AVS Forum banner

141 - 160 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
28,048 Posts
Spieth falters again.Putting lets him down.
The monkey growith. Congrats to Beefcake, though. Clutch 5 footer to seal it. I was waiting for him to start blubbering in the post-match interview but he managed to barely hold it together. I can't imagine the river of tears that would flow if he paired with Bubba Watson to win the deciding four-ball at the Ryder Cup. 😄

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Enjoyed this tournament. Tough playing throughout. Most rough I've seen there. Three 71s (incl. Champion Beefcake) were low today. CB parred in from the 7th.

Sorry to see Westwood catch an ill-prepared sandy divot on his last, preventing a riskier approach and possible playoff.

The Players next. Re spectators, 20% of maximum capacity.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
The monkey growith. Congrats to Beefcake, though. Clutch 5 footer to seal it. I was waiting for him to start blubbering in the post-match interview but he managed to barely hold it together. I can't imagine the river of tears that would flow if he paired with Bubba Watson to win the deciding four-ball at the Ryder Cup. 😄
The Kiss and Cry in figure skating. :cry:

·
Registered
638 Posts
I appreciate some emotion from winning golfers. It belies what they had to suppress while playing, which I consider no small feat having choked/blown-up myself many times in piddling situations. The skills and composer to save those one or two strokes difference is always remarkable to watch.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I have to wonder how many touring pros are looking to Beefcake’s methodology, especially his physical training techniques. He, Koepka, McElroy to some extent, and definitely Tiger have proven beyond question that the old saw about muscling-up ruins fine muscle control is fallacious. Taking that into mind, would Jordan Spieth not be wise to take that approach to his game. My thoughts in watching him play is that his poor driving is a direct result of trying too hard to keep up with the competition in distance resulting in over swinging. Some beefing up in the right way could fill in some holes for him, I’m thinking.

One other thought: the timing of the pandemic, while miserable and worse for most of us, was bery, bery good for DeChambeau because I doubt he could or would have had the downtime to bump up his body had it not occurred.

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
The flood gates are opening up for DeChambeau.(y)

Winning breeds winning 8 career wins is just the start.

·
Registered
28,048 Posts
One other thought: the timing of the pandemic, while miserable and worse for most of us, was bery, bery good for DeChambeau because I doubt he could or would have had the downtime to bump up his body had it not occurred.
Didn't Beefcake's Big Transformation occur in 2019, prior to the pandemic?

·
Registered
6,280 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
From the article above: DeChambeau started his body experiment in Fall 2019 and at the time of the article had progressed from “below 200lbs.“ to 220 and bragging of a ball speed of 185mph. Last week I’m guessing he is at least 25lbs. heavier and showing ball speed of over 200mph. all with remarkable control and accuracy when added length requires narrower angle of declination of angle from optimum to find the fairway.

Clearly the man started his quest before the pandemic, but it may have helped polish it for that last most difficult push over the top.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Watching the free version of The Players on NBC Gold/ PGA tour live. Picture quality is pretty bad.I guess thats because they show all the groups of players.Maybe the compression of the signals is tremendous. I hope the regular picture for PGA tour live is much better. But it is free and thats great.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts

·
Registered
6,280 Posts

·
Registered
6,280 Posts

Early on, Westwood's lookin' good.

"You can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen." - Merry Mex

·
Registered
28,048 Posts
Beefcake just cold topped his tee shot into the hazard on the 4th hole, then fanned his next shot off the ladies tee. 😄 Then he hit an incredible chip shot from the waste area right of the green to 5 feet & made it for dbl. bogey. 😮 He may be a meathead, but he is sure fun to watch.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Beefcake just cold topped his tee shot into the hazard on the 4th hole, then fanned his next shot off the ladies tee. 😄 Then he hit an incredible chip shot from the waste area right of the green to 5 feet & made it for bogey. 😮 He may be a meathead, but he is sure fun to watch.
Beefcake -9 now looks cooked.

Westwood needsa "sandy" badly to stay in touch with JT, who looks rock-solid and destined to win.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
141 - 160 of 223 Posts