Firmware update v03.20.24
for all C2 / G2 models is now officially available.
webOS: 7.2.0-22 (Linux Kernel 5.4.96)
Firmware timestamp: August 9, 2022
The USB variant of the version can be downloaded here
. LG's regional support sites will gradually make the version available.
The distribution via Network Software Update (NSU) takes place in stages, not every device may receive the update at the same time.
The official changelog corresponds to the push message that some TVs have already received and that I described here
The following lists are unofficial and have no claim to completeness or correctness.
They also includes changes that were already introduced with v03.11.56 in some regions.
Changes / Bugfixes
- Dolby Engine updated to v32.05.
- Added Dolby Precision Rendering support. The option can be enabled in the supported picture modes.
- Improved near black handling.
- Optimized AirPlay audio delay.
- Firmwares of the Audio DSP, Video Decoder and WiFi / Bluetooth modules updated.
- Added support for additional models (LG Gaming TV / bendable screens).
- New advertisement features added to the Home dashboard.
- Max. AV1 bitrate support of the internal media server increased to 60Mbps.
- "LG Channels" added as an input to the Home input row.
- Room Connect app unlocked for several regions and feature enabled for Japan.
- Improved voice recognition features.
- Yandex Alice voice recognition support added for select countries.
- List of pre-installed SSL certificates updated.
- Bugfix: HDR picture modes didn't allow to set all values of the 22pt adjustments in the user settings menu.
- Bugfix: Fixed invalid permission in the service menu to change the TV model.
- Bugfix: Fixed Dolby Vision configuration of Cinema picture mode, which caused a too bright presentation.
- Several minor bugfixes and improvements.
- OLED Motion has no real effect when a 120Hz signal is present.
- Incorrect image output when Dolby Vision verification mode is being used.
- Incorrect image output of the iTPG in calibration mode.
- Security vulnerability that allows privilege escalation via crash logs.