Projection Design - Action 3 [in the budget?]

Any other reccomendations?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Check out the new JVC it the best ever ever.

·
Registered
424 Posts
yeah and it will only cost ya 5k , save the other 15k for a kik ass sound system

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Try the "Ultra high end" gear forum. Those specialize in 20K+. Sorry, the folks in here are not CEO-worthy. XD. Then again the CEO of my company makes about 8 milion a year and drives a paltry 70K benz!

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
If you dont mind spending the money the Marantz is in a league by itself, the projector was built around quality and performance not around a budget, the lens itself costs what budget 1080p front projectors are streeting for and that comes straight from Marantz rep Dan miller who is also a forum member, whatever pj you choose make sure the optics are good, it really makes all the difference

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Hutnicki /forum/post/0

for 20K, you can pretty much get anything you want. including a masked curved screen

I dont think so.. 20K isnt enough for what I really want - but cant afford......

I think it will get me a nice projector - but not a curved screen as well with masking. Certainly not a Stewart Curved screen with masking.

·
Registered
653 Posts
20k is actually sort of an odd amount today. Not enough for a 1080p 3 chip DLP, and significantly more than many state of the art projectors.

If you're considering the Marantz, you must demo the Sharp 20k. Similar performance on paper (in some ways better) and significantly cheaper.

The RS1 is another good candidate. If you're not a contrast fiend you might consider the JVC DLA-HD10K or it's Meridian equivalent.

The Projection Design (and it's Digital Projection and Christe clones) is a light cannon with the iris open, but sacrifices tremendous brightness for contrast when closing the iris. It's a good option for a large screen (120"+)

If a very large screen is in the plan, you might consider the relatively budget Optoma HD-81, and it's new brighter variant with the RGBCMY color wheel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.