AVS Forum banner

101 - 120 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Ummm. You are the one that argued about it. I asked a very simple question and you came in with your chest all puffed out becase someone had an opinon that differed from yours. That's the fact of the matter. Sorry that what I would prefer isn't the same as what YOU or anyone else prefers. It's an opinion. You can stop flexing your virtual ego at any time. Mkay? Thanks.

I also don't care what the price of a 55" is. I will be looking at a 75". So there goes your argument.

I already told you that once. You ignored it. Maybe you read it this time.

That's where the 75" pricing comparison came from. Do you not understand that?

Artificial upscaling is still upscaling. You trash on my statement then admit you have zero idea about TCL's upscaling? LOL!
LOL yourself. Mkay?

You started the argument against 8K and are still continuing. I have researched 8K thoroughly.

I merely said I don't know about TCL's iteration of 8K upscaling -- as they have not released an 8K TV yet! I do know quite a bit about 8K and AI upscaling for 8K from other manufacturers like Samsung.

No one is forcing you to buy TCL 2021 TVs.

And for the record TCL couldn't care less your opinion. I'm just trying to explain their choice from a business perspective.

I'm excited by these 8K release announcements. TCL is doing consumers a favor!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Vincent with HDTVTest posted a video today covering more of the TCL announcements and at about the 6 minute mark of his video titled “TCL 2021 6 Series Mini LED is 8K Only - The Beginning of the End for 4K?” he covered the XL 85 inch line of TVs. As previously speculated on and Randy has since shared, Vincent claims the 3 85” models will be a 5 Series, an unannounced 7 Series (QLED 4K) and an unannounced 8/9 Series (Mini LED 8K). I’m hopeful that the price points and time frames for releases Randy has been told by his source hold up.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Interesting hopefully they have a good dimming algorithm to go with all those zones, sounds like they have been lacking in the past in that department. If they are firing on all cylinders this year they could take a good chunk of the higher end LCD market with Sony making what appears to be minor updates and Vizio continuing on with their last year TVs.
I assume they have gotten their hands on that technology by now through their connection to the state/cyber espionage. Just being frank. Hey, I don't mind buying a state subsidised television. I don't judge. It's up to our governments to stop that from happening, not ours to avoid the financial benefits.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
I assume they have gotten their hands on that technology by now through their connection to the state/cyber espionage. Just being frank. Hey, I don't mind buying a state subsidised television. I don't judge. It's up to our governments to stop that from happening, not ours to avoid the financial benefits.
To the consumer its just another TV by a manufacturer. No one is going to look into it or care. Its just a TV, the size is right, the price is right and they buy a TV with a TCL badge on it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
334 Posts
8k is no friend of the consumer! Forget about upscaling and all that mumbo jumbo!!! It's basically an excuse for manufacturers to charge consumers more when there is no real benefit and most of the time when it comes to LCD you are way worse off with 8K. The argument of you are not forced to buy, is a weak deflection from the substance of the argument. If you are in the market for a top tier flagship LCD television you are absolutely forced to buy. The manufacturers deemed 4k as outdated and you need 8k to enjoy the highest spec on a televsion.

I can go on a rant of upscaling, no content, actual perceivable difference but that isn't my biggest concern. My biggest problem with 8K when it comes to LCD is that the panel blocks about 30% of light output. That is F---in outrageous! So either you have a dimmer panel or you have to crank electricity and brightness way up just to be equal and then you have to control that extra light and heat! Secondly they sell this garbage at a premium! People fall for this hook line and sinker! I guess TCL selling an 8K panel cheaply will bring down the prices of 8K but then we are still stuck with 8k being the standard. Once other self emitting technologies that don't suffer from reduced light output come out it wont really matter anymore but for LCD... Common take this garbage elsewhere. They are literally castrating a television to give you 8K.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
My biggest problem with 8K when it comes to LCD is that the panel blocks about 30% of light output. That is F---in outrageous! So either you have a dimmer panel or you have to crank electricity and brightness way up just to be equal and then you have to control that extra light and heat! Secondly they sell this garbage at a premium!
You're wrong about part of that. With the 8-Series 8K due to OD ZERO technology, you have super brightness. So you can easily go 8K.

