AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new 2021 flagship information has leaked and its something new in the industry of mini led. The TV sizes are not confirmed and will be talked about on the 11th, I'm hearing 65,75, and 85 maybe. It should be better than both Sony and Samsung led tvs at half the cost.

Here is more information.

·
Registered
174 Posts
hmmm... excited to hear about these. I assume that one of the models mentioned will be the new 6 series with some upgrades. Going to be a hard choice on TV's right now with the almost guaranteed upgrades to HDMI 2.1 and VRR most likely on these sets?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Thank for starting this thread!

Found this:

Go to 23:15 - 25:15 in the video! Discusses TCL OD ZERO leak!

·
Registered
174 Posts
The new 2021 flagship information has leaked and its something new in the industry of mini led. The TV sizes are not confirmed and will be talked about on the 11th, I'm hearing 65,75, and 85 maybe. It should be better than both Sony and Samsung led tvs at half the cost.

Here is more information.
Stop the FOMO breifly discussed the leak in his Sony release video for 2021... he thinks the 65" Could be priced qu
Found this:

Go to 23:15 - 25:15 in the video! Discusses TCL OD ZERO leak!
Yup I watched it today.... if this new tech can truly be sub 2K for the 65" like he predicts, I know what my next tv is going to be!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hopefully its 12 bit color like samsungs too because its the same tech and improve hdmi 2.1 features and new chip with better dimming algorithm

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Interesting hopefully they have a good dimming algorithm to go with all those zones, sounds like they have been lacking in the past in that department. If they are firing on all cylinders this year they could take a good chunk of the higher end LCD market with Sony making what appears to be minor updates and Vizio continuing on with their last year TVs.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Really excited to see what TCL announces on Monday. Hoping we finally get that elusive 85 inch offering from them. With the information that’s been announced from the other big brands thus far being a bit underwhelming, TCL has an opportunity to have the best non-OLED TV offerings of 2021. Pricing will also be a major factor. This is a rare case where I’m looking forward to Monday. Thank you to those who shared the bit of leaked TCL information with the forum.

·
Banned
102 Posts
Really excited to see what TCL announces on Monday. Hoping we finally get that elusive 85 inch offering from them. With the information that’s been announced from the other big brands thus far being a bit underwhelming, TCL has an opportunity to have the best non-OLED TV offerings of 2021. Pricing will also be a major factor. This is a rare case where I’m looking forward to Monday. Thank you to those who shared the bit of leaked TCL information with the forum.
Seriously, underhelming? LG anounced QNED and Samsung anounced Neo series. It sounds like both have much better specs and PQ than what was provided by TCL so far and considering the level of QC they do on their TV, this is definitely competition between LG and Samsung and maybe Sony not with budget brands like TCL, Hisense and Vizio. But not to worry, TCL is going to announce something in budget category too, so even if you can't afford premium TVs, you still can get an upgrade this year.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Seriously, underhelming? LG anounced QNED and Samsung anounced Neo series. It sounds like both have much better specs and PQ than what was provided by TCL so far and considering the level of QC they do on their TV, this is definitely competition between LG and Samsung and maybe Sony not with budget brands like TCL, Hisense and Vizio. But not to worry, TCL is going to announce something in budget category too, so even if you can't afford premium TVs, you still can get an upgrade this year.
While the Samsung offerings may entice some I’m disappointed that they refuse to adopt Dolby Vision. I’ve been under the impression that LG’s non OLED offerings have been underwhelming in years past but maybe that will change with their new QNEDs. I currently have an LG 65” OLED B9 and while its a great TV I’d like to get a bigger TV for my living room and not have to be as concerned about burn in which is why a TCL Mini LED offering is enticing to me. Even with all the announcements upcoming next week I’ll wait for the dust to settle and for some professional reviews to be released before deciding which route to go. I’m just hopeful that TCL announces a TV that I can consider for my next living room display.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
You're mistaken. This is the same stuff Samsung is hyping. TCL is making a lot of the Samsung mini-LED displays. But TCL will sell it for less and get it to stores sooner.

