AVS Forum banner

121 - 140 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Thoughts on blooming during gaming (in game mode which seemed to be one of the weakness of the Q900TS and the weak contrast when the zone isn’t off)?

Also how is screen uniformity?

Finally, how do you feel about build quality? I thought my q900Ts had somewhat cheap plastic on the back although the rest of the TV was premium. Problem is the plastic on the back would creak and make noises as the TV was used (almost felt like the stand it was on was going to snap and was disconcerting). In the end, the bezel actually separated in a few select spots which resulted in Samsung giving me a full credit at the retailer at which I purchased it from.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
To be completely honest, i really don't miss DV at all. I watch in a room with complete light control, and i normally watch without any lights on. I put some movies back and forth in-between my favorite led ever (Z9D). While the Sony still looks great, the qn900a is definitely on another level.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
DV really helps OLEDS but they need help in hdr. OLEDS are looking much better than the past. These new Samsung’s are king of HDR brightness.

·
Registered
56 Posts
@felix I already know that the Z8H is inferior to the Z9D. Anything that you think the Z9D still wins at? Motion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The one area that i think while it's good, isn't as good as the Z9D. It's no where near bad at all, and I'm extremely sensitive to motion, but I would put it ever so slightly lower than the Z9D. Besides that i would say the qn900a beats the z9D at basically every other aspect. I've returned the last 4 led TVs that i bought in the last two years, because i felt the z9D was better than them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thoughts on blooming during gaming (in game mode which seemed to be one of the weakness of the Q900TS and the weak contrast when the zone isn’t off)?

Also how is screen uniformity?

Finally, how do you feel about build quality? I thought my q900Ts had somewhat cheap plastic on the back although the rest of the TV was premium. Problem is the plastic on the back would creak and make noises as the TV was used (almost felt like the stand it was on was going to snap and was disconcerting). In the end, the bezel actually separated in a few select spots which resulted in Samsung giving me a full credit at the retailer at which I purchased it from.
Contrast seems strong, but it does appear that out of the box the dimming algorithm Isn't as successful in game mode than it is on movie mode. Still i would say blooming straight on is barely noticeable while gaming. Best gaming tv I've ever used though, and it's not even close. The contrast, plus the non existent input lag makes for an amazing gaming experience. As for build quality i will say that it's no where near as sturdy as the Z8H, with a little bit of flex on the rear panel, but the bezel is extremely premium, as is the one connect box.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'll be doing a screen uniformity test later today. I'll post my thoughts soon after.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
The one area that i think while it's good, isn't as good as the Z9D. It's no where near bad at all, and I'm extremely sensitive to motion, but I would put it ever so slightly lower than the Z9D. Besides that i would say the qn900a beats the z9D at basically every other aspect. I've returned the last 4 led TVs that i bought in the last two years, because i felt the z9D was better than them.

It sounds like you are keeping this set, that is a compliment if I've ever seen one if it can compete in some respects to the Z9D.

·
Vendor
29,862 Posts
Well the Z9D is one of the best,if not the best LED ever made :)
It sounds like you are keeping this set, that is a compliment if I've ever seen one if it can compete in some respects to the Z9D.
Huge compliment;)

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
If anyone wants me to upload any pictures, let me know I'll do my best to capture them to the best of my ability.

If you’ve got the Batman v Superman movie I would love to see how the black bars look during the Batman warehouse fight scene. It kills my Sony 940E and Sammy Q00T. Would like to know does this tv have better dimming without too much crushing like my TCL 8 Series.

Reactions: HeisenbergABQ

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you’ve got the Batman v Superman movie I would love to see how the black bars look during the Batman warehouse fight scene. It kills my Sony 940E and Sammy Q00T. Would like to know does this tv have better dimming without too much crushing like my TCL 8 Series.
I should be getting the new cut that was just re released any day now. I have a decent 4k uhd collection. Last night i watched pacific rim, and my jaw dropped. I also have the matrix which has some notoriously difficult scenes for led TVs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Strongly considering the 85" QN900A over the 83" A90J. Hoping that the eARC from the One Connect box can pass Atmos back to my Denon 4700H. Will more than likely have PS5, Xbox Series X, and PC (need to upgrade from the 2080ti to get 2.1 features) connected to the One Connect box utilizing all 2.1 ports.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Not sure if he orders or keeps for his channel. He did say he had one coming. He should just be more creative and not post negative about a tv he has not seen just for clicks.
FOMO is getting both a90j and qn90a so he can crap on both of them all year because those are the tvs when bashed get the most clicks. Qn900a just not popular enough for him to buy and bash.

·
Registered
618 Posts
FOMO is getting both a90j and qn90a so he can crap on both of them all year because those are the tvs when bashed get the most clicks. Qn900a just not popular enough for him to buy and bash.
Didn’t he say he went 4K this year because he felt he got burned from getting the top of the line 8K last year? IMO there’s still a chance he’ll get the QN900A though... his name is FOMO after all, and the only way to stop it is to buy it

·
Registered
56 Posts
Strongly considering the 85" QN900A over the 83" A90J. Hoping that the eARC from the One Connect box can pass Atmos back to my Denon 4700H. Will more than likely have PS5, Xbox Series X, and PC (need to upgrade from the 2080ti to get 2.1 features) connected to the One Connect box utilizing all 2.1 ports.
I'm getting atmos through earc connected to my anthem avm70.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Didn’t he say he went 4K this year because he felt he got burned from getting the top of the line 8K last year? IMO there’s still a chance he’ll get the QN900A though... his name is FOMO after all, and the only way to stop it is to buy it
He made a living off of bashing the q90r the entire year that year and accumulated plenty of clicks and likes. After all was said and done, at the end of that year he finally admitted it was a great tv even though he had ripped it to shreds when it helped pad his youtube stats. The q900ts cost him alot of views and clicks because it's just not popular enough so he's back on the 4k flagship which he will rip apart all year as well.

Reactions: HeisenbergABQ

·
Registered
370 Posts
He made a living off of bashing the q90r the entire year that year and accumulated plenty of clicks and likes. After all was said and done, at the end of that year he finally admitted it was a great tv even though he had ripped it to shreds when it helped pad his youtube stats. The q900ts cost him alot of views and clicks because it's just not popular enough so he's back on the 4k flagship which he will rip apart all year as well.
I get really tired of all these nobodies on Youtube who are just hobbyists like you and I, acting like their opinion on TV's is more valuable than anyone else's. I think when I retire I'm just gonna buy every major manufacturers flagship every year and dole out advice like I'm Vincent Teoh. Just because you install TV's for a living, or have a few shiny meters doesn't make you a professional. In fact, they don't seem to have even as much technical knowledge as a lot us here. As far as I'm concerned, Fomo is just Quantum without the foul mouth and personality.

Sorry, rant over.

121 - 140 of 227 Posts