OD Zero also reduces the distance between the mini-LED backlight layer and the LCD display layer to 0mm, so you get an unbelievably high brightness and deep contrast from an ultra-slim display.

At least for the 8-Series which will have this new OD ZERO technology. I don't know about the 2021 6-Series.

Not sure what TCL is doing for the 6-Series to compensate for brightness but I do NOT care.

Why are you trying to turn this thread into a rant against 8K? They've made their plans and arguing here won't change anything. I plan on buying TCL 8K this year. Go somewhere else and argue, PLEASE. This thread is about new OD ZERO releases, not arguing pros and cons of better display resolution.

·
Registered
334 Posts
You're wrong about part of that. With the 8-Series 8K due to OD ZERO technology, you have super brightness. So you can easily go 8K.

At least for the 8-Series which will have this new OD ZERO technology. I don't know about the 2021 6-Series.

Not sure what TCL is doing for the 6-Series to compensate for brightness but I do NOT care.

Why are you trying to turn this thread into a rant against 8K? They've made their plans and arguing here won't change anything. I plan on buying TCL 8K this year. Go somewhere else and argue, PLEASE. This thread is about new OD ZERO releases, not arguing pros and cons of better display resolution.
Dont play the saint here! When you have several posts about 8k. 8K is very relevant to the discussion. This is my opinion and I'm not too concerned if you dont care for them. There is too much of trying to shut down opposing viewpoints here! Go delete all your 8k posts if you are so concerned about it then we can move on to other topics. Or mods please delete all this 8k! But I will loudly state against all opposition that 8K is bad for LCD! This is a bad trend for lcd and maybe if more people were aware of it the push for it would stop.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Dont play the saint here! When you have several posts about 8k. 8K is very relevant to the discussion. This is my opinion and I'm not too concerned if you dont care for them. There is too much of trying to shut down opposing viewpoints here! Go delete all your 8k posts if you are so concerned about it then we can move on to other topics. Or mods please delete all this 8k! But I will loudly state against all opposition that 8K is bad for LCD! This is a bad trend for lcd and maybe if more people were aware of it the push for it would stop.
Now that you've stated it for the 1000th time, please shut up about it.

This thread isn't a discussion of pros and cons of 8K. You're trying to turn it into that.

You're bashing TCL. All the TCL threads attract TCL haters for some reason and mods have to clear them out.

·
Registered
304 Posts
8k is no friend of the consumer! Forget about upscaling and all that mumbo jumbo!!! It's basically an excuse for manufacturers to charge consumers more when there is no real benefit and most of the time when it comes to LCD you are way worse off with 8K. The argument of you are not forced to buy, is a weak deflection from the substance of the argument. If you are in the market for a top tier flagship LCD television you are absolutely forced to buy. The manufacturers deemed 4k as outdated and you need 8k to enjoy the highest spec on a televsion.

I can go on a rant of upscaling, no content, actual perceivable difference but that isn't my biggest concern. My biggest problem with 8K when it comes to LCD is that the panel blocks about 30% of light output. That is F---in outrageous! So either you have a dimmer panel or you have to crank electricity and brightness way up just to be equal and then you have to control that extra light and heat! Secondly they sell this garbage at a premium! People fall for this hook line and sinker! I guess TCL selling an 8K panel cheaply will bring down the prices of 8K but then we are still stuck with 8k being the standard. Once other self emitting technologies that don't suffer from reduced light output come out it wont really matter anymore but for LCD... Common take this garbage elsewhere. They are literally castrating a television to give you 8K.
The Samsung q900 is brighter than the Sony 950h

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I'm looking forward to tcl sending out these and the new 6 series sets to the reviewers.
Yes!

I'm waiting for the 8K 8-Series to be reviewed, with this OD ZERO technology. I'll probably get the 75" 8K 8-Series. Can't fit the 85" XL 8K 8-Series in the space I have.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Now that you've stated it for the 1000th time, please shut up about it.

This thread isn't a discussion of pros and cons of 8K. You're trying to turn it into that.

You're bashing TCL. All the TCL threads attract TCL haters for some reason and mods have to clear them out.
Dude take your own advise and shut up about it! Please go back and delete all your post mentioning 8k.

