AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Fox Cable Networks Group said it will launch a 24-hour action sports digital programming service in Summer 2003. Time Warner Cable and DirecTV will be among the first distributors for the net"

Just saw this on MarketClose. Hope its not Faux HD again :rolleyes:

OTOH, more 'digital' sports programming is always welcome!!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
No, just an X-Games-type channel marketed to digital tiers on your cable system.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
You can't get the goofs to do a single HD telecast because they are so cheap! You really think they would do something as progressive as a 24 hour Digital Sports network? They will just have a regular sports networks with all the obscure sports that cater to the baggy pants lunnies in their teens & twenties.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Fox does of course have an option to buy a significant stake in Mark Cuban's HDnet. If Fox wants a hi def sports network, it's there for the asking (and a little bit of cash I'm sure).

Jim

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I have the suspicion that by digital they mean "available on digital cable and satellite only."

Here in Canada we have 40-50 "digital" channels that launched last year. None of them are HDTV or even 480p widescreen.

Even if we weren't discussing Fox (which makes the idea of it being HDTV absurd, IMO), I don't think the market is even close to ready for an HDTV extreme sports channel

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think that if it was HD the article would say so-unless Mark Cuban gets his hands on the project. I can't see many people choosing this channel over ESPN HD.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.