AVS Forum banner

121 - 140 of 279 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,534 Posts
^ok...and your point is? Every year we hear the same thing...I need to see to believe it, TCL still needs to improve its processing.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yeah excuse my rashness but I really feel like they need to put up or shut up! I guess I was expecting more! I fully acknowledge I am owed nothing here but I am someone that has been waiting on the sideline waiting for my big purchase. I suppose in the grand scheme of things I do not matter but it wouldnt hurt to put something a little more substantial out there. Do it TCL!!!!!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
^ok...and your point is? Every year we hear the same thing...I need to see to believe it, TCL still needs to improve its processing.
That I already explained, so no need to ask a question already answered in the post you just read?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Edit: nice video, but what does this prove right now...my statement still stands.
So does mine. ;). And you didn't watch all 15 minutes.

There's others too. One has actually seen these products and has engineering level information.

·
Premium Member
6,534 Posts
^I've owned a TCL, I don't need your explanation🙄 I'm happy for though👍

·
Premium Member
6,534 Posts
Tell me @ChazzMatt what experience do you have with it besides what videos from Vincent you've seen online...seems the koolaid is really good here🤣

·
Premium Member
6,534 Posts
I totally agree! This hobby that should be all fun has become cut throat! There are a lot of agendas out there!
Yeah TCL should focus more on processing, color accuracy, and quality control...what's wrong with that?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
^and you have??? Tell me @ChazzMatt what experience do you have with it besides what videos from Vincent you've seen online...seems the koolaid is really good here
Nah, I'm not getting personal. But I'm very tired of TCL haters showing up in TCL threads.

@randy1911 was nice enough to leak this information before CES. He had leaked other information months ago and every time it's been correct.

All your buddy can say is he hates 8K, over and over and over... After that he has no interest in even buying TCL TVs. Whereas I do.

·
Premium Member
6,534 Posts
^you did tell another member here to shut up right? Its funny that you mention TCL haters...who is hating??? All I said was let's wait and see.

Who is my buddy??? This isn't an owners thread, folks can express an opinion...its seems you are trying to silence people that don't share your opinion. Heres a tip use the ignore feature.

Reactions: KD8118

·
Super Moderator
16,256 Posts
Stop the bickering and discuss the display or posting privileges in this thread will be removed.

·
Registered
339 Posts
^you did tell another member here to shut up right? Its funny that you mention TCL haters...who is hating??? All I said was let's wait and see.
Yeah man, I almost feel like hes a plant making sure people stay in line! A little dissent is healthy once in a while.

I will try to make this positive once again! I truly wish TCL succeeds and eats Samsung's lunch... We shall see!

·
Premium Member
6,534 Posts
^if they were to just work on their processing. Its nice that they are introducing this new tech...but work on the other aspects of pq...like making regular cable look decent, ot color accuracy...maybe some decent panels.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I apologize for the bickering...

Now when can we expect to see a hands on review of one of these 8 series televisions?
Probably 2nd half of this year. At CES, manufacturers announce products they intend to release throughout the year. They say May/June, but assume 2nd half. ;)

OK now I can't release some info insiders info brought to me, I don't know how true it is but everything I was told came true so far. If you look at my earlier post prior to today everything was true so I'm not going to doubt it now.

The xl collection and pricing
4 series 85" under 1600.00 dollars release date late March
5 series 85" under 2000.00 dollars release date late April/May
8 series 85" under 3300.00 dollars release date late May/June
(US market series equivalent)
I do not know the exact pricing but all the information is tentative.

The 6 series 8k is going to be 55, 65, 75 inch. Pricing starting at around 999.99 dollars maxing out at under 2000 dollars.

TCL has another super high end tv that will launch 4qtr 2021 the info is super tight on it but it's ultra high end and has all the tech announcements from today plus much more.

The ultra high end is not the 8 series, the 8 series is the third version of the xl collection. The 8k 8 series is will be the top TV until late 4qtr. The 8 series is TCL official flagship, know as od zero overseas. The 8 series is 8k only. There is no more 4k 8 series it was shelved.

Knowing TCL it might not even launch that super high end unannounced TV in a America in 2021 but it will be announced somewhere in 2021. The super high end TV has nothing to do with today's announcements. It's unannounced.

·
Premium Member
6,534 Posts
Now when can we expect to see a hands on review of one of these 8 series televisions?

A few months more than likely...Im sure this TV will be a priority.

·
Registered
339 Posts
So this can be an end of the year thing? If my memory serves correct didn't the first 8 series come out in November-December? I would hope they put some kind of prototype out there for review so we can know if it's worth the wait. I have been waiting for so long and I dont buy televisions often, so I want to get this right. My next high dollar television purchase will be with me for a minimum of 5 years.

·
Premium Member
6,534 Posts
I have been waiting for so long and I dont buy televisions often, so I want to get this right. My next high dollar television purchase will be with me for a minimum of 5 years.
This is 💯 why I take the wait and see approach and see em in the wild with reviews. This years Vizio PQX was a disaster out the gate...and I fell for the kool-aid. Who knows on the 8 series...they may release it sooner than you think.

121 - 140 of 279 Posts