The 6 series going 8K isn't an upgrade! Hopefully they actually improved other aspects of this tv and we have a worthy upgrade. I fear that dangling shiny objects in front of some is all it takes for their success.

TCL is talking a big game but they basically showed nothing. I feel like their top offerings wont be ready for a while... Remember Vidrian? Hopefully they show something solid soon because an animation of small led's isn't cutting it! We will start seeing hands on reviews of the major brands soon.. Will TCL be just another pipe dream? I say this as someone who has been waiting for a while for the right tv.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Dude take your own advise and shut up about it! Please go back and delete all your post mentioning 8k.

The 6 series going 8K isn't an upgrade! Hopefully they actually improved other aspects of this tv and we have a worthy upgrade. I fear that dangling shiny objects in front of some is all it takes for their success.

TCL is talking a big game but they basically showed nothing. I feel like their top offerings wont be ready for a while... Remember Vidrian? Hopefully they show something solid soon because an animation of small led's isn't cutting it! We will start seeing hands on reviews of the major brands soon.. Will TCL be just another pipe dream? I say this as someone who has been waiting for a while for the right tv.
We all -- plural, everybody in this thread -- mentioned 8K because most of TCL's TVs were going to 8K. What isn't relevant is debating whether that is good or bad. Because they are doing it, no matter how you feel.

You've now said 1,001 times that you hate 8K. You've made your point, so shut up about it. We do NOT care if you hate 8K. TCL doesn't care either.

If you do not intend to buy any 2021 TCL TVs or want more information about them, go pester other people.

I'm buying the 75" 8K 8-Series myself when it's released 2nd half of this year. Go find the OTHER brand TV you wish to buy. You've made it clear it won't be TCL.

·
Registered
334 Posts
We all -- plural, everybody in this thread -- mentioned 8K because most of TCL's TVs were going to 8K. What isn't relevant is debating whether that is good or bad. Because they are doing it, no matter how you feel.

You've now said 1,001 times that you hate 8K. You've made your point, so shut up about it. We do NOT care if you hate 8K. TCL doesn't care either.

If you do not intend to buy any 2021 TCL TVs or want more information about them, go pester other people.

I'm buying the 75" 8K 8-Series myself. Go find the OTHER brand TV you wish to buy. You've made it clear it won't be TCL.

Dude! Why do you keep talking to me and for me! Dont be so concerned about my beliefs! I didnt mean to offend your loyalty to TCL and your love of 8k!

I am actually rooting for TCL to actually outperform one of the big names! They have come close but fell short. You really dont find it odd that youve already announced blind allegiance to a product that doesn't even exist yet? We are basically here talking nonsense because we know nothing yet! Maybe it's just me but I expected a lot more. Nothing is owed to me so I hope we get more information soon. I am someone that has been waiting for this year to make a big TV purchase and I am sure I am not the only one in this situation. TCL needs to put something out there for people that have held out for this long other than an animation. I am pretty sure they read this forum so I am trying to make the case that now is not the time to be secretive.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Dude! Why do you keep talking to me and for me! Dont be so concerned about my beliefs! I didnt mean to offend your loyalty to TCL and your love of 8k!

I am actually rooting for TCL to actually outperform one of the big names! They have come close but fell short. You really dont find it odd that youve already announced blind allegiance to a product that doesn't even exist yet? We are basically here talking nonsense because we know nothing yet! Maybe it's just me but I expected a lot more. Nothing is owed to me so I hope we get more information soon. I am someone that has been waiting for this year to make a big TV purchase and I am sure I am not the only one in this situation. TCL needs to put something out there for people that have held out for this long other than an animation. I am pretty sure they read this forum so I am trying to make the case that now is not the time to be secretive.
You act like these were promised to be coming to the stores next week.

Maybe you need to re-read the press release. Only the 85" 4K 4-Series is expected by the end of this quarter. The rest, including the 8K 6-Series and 8K 8-Series will be coming by the end of this year.

The OD ZERO for the 8K 8-Series is big. It's game changing.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Let's wait and see, before we start saying its a game changer...
Many bloggers are already saying that, having been given inside information and specs.

Very technical:

·
Premium Member
6,530 Posts
Edit: nice video, but what does this prove right now...my statement still stands.

101 - 120 of 272 Posts