AVS Forum banner

6201 - 6210 of 6210 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
It is on some PC games which he also mentioned. It has also been 9 months without a fix, gaming and this TV don’t currently mix.
Gaming* and this TV don't mix.

*Gaming at 120hz on the Xbox Series X. VRR also doesn't work. Gaming at 60hz regardless of platform and at 120hz on non-Xbox platforms works just fine.

Fixed it! It's just misleading to say gaming doesn't mix.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Gaming* and this TV don't mix.

*Gaming at 120hz on the Xbox Series X. VRR also doesn't work. Gaming at 60hz regardless of platform and at 120hz on non-Xbox platforms works just fine.

Fixed it! It's just misleading to say gaming doesn't mix.
Lol ok hope you feel better. Also 4K 120 doesn’t work, it’s inserting frames, only [email protected] works, regardless of platform. So no it doesn’t mix with gaming, especially PC where 120 frames it normal.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Lol ok hope you feel better. Also 4K 120 doesn’t work, it’s inserting frames, only [email protected] works, regardless of platform. So no it doesn’t mix with gaming, especially PC where 120 frames it normal.
I game on a TCL 3 series at 60hz that I use as a monitor for my PC. No one would accuse it of being a gaming tv, yet that's what it spends over half it's time doing. I can see where it's not 100% smooth if I'm thinking about it, but since I'm not acclimated to 120hz and don't play competitive games that much it's never been an issue for me at all, nor do I have any real desire to upgrade. There are those for whom cutting edge gaming features are an absolute must, those who could care less, and everything in between. It seems silly to speak in such absolutes about something that ultimately comes down to personal preference.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Refresh rates above 60hz is still reserved for 1% of pc gamers despite what the internet would have you believe. High refresh rate monitors aside, the vast majority of people don't, and probably wouldn't even consider, using an oled TV for their pc.

Yes it's unfortunate and disappointing that these tvs don't do what they're advertised to do, but the people who are affected are an incredibly tiny minority, I'm sorry to say.

·
Registered
904 Posts
My 65" should be here within 4 hours. Praying I get a good panel. I was so disappointed in the LG CX.
My 55 h1 is a perfect panel. My costco 65 lg CX panel is perfect as well. Very happy with both.

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
My 55 h1 is a perfect panel. My costco 65 lg CX panel is perfect as well. Very happy with both.
Glad you got a good CX. It had a lot more controls, and I did like the option to dim static logos, but Ill stick with the Vizio, pick up a 5 yr warranty, and I am done with TV buying... Well, I have one TCL 32" in the kids room that hasnt died yet like the last two, but that will be the last one when it kicks the bucket.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Glad you got a good CX. It had a lot more controls, and I did like the option to dim static logos, but Ill stick with the Vizio, pick up a 5 yr warranty, and I am done with TV buying... Well, I have one TCL 32" in the kids room that hasnt died yet like the last two, but that will be the last one when it kicks the bucket.
I was really tempted to get the 65 vizio at the 1499 special but figured it would be more fun to experience an entirely new TV and remote, os,etc,etc....I've still got 60 more days to return it, but unless costco has 77inch on clearance, I'm keeping it. Vizio 55h1 is now in my spare room.

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
They had the 65" Sony A8H on sale for prime day for $100 more than the Vizio, but it wasnt worth the hassle to return a perfect screen and take a chance on another one, and I still hold out hope Vizio will eventually fix the bugs...not that they affect me watching TV, and so far, after a day, the 55" I replaced the 65" with hasnt caused an issue with the kids PS5 or RTX2080 yet. He sure is thrilled having a 55" gaming monitor. If he does have to unplug it (we put a power switch on his desk in case he needs to power cycle it).

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'd be curious to see pics of slides if you're so inclined, simply due to the fact that my CX looks decent by CX standards, but looks like a nightmare compared to the pics I've seen of petmic10 and Davenlr's H1s. I didn't look too hard when I had it, but the H1 I returned didn't have any glaring issues with uniformity or viewing angle. My CX is better than an led, but there's noticeable vignetting and the off axis color shift is much more pronounced to the point where if I sit one couch cushion to the left or right I can see the white balance go from warm to cool as I track across to the opposite side.

Panel issues aside, after 2.5 months fighting with the picture settings I decided I'm just not a fan of LG's picture processing. The absolute contrast is there, but it somehow manages to look flat and lifeless in a lot of scenes compared to old led/plasmas I have with a mere fraction of the contrast. It always seems to look blurry or oversharpened. SDR color is abysmal compared to my plasma. There's too much black crush. Granted, I'm picky when it comes to pq, especially on a tv this expensive, but my CX is nowhere near the quality I was expecting. Sony arrives Saturday. Hoping it's processing is as good as everyone says it is.

6201 - 6210 of 6210 Posts