·
Registered
XR83A90J, XBR65Z9D, XBR48A9S, Sony HT-A9/SW5, PANASONIC UB820, SONY PS5
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
478 Posts

Excellent $1000 off MSRP plus NO TAX & FREE SHIPPING on the 77” Sony A80J FOR ACTIVE DUTY, RETIRED and PRIOR SERVICE military members. AAFES/the exchange

$3499 SHIPPED
That’s a crazy price. I wonder why such a deep discount so soon. Have the upper tier Sony OLEDs ever been $1,000 off, even in the fall?

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
That’s a crazy price. I wonder why such a deep discount so soon.
The regular prices at AAFES are the same prices that were posted by VE back in March. The 65" has already dropped to that price everywhere, but the 55" and 77" haven't. In other words, we should probably expect the 55" and 77" to soon drop to $1900 and $4000 respectively. I'm surprised by the AAFES sale price on the 77", but it doesn't seem quite as shocking when you think of it in that context (a temporary reduction from $4000, which will probably become MSRP soon).

FWIW, I saw on reddit that people were able to get good prices on the Sony models through Video Only. We don't have that chain in my area, but for people who do, it might be worth checking there. The specific prices reported were $2300 for the 65A80J and $3400 for the 65A90J.

·
Registered
478 Posts
The regular prices at AAFES are the same prices that were posted by VE back in March. The 65" has already dropped to that price everywhere, but the 55" and 77" haven't. In other words, we should probably expect the 55" and 77" to soon drop to $1900 and $4000 respectively. I'm surprised by the AAFES sale price on the 77", but it doesn't seem quite as shocking when you think of it in that context (a temporary reduction from $4000, which will probably become MSRP soon).

FWIW, I saw on reddit that people were able to get good prices on the Sony models through Video Only. We don't have that chain in my area, but for people who do, it might be worth checking there. The specific prices reported were $2300 for the 65A80J and $3400 for the 65A90J.
So basically, you’re saying that we are seeing the summer price on the 77” a bit earlier than expected.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Excellent $1000 off MSRP plus NO TAX & FREE SHIPPING on the 77” Sony A80J FOR ACTIVE DUTY, RETIRED and PRIOR SERVICE military members. AAFES/the exchange

$3499 SHIPPED
Thanks for posting! Just ordered, there were two left!

·
Registered
XR83A90J, XBR65Z9D, XBR48A9S, Sony HT-A9/SW5, PANASONIC UB820, SONY PS5
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Yes I too believe the MSRP of the 77” will drop to $3999.99 in a week or two at all retailers and will stay at that point til Black Friday where it will most likely go to $3499.99

·
Registered
197 Posts
You may want to explain what AAFES is so us civies don’t think we’re going to run out and purchase at this price.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
You may want to explain what AAFES is so us civies don’t think we’re going to run out and purchase at this price.
People can post deals from any retailer in this thread, but the OP that mentions an AAFES deal does say "FOR ACTIVE DUTY, RETIRED and PRIOR SERVICE military members."

·
Registered
81 Posts

o_O mind sharing the post or subreddit it was posted on?

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
For anyone that ordered this deal, where did yours ship from? My tracking info from fragilePak doesn't state that.

·
Registered
12,065 Posts
For anyone that ordered this deal, where did yours ship from? My tracking info from fragilePak doesn't state that.
The last update on mine is “order in transit” as of 04-30. No other info regarding pickup location etc.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
The last update on mine is “order in transit” as of 04-30. No other info regarding pickup location etc.
Mine says picked up May 4th. And then estimated time I can schedule delivery between tuesday the 11th to thursday the 13th.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Video Only has the 83A90J available for pre-order at only $7k. They will also negotiate even lower than the price they have on their "sheet". I pre-ordered one today for $6,640 including a 5-year warranty (though their warranty doesn't cover burn-in).

Anyone who has a Video Only in their area should seriously check them out. They also are selling the 77A80J for $3500 (they might go lower, because that's just the sheet price).

·
Registered
12,065 Posts
Mine says picked up May 4th. And then estimated time I can schedule delivery between tuesday the 11th to thursday the 13th.
12th to 15th here I live in Ohio

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
12th to 15th here I live in Ohio
forgot to add i'm in oregon. So based on our pick up times and estimated delivery dates i'd guess it's shipping from somewhere in the southwest.

·
Registered
12,065 Posts
forgot to add i'm in oregon. So based on our pick up times and estimated delivery dates i'd guess it's shipping from somewhere in the southwest.
Could be I guess we shall see. From previous purchase if I recall it was shipped out of Dallas .

1 - 20 of 874 Posts