AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Isabel is long gone. We had very little impact up here in North Delaware. Very little rain, just 24 hours of solid 30-50 mph winds. Those winds eventually took their toll all over the county. We were without power and cable for just over 24 hours. We have other friends who will be without power until MOnday/Tuesday and still other who might be later in the week.

We watched movies on the HT1000 until about 3:00 am Thursday, then switched over to the 41" RPTV when the lights started flickering more often. Power went out at 4:10am, and I was glad we had switched, since the HT1000 would not have had proper cool down cycle.

WE ran the generator to keep the fridge going, run a few other small appliances and charge up batteries. But the best use of the generator had to be to run a 19" TV/VHS/DVD for the kids, as they could not grasp why they could not follow their moderate TV routine. Without a better surge suppressor, I did not want to risk running the 41" RPTV or HT1000 from the generator. We ended up running the generator for a couple of hours at a time, with 3 hour breaks. Power came back on at 6:30am this morning, just over 24 hours.

We are going to lend the generator to one of our friends who expects to be powerless well into next week.

Turned out to be a nice mini home camping vacation. The best part might have been the affect of the power outage outside at night. I have never seen our area skys so dark, as we have a good amount of light pollution. But with the power out for miles around, it was an awesome time for star gazing.

Hope everyone else on the forum made out fine.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.