries left the line below average.

481 - 500 of 584 Posts