Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I heard rumors that the DVD version of 24/first season was severely cut Is that true? Any specific information would be appreciated, found nothing on my search in this forum.

Thanks

Christoph

·
Registered
28,456 Posts
It's not "cut". The first season on DVD is exactly what aired on television here in the US. However, in Europe some of the later episodes contained a few seconds of extra footage because they have fewer commercial breaks than we do. The Region 2 DVDs are the longer version.

It's only a few episodes toward the end that are affected, and most of the changes are negligible, aside from one particular line of dialogue that makes one of the Bad characters even more evil.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by clehner
Hi,

I heard rumors that the DVD version of 24/first season was severely cut Is that true?
Would that mean they have to rename the DVD to 22.4 hours instead of 24? :D

I just bought my wife the 2nd season DVD set, I don't think she opened it yet but I would be interested in seeing it as it says it is wide screen on it.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Just finished 24 season 2 its definitly a must watch show and I can't wait for season 3.

I am ready to watch season 1 and 2 again damn more time needed.

hehe

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Josh Z
It's not "cut". ...

It's only a few episodes toward the end that are affected, ....

Josh,

thanks for the insight, much appreciated. That's what I thought. Funny thing is: Due to PAL speed up the episodes get shorter on top of the missing commercial breaks ;) Maybe that is why they considered putting in some extra material ;)

I am certainly waiting for my copy of 24/Season 2 to arrive any day now.

Take care everyone....

Christoph

·
Registered
28,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by qwickdraw4
Would that mean they have to rename the DVD to 22.4 hours instead of 24? :D
After the commercials were removed, the DVD set is more like 17 anyway.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Josh Z
After the commercials were removed, the DVD set is more like 17 anyway.
What they should have done was put chapters in between the breaks with just the blackscreen and the clock ticking away in real time. That would REALLY build the suspense! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.