AVS Forum banner

5741 - 5760 of 6848 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
One of my coworkers did buy a 125,000 dollar Tesla. And to be fair from what he told me it was pretty perfect. Now I know panels aren’t cars.
This is actually a really great example. Your co-worker believes their Tesla is pretty perfect from a build quality perspective the same way that many people believe Samsung LCDs are pretty perfect from a black level perspective. It's all relative.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Ok, so the dimming is really starting to bother me. The back and forth of it being bright for a few minutes and then dimming for a few minutes...what’s the point of setting it to be bright? Is there anything that can be done about it because it’s distracting? My LG B7 would only get dark when a scene was too dark for too long. That is NOT what’s happening here. It just keeps cycling back and forth.
That seems pretty odd. Can you post what content and time stamps you see it on so others can try and reproduce?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yikes. Does this happen with football also?
It happens with any sustained static elements. It's gotten a lot better since it first showed up after the dolby vision update on the A1E, with it being a lot less aggressive, and subtly dimming over a longer period of time, but it is still there.

While I personally don't have any experience with LG Oleds, I do believe that they handle it differently, and only dim the static element(scoreboard, hud, etc...). If you prefer that approach you might want to look into possibly swapping out to one of those, though I believe they carry their own set of problems when compared to the Sony, so it's kind of a pick your poison situation.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Some RIDICULOUS reasons on here for returning this TV. As I say i hope those who have got one who are returning their sets for pathetic reasons get told where to go. “Can you tell me why you are returning it please ?”........”Well....I got it out of the box and the black of the tv isn’t really black at all!... and when I put it in a lighter room it gets worse as it gets lighter in colour”

·
Registered
18,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,753

·
Vendor
29,862 Posts
Ugh. I really need the extra size though. I compared both sizes using painters tape on my living room wall at the extra size is definitely worth it.
The OLED83C1PUA will be something to consider then? I mean if they where being handed out for free, I would take one :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
65” purchased, eta 2 weeks. Just enough time for the buyers’ remorse to kick in.

Upgrading from a 6 year old 55” Samsung. Wondering if I’ll be just as happy with a 65” A8H? So cheap right now...

What would you do & why??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Because I’m using D-Nice’s settings which has that block of four settings turned off.
Oh ok I was wondering because you have to manually go in to turn it off and you had asked where the setting is located. I've watched plenty of hockey and basketball and haven't seen any dimming yet.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Oh ok I was wondering because you have to manually go in to turn it off and you had asked where the setting is located. I've watched plenty of hockey and basketball and haven't seen any dimming yet.
If I’m using his night (custom pro 1) settings, I don’t notice it, but when using the brighter daytime (custom pro 2) settings, it’s pretty bad when watching Phillies and Flyers games. I have not noticed it in non-sports programming so far.

·
Registered
11 Posts
How is DSE / Banding on this set?

I'm coming from a Q90T which I love, except for its terrible DSE, went through multiple panels and they are all very bad when watching sports or playing bright games

5741 - 5760 of 6848 Posts