AVS Forum banner
5401 - 5420 of 6674 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Vizio has received overwhelming feedback regarding these bugs/issues(power issue/luminance, etc). Yet, they still pay to send a tech out 2-3 times knowing full well it can't be fixed! Baffling.
Not sure if it’s overwhelming, if it was I’m pretty sure these issues would’ve been fixed by now. Some people don’t even notice the power issue or the luminance bug. I’m pretty sure the power issue is probably under reported as it mainly has to do with gaming. If people don’t game at 4k120 they most likely won’t notice any power issue if any.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not sure if it’s overwhelming, if it was I’m pretty sure these issues would’ve been fixed by now. Some people don’t even notice the power issue or the luminance bug. I’m pretty sure the power issue is probably under reported as it mainly has to do with gaming. If people don’t game at 4k120 they most likely won’t notice any power issue if any.
Yep! Inventory issues for next-gen consoles, high prices if you can find them, gamers who don't need a new TV yet, gamers who've been scared off buying OLED, people who just returned the TV without contacting Vizio, etc. There are likely not many of us. We're first adopters several times over (new console, new TV, new HDMI tech). This is unfortunately how it goes sometimes/often.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm still here if anyone remembers me?:/ Was pretty sure the TV would be in excellent shape by now, but it's only made it to "barely acceptable" quality, which is saddening.
Admittedly, it has MUCH improved since launch, but a few big issues still exist.
I hear they are working on one (straight from them, but no release timeframe). This would be the no image on PS5 boot issue (requires input toggle right now).

·
Registered
954 Posts
I'm still here if anyone remembers me?:/ Was pretty sure the TV would be in excellent shape by now, but it's only made it to "barely acceptable" quality, which is saddening.
Admittedly, it has MUCH improved since launch, but a few big issues still exist.
I hear they are working on one (straight from them, but no release timeframe). This would be the no image on PS5 boot issue (requires input toggle right now).
even input toggle doesn’t work for me most of the time. Have to reboot tv to get PS5 picture.

Reactions: petmic10

·
Registered
361 Posts
Vizio Support responded to my video on Reddit of the power issue with this:

"Hi, Everyone. Our software team is looking into this. I don't have a time frame for when it may resolved but your TV will download any updates as they become available if the TV is connected to the internet.

Let's also make sure that your TV's firmware is up to date. What firmware version is your TV using?

Thanks!"

So of course my question is if this is a known software issue why are they still wanting to send a technician to my house?

·
Premium Member
8,159 Posts

"Hi, Everyone. Our software team is looking into this. I don't have a time frame for when it may resolved but your TV will download any updates as they become available if the TV is connected to the internet.

Let's also make sure that your TV's firmware is up to date. What firmware version is your TV using?

Thanks!"

So of course my question is if this is a known software issue why are they still wanting to send a technician to my house?
Ask them when you answer their question on reddit.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Thanks!"

Maybe they just want to make absolutely sure you're not doing something dumb, or that there isn't an actual hardware problem with your set.

It's also possible that Vizio has a standard protocol for warranty repair requests, and they either don't care whether or not it's a known software issue or there's not an established actionable communication link between the warranty people and the tech people. When a company gets big enough you tend to see a lot of those left hand/right hand communication lapses.

·
Registered
954 Posts

Thanks!"

They responded to another Reddit post with the same response virtually verbatim. At least maybe they’ll be more present on Reddit.

Reactions: WES2006AG

·
Premium Member
8,159 Posts
I just noticed something while watching YouTubeTV which up until now, has always been in stereo. I was watching the smartcast app, and switched the AUDIO on the TV from Digital output to AUTO (the choices were PCM, DIGITAL, AUTO). As soon as I switched it to auto, my Vizio soundbar and the info display on the TV showed Dolby Digital. Now, the soundbar is actually in Dolby Digital, as only the center speaker is outputting dialog. EIther YouTubeTV is switching over to DD, or there is a bug (feature?) in the Smartcast system that fools the soundbar into thinking stereo is dolby.
Anyone else notice this? BTW, it doesnt work on YouTube. Its still stereo.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks for the informative reply.

Let us know what you think of the C1 when you get it all set up.
After spending the weekend with the C1, I can honestly say what a night and day difference. If you thought Vizio PQ was good. The C1? Even more so. The sharpness and clarity of it all is truly amazing. I couldn't help but tell myself that I should have gone with LG since the get. The CX is comparable but C1 has the new Evo panel (even though it's software limiting by LG, confirmed by D-NICE) The best part? We can turn off Peak Luminance, the TV powers on without having to pull the plug, it identified all my devices immediately and with game optimizer, really makes gaming that much better. With Vizios 120 hz gaming, it was OK when you didn't have to reboot the tv to get signal back... but on the LG, Picture quality just looks better in comparison. VRR actually WORKS, 120hz handshaking issue is no more. It's funny to see how much you adjust with something that was 50% working to 100% working. I literally didn't have to do much to have a functional TV. Watching movies on the LG C1 is also great. My wife who doesn't even care about stuff like this says she saw a major improvement picture quality wise while watching Mortal Kombat and Interstellar. Motion is very good as well. Good stuff!! There is my report!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,416 ·
After spending the weekend with the C1, I can honestly say what a night and day difference. If you thought Vizio PQ was good. The C1? Even more so. The sharpness and clarity of it all is truly amazing. I couldn't help but tell myself that I should have gone with LG since the get. The CX is comparable but C1 has the new Evo panel (even though it's software limiting by LG, confirmed by D-NICE) The best part? We can turn off Peak Luminance, the TV powers on without having to pull the plug, it identified all my devices immediately and with game optimizer, really makes gaming that much better. With Vizios 120 hz gaming, it was OK when you didn't have to reboot the tv to get signal back... but on the LG, Picture quality just looks better in comparison. VRR actually WORKS, 120hz handshaking issue is no more. It's funny to see how much you adjust with something that was 50% working to 100% working. I literally didn't have to do much to have a functional TV. Watching movies on the LG C1 is also great. My wife who doesn't even care about stuff like this says she saw a major improvement picture quality wise while watching Mortal Kombat and Interstellar. Motion is very good as well. Good stuff!! There is my report!
Thanks for updating.

Glad you are enjoying your new tv.

Reactions: lostmymarbles

·
Registered
361 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I am hoping to go with LG if Vizio ever lets me out of the current TV hell that I am in. I really just want something that works and for now that seems like LG.

I have my first VIZIO replacement coming soon so I am hoping it won't be too long before I can join you with a working TV.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Wait! U forgot to mention it costs $1000 more!

5401 - 5420 of 6674 Posts