AVS Forum banner

4841 - 4848 of 4848 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I pulled the trigger on this. The current sale price is just too insane. An 85 inch TV for less than an LG 77 Oled was too hard to pass up trying and the additional 2 years of extra financing just makes it too hard to pass up. That additional two years basically made the OLED 2x the cost(to me personally), just wasn't worth it, even if OLED is better IQ, it's not THAT much better.

Just praying Samsung.com doesn't kill me on the panel lottery now.

Regarding the ports, I know it's a HUGE additional cost, but the new Onkyo receivers support HDMI 2.1. I just intend on running all my HDMI 2.1 stuff through there. Also means you don't have to rely on eARC and only need to run one cable to the TV and just plug everything into AVR. You could get a budget one in the lineup that supports this I guess, I only looked at the $1K model but others could support.

Vincent, HDTV Test, has a video on it explaining more. If you already NEED an AVR anyway, it's a good later term solution. I also kind of think the whole sound thing is overrated for this stuff since most people don't have a good sound setup, or only a soundbar and I really don't think a soundbar will make much difference in the various surround sound formats, but I'm pulling that straight out my ass, your own opinion/experience is probably more valid. I just only have 5.1 at most setup usually so really not worrying about ATMOS until I get can a way better configuration.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hi All,

I just got 85" QN90A and I have it connected to pc with 6800XT via hdmi 2.1 port. I am trying to get hdr working in game mode. I got VRR working fine but no matter what I do I can't get HDR show as enabled in samsung game bar. I tried resident evil village and cp 2077 I turn HDR in game on but the game bar doesn't say it is on. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong and I need specific settings on pc set ? I do have HDR color enabled in windows. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Did you enable HDM input signal plus in settings ? also what do you see in Windows 10 advanced graphic settings once HDR enabled ? can you post it ?

(like this, it's in french and on my Surface Pro, but you should find the screen)

in your drivers settings can you put the signal to RGB 10 bits full range ? (idk where it is for AMD, having a Nvidia card)

I doubt about cable issues, as you would have artifacts, glitches, or W10 would have refused to switch instead (or black TV loading screens). Looks more like an AMD driver issue to me (without more information).

·
Registered
118 Posts
My EU 55QN90A was delivered, and unfortunately it has the ADS panel.
It's not a bad TV per se, but image quality is compromised by the IPS panel, a lot.
There's a lot of blooming due to the really low native contrast, and with contrast enhancer off the image has a bit of a "washed out" effect.
On the other end, VRR is fine and the TV it can be very bright.
It's a real shame all is ruined by the IPS panel, and I don't really understand why Samsung thought it that was a good idea to use such panels on some of their high end TVs, (and just in some regions too...).
I already called Samung to send it back, I'm not gonna keep it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My EU 55QN90A was delivered, and unfortunately it has the ADS panel.
It's not a bad TV per se, but image quality is compromised by the IPS panel, a lot.
There's a lot of blooming due to the really low native contrast, and with contrast enhancer off the image has a bit of a "washed out" effect.
On the other end, VRR is fine, it can be very bright.
It's a real shame all is ruined by the IPS panel, and I don't really understand why Samsung thought it that was a good idea to use such panels on some of their high end TVs, (and just in some regions too...).
I already called Samung to send it back, I'm not gonna keep it.
Go for the QN95A if you can, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Of course it has. Only 50 and 85 are VA in QN90A euro model.
That doesn't seem to be true here (Italy) as already discussed: there's a chance to get a VA panel, but that's not how it should work.

Honestly, I regret the time I wasted after this, I was tricked by an Italian review of a QN90A VA panel (was it sent by Samsung itself?), but that's how it is.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It is a right decision
I already ordered a CX6, I'll give the Oled a shot.
And maybe I'll be able to find (in store only, so I can check before buying) a QN90A with a VA panel, who knows.
The QN95 is too expensive for what I have to do (= playing a few times a month some racing simulations with my pc).

4841 - 4848 of 4848 Posts