AVS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14,450 Posts
TV Review: HBO’s ‘Tiger’ Shows a Golfing Great’s Inner Turmoil

A clear-eyed appraisal of fame and its aftermath, 'Tiger' is urgent and powerful viewing that withholds judgment, but nothing else...

·
Registered
841 Posts
It seemed strange to see promos for the Masters Sunday,since we just had it such a short time ago.

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
Sony Open, weak field on boring golf course. Picks include Harris English and Joaquin Niemann.

"Two Volcanoes, please."

·
Registered
5,732 Posts

At the Sony, last week's runnerup Niemann is setting the pace, while winner English is headed for MC.

·
Registered
14,450 Posts
Bryson DeChambeau thinks he knows what caused dizzy spells at the Masters- his brain was working too hard...“The one thing I will tell you is that I’ve done a lot of brain training…and the frontal lobe of my brain was working really, really hard,” DeChambeau said Friday. “And that’s kind of what gave me some weird symptoms.”...

·
Registered
27,684 Posts
Bryson DeChambeau thinks he knows what caused dizzy spells at the Masters- his brain was working too hard...“The one thing I will tell you is that I’ve done a lot of brain training…and the frontal lobe of my brain was working really, really hard,” DeChambeau said Friday. “And that’s kind of what gave me some weird symptoms.”...
Meathead. :LOL:

·
Registered
14,450 Posts
more salacious details from the HBO documentary...

Tiger Woods planned call with mistress to convince wife cheating scandal was fake

Before the world learned of the dozen-plus women who claimed they were intimate with the legendary athlete during his marriage, Woods, 45, attempted “everything” to stop the story from going public...Tiger Woods’ mistress, Rachel Uchitel, revealed the couple planned a phone call to convince the golfer’s then-wife, Elin Nordegren, that their cheating scandal was fake...

Uchitel and Woods’ trick temporarily worked, as Nordegren seemingly believed the father of her two children..."The story came out and no one really looked at it. Between this stupid story and my call with Elin, I remember thinking, ‘Oh my God, we’re going to slide right over this,’” Uchitel added...however, just two days later, on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 26, 2009, their secret was finally exposed...

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What I learned about HBO's episode two "Tiger".

Bryant Gumbel's comments were spot on.

·
Registered
5,732 Posts

·
Registered
5,732 Posts

·
Registered
14,450 Posts
it's time to retire...how many surgeries can his body take?...he's obsessed with passing the GOAT Jack Niklaus for all time major wins...

Tiger Woods has procedure to alleviate nerve pain in lower back

Tiger Woods has undergone a microdiscectomy to alleviate nerve pain in his lower back and will not compete in next week's Farmers Insurance Open or the Genesis Invitational next month...Woods is no stranger to the procedure...he previously had it done three times -- once in the spring of 2014 and twice in the fall of 2015...he eventually had a more serious operation called a spinal fusion in April 2017 that kept him from swinging a golf club for six months...

·
Registered
841 Posts
It is going to be a very interesting year on the PGA tour.The old stars begin to fade even more and the youngsters keep coming on. Will Dustin Johnson continue to dominate? We shall see.

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
I keep giving Tiger one more chance, but it's looking increasingly less likely. Still, the 2019 Masters win came out of nowhere, and you never know.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stevie Williams Tiger's caddie said Tigers injuries were self inflicted. He would play through pain at the cost of ending his career.

I remember watching him with a bad back and if you've had a bad back I can't believe he would play through it.

Now you could argue Ben Hogan was the Goat. Plus I learned how to play golf from his book and I never worried about the left side of the course.:)

“Once you start looking at Hogan, Hogan then comes into the argument in a much, much bigger way,” Chamblee continues. “The idea that only majors defines who the greatest players are is a ridiculous argument. Hogan only won nine majors. He only played in 58. Jack played in 164. Tiger played in 84. Who’s going to win more majors? The guy who plays in the most. But Hogan was handicapped obviously because of the injury, and because, let’s just say, WWII interrupted things.”

·
Registered
14,450 Posts
“Once you start looking at Hogan, Hogan then comes into the argument in a much, much bigger way,” Chamblee continues. “The idea that only majors defines who the greatest players are is a ridiculous argument. Hogan only won nine majors. He only played in 58. Jack played in 164. Tiger played in 84. Who’s going to win more majors? The guy who plays in the most. But Hogan was handicapped obviously because of the injury, and because, let’s just say, WWII interrupted things.”
I actually agree that championships in any sport shouldn't be the defining factor in grading all time great players but your quote is ridiculous...Tiger has gone on record for many years stating that the only thing that matters to him are Majors and surpassing Jack's total...it's only recently he started to backtrack on that after he realized he might not have a shot after all...and to say that the more Majors you play in automatically guarantees more wins (especially in a sport like Golf where you play the entire field) is one of the most silly things I've ever read from oldcband (The Outcast)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts