AVS Forum banner

11341 - 11360 of 12298 Posts

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
What forum are you reading? I don't recall seeing @D-Nice telling someone to return a TV (in the past few months that I've been reading the OLED forum) and I'm certain that I haven't seen a suggestion like that from @jrref. That doesn't mean that it hasn't happened. But, if it were happening with any regularity at all, I believe that I would have noticed it
The guy signed up on this forum 11 days ago. 4 posts total. All attacking D-Nice and jrref.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
What forum are you reading? I don't recall seeing @D-Nice telling someone to return a TV (in the past few months that I've been reading the OLED forum) and I'm certain that I haven't seen a suggestion like that from @jrref. That doesn't mean that it hasn't happened. But, if it were happening with any regularity at all, I believe that I would have noticed it
It was in the uniformity thread the other day. Dude for some reason got a bone to pick wit Dnice and Jrref and he ain't letting up by the looks of it 😂

·
Registered
644 Posts
you don't think you would have watched well over 100 hours of regular content by July???
I have a 14 day return window. Since I will be keeping this set a long time I will do everything I can to insure that I can get the best reliability and picture quality from this TV.

The 100 hrs. break in slides will insure that all the pixels have aged equally. It also will stress the TV enough that if some part is weak most likely it would fail in that time period.

I still will put on another 100 hrs. of TV viewing and if needed run the TV 24/7 before D-Nice shows up for the calibration around the 3rd weekend of July.

The TV will have 200 hrs. before calibration so I am making sure I have some leeway before D-Nice arrives.

Reactions: Bigmoviefan

·
Registered
5 Posts
It was in the uniformity thread the other day. Dude for some reason got a bone to pick wit Dnice and Jrref and he ain't letting up by the looks of it 😂
You are just the kind of person I was trying to reach. How many TV's have you now returned under D-Nice's watch? From what I saw yesterday you are bowing out entirely now aren't you? It's horrible you couldn't enjoy the best TV available. I wish you luck in however you watch content moving forward.

Have a look through the uniformity thread. Literally did one 2-3 days ago.

You got me banned from the Uniformity thread a few days ago with this same BS. You then sent me FOS PMs claiming I reported you to the mods... which I didn't. This is MY thread and you will NOT continue this nonsense here. Post another comment like this and I will report you.... yeah for the very first time.
Sorry, didn't know you owned a thread....

Also, I was just replying to Cleveland Plasma's comment. He/She has said that the A90J's are a great display and doesn't want people to feel down about them. I put two and two together as I don't think I've seen anyone as negative on OLED's as yourself, and certainly no-one else is consistently asked for their opinion on returning panels of which you frequently oblige.

Happy to leave your thread of which you can keep encouraging the returning of TV's. I noticed the picture of yours in this thread has quite a severe pink tint which is worse than some of the ones you've told people to return. Others can make their own judgements on that. I have nothing further to add, and I'm sure you'll have something racist or below the belt to call me now that I'm not going to reply any further. I knew what I was getting into by trying to break through the cult.

Cya.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
jrref posted comments about how good his A90J looked and how the vignetting you see on all 65s with test patterns isn't really an issue with real content, just a few hours before this guy went nuts in his deleted rant about jrref supposedly telling everyone to return their TVs until they find one that is perfect. I don't understand where it's coming from. Some other guy complained about D-Nice not recommending LCDs, now this guy says that he's the world's most negative person about OLED. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
You are just the kind of person I was trying to reach. How many TV's have you now returned under D-Nice's watch? From what I saw yesterday you are bowing out entirely now aren't you? It's horrible you couldn't enjoy the best TV available. I wish you luck in however you watch content moving forward.

Have a look through the uniformity thread. Literally did one 2-3 days ago.

Sorry, didn't know you owned a thread....

Also, I was just replying to Cleveland Plasma's comment. He/She has said that the A90J's are a great display and doesn't want people to feel down about them. I put two and two together as I don't think I've seen anyone as negative on OLED's as yourself, and certainly no-one else is consistently asked for their opinion on returning panels of which you frequently oblige.

Happy to leave your thread of which you can keep encouraging the returning of TV's. I noticed the picture of yours in this thread has quite a severe pink tint which is worse than some of the ones you've told people to return. Others can make their own judgements on that. I have nothing further to add, and I'm sure you'll have something racist or below the belt to call me now that I'm not going to reply any further. I knew what I was getting into by trying to break through the cult.

Cya.
😆 I returned my tvs from my own decision making. Nobody encouraged or influenced me to do anything. I've been around the block for years with oled I know how they operate. My situations with this particular tv was just the luck of the draw which happens with anything man made but my prior oled experiences have been solid

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
What is your returning rate? Let's say X out of 10
I got lambasted for asking that a few weeks ago-long story short he isn't allowed to say

Reactions: GamerTyke

·
Registered
96 Posts
I returned from a business trip today and about 20 minutes after turning on my A90J the remote completely stopped working, no backlight, nothing. I opened the battery compartment and one of the batteries oxidized. I'm not sure how this happened with new batteries. While it was minimal, even after cleaning it out, I can't get it to work with new batteries. I'm assuming it's going to take some time to get a new remote. Any suggestions on a fix or a remote that will work in the interim?

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
To be fair, the one potential downside is that if something happens to the TV after it is shipped (say a dead pixel), you can't return the TV to VE. You need to go through the manufacturer's warranty process and you essentially lose the $600 that you paid for the calibration on the TV that the manufacturer swapped out.

Yes the same thing can happen after you get the TV calibrated in your home. But, you're not putting your TV in the hands of a common carrier after you get it calibrated at home.

This is the reason why, although I do need to pay sales tax, I'm happy that VE is close enough to me that they are delivering my TV to me themselves, rather than shipping it to me.
Think about all the shipping impacts the TV gets from the LG factory to the big box or local retailers. The sets are bounced around who knows how many times before they get to the store. There is a whole chain the sets go through before you get them. If they were that fragile we would be having a ton of problems.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Congrats ! Do you mind telling us where you bought it ? I’m going to be ordering one in the next 2 weeks just haven’t decided from where ! Lol. I had no idea D-Nice would do calibrations up here in the Great White North… so I’ll have to get on his list !
visions electronics. So far happy with the 83 and very happy with their service and attention. Got mine in Whitby-was 2nd in Ontario or Canada to get it.

they have a 2 month!! Price match gaurentee and give you the second year warranty for a penny!

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Also shipping should not cause these problems if done correctly. Think about all the shipping impacts the TV gets from the LG factory to the big box or local retailers. The sets are bounced around who knows how many times before they get to the store. There is a whole chain the sets go through before you get them. If they were that fragile we would be having a ton of problems.
Also shipping should not cause these problems if done correctly.

That's the part that I'm concerned about. I'm more confident that a even with a crappy job of loading a truck, a full pallet of OLED's strapped to one another, is far less likely to fall over onto its side inside of a truck than a single TV, in box that's nearly 4 feet tall, less than 1 foot wide and weighs 123 pounds.

I know too many people who have worked at places like Fedex or UPS and have heard too many stories about how poorly some of the workers treat packages, to be totally comfortable with a $6,000 purchase shipped in a box that can tip over pretty easily. If the proper position of these boxes were on their side and the boxes were strong enough to support other packages on top of them, I'd be far more comfortable having and 83" TV shipped individually.

I'm sure that problems are rare. But, if they do happen to a calibrated TV, that's a $600 loss for the buyer.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Also shipping should not cause these problems if done correctly.

That's the part that I'm concerned about. I'm more confident that a even with a crappy job of loading a truck, a full pallet of OLED's strapped to one another, is far less likely to fall over onto its side inside of a truck than a single TV, in box that's nearly 4 feet tall, less than 1 foot wide and weighs 123 pounds.

I know too many people who have worked at places like Fedex or UPS and have heard too many stories about how poorly some of the workers treat packages, to be totally comfortable with a $6,000 purchase shipped in a box that can tip over pretty easily. If the proper position of these boxes were on their side and the boxes were strong enough to support other packages on top of them, I'd be far more comfortable having and 83" TV shipped individually.

I'm sure that problems are rare. But, if they do happen to a calibrated TV, that's a $600 loss for the buyer.
^^^ This. I totally agree with John and with the “If done correctly” caveat. And from everything I’ve heard, read and my brief convo with Robert regarding their shipping methods, VE does do it correctly.

But of course, bad things can always happen. And yeah, I have also been on the receiving end of complete and total nightmares dealing with FedEx and UPS shipping damages and it’s not fun.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I got my 83A90J yesterday and I'm pretty happy with it overall.

On the 5% gray screen there is a pretty abrupt line perfectly in the middle of the screen. I haven't noticed it in content other than the Youtube loading screen, so not sure yet how much it will bother me. There's also some subtle pink tinting on the bottom that you can see in the picture, but I didn't even notice it until I looked at the picture I took.

11341 - 11360 of 12298 Posts