View the FOMO leak I posted above. It's only 2 minutes. He discusses it, points it seems Samsung and TCL are sharing the same technology. Rumors a couple months ago Samsung was buying up to 2 million TCL displays... If true, NOW we know why!

=====
October 2020:
I told people about Samsung buying TCL panels on Thursday in the TCL 8 series forum. The panels will be the the same 2021 TCL panels used in their own tvs but Samsung will be upgrading all the hardware and price lol. The Q70 Q80 Q90 will all be mini led, the Q60 is still up in the air but if they do go Q60 it will be the same mini led in the 2021 6 series TCL. This information was given to me Thursday, just sharing it.

·
Banned
102 Posts
You're mistaken. This is the same stuff Samsung is hyping. TCL is making a lot of the Samsung mini-LED displays. But TCL will sell it for less and get it to stores sooner.

View the FOMO leak I posted above. It's only 2 minutes.
I think you are clearly mistaken. TCL does not make any Samsung premium panels, it has agreement to produce budget Samsung panels. Samsung did not trust Chinese companies to produce it's premium line of TVs, it was given to Taiwan firm AUO - Samsung's 2021 TVs to use LCD panels from TCL, AUO & possibly Sharp. TCL has horrible QC, engineering flaws, so it is not a competition to Samsung premium TVs, it is only competition to Hisense, Vizio, and budget models of Samsung/LG/Sony etc. Obviously, you get what you pay for....:)

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I think you are clearly mistaken. TCL does not make any Samsung premium panels, it has agreement to produce budget Samsung panels. Samsung did not trust Chinese companies to produce it's premium line of TVs, it was given to Taiwan firm AUO - Samsung's 2021 TVs to use LCD panels from TCL, AUO & possibly Sharp. TCL has horrible QC, engineering flaws, so it is not a competition to Samsung premium TVs, it is only competition to Hisense, Vizio, and budget models of Samsung/LG/Sony etc. Obviously, you get what you pay for....:)
Go view the FOMO video. If it's not the same panels, then it's the same technology. My statement stands.

By the way, TCL owns a display manufacturer which does not go by the name "TCL". They make parts for other big name manufacturers.

This OD ZERO is going to be fantastic.

But you got banned from one thread for coming in and trashing TCL. Why are you doing it again?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
That's laughable. Your orinigal statement was purely not true "TCL is making a lot of the Samsung mini-LED displays." And saying now that it does not matter since it is the same technology does not make it true. 🤣🤣🤣
I stand by my statement that TCL is making a lot of mini-LED displays for Samsung for their 2021 TVs. Whether they are this OD ZERO or not, I don't know. But it seems to be from the description of the Samsung TVs?

IF not, then it's obviously the same technology that TLC and Samsung have. (Seems to be an advanced version of Vidrian.) And just coincidentally TCL then is making OTHER mini-LEDs for Samsung? Realistically it would seem TCL answer is more logical since there were already reports a couple of months ago TCL display manufacturer was making panels for Samsung this year.

I can tell you still haven't gone to watch the TCL portion of the FOMO video. :)

You seem to have a poisonous hatred of TCL so maybe best you stay away from their new tech and model announcements for your blood pressure?

OD ZERO TRADEMARK application:

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
Sounds like interesting technology, I'll be interested to see what this is all about even though I won't be in the TV market for a while.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
18,221 Posts
Bickering removed, infractions issues. Discuss the topic and not each other. Please DO NOT QUOTE offensive posts as it makes more work for us.

Questions or comments? PM me. Do NOT post those here.

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
Bickering removed, infractions issues. Discuss the topic and not each other. Please DO NOT QUOTE offensive posts as it makes more work for us.

Questions or comments? PM me. Do NOT post those here.
Thank you sir. This was a great and interesting thread.
Interesting technology all around. I have the Mini-Led 6 series from this year or I guess I should say last year, 2020. As soon as you buy something, new tech comes out and wish you waited but you can do that forever and never end up with anything so I'm still very happy with 6 series..

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 279 Posts