Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to this article in the NY Daily News,
Quote:
Grushow added that "24" has become a hit overseas on television and DVD. A DVD version will also soon be available in the U.S., which will help offset the show's expensive production budget.
Can anyone confirm that 24 is available on DVD "overseas." Does that mean Europe? Japan? Does anyone know anything about the DVD being available in the U.S. "soon"?

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
I never head of it before this what you get when you watch pay channel movies exclusively. I don't care for 18 minutes an hour commercials, that's why I can hear about TV series. Not have to hear or look at commercial TV spam like the commercial TV lovers. lol :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm aware of and collect all the TV series on DVD from regions other than 1 and would have known about 24 on DVD since I don't watch TV either, never ever, but like some shows and glad when they're out on DVD, I even got Total Recall 2070 the one and only season fully released and now OOP in japan for $200 and the full first Dark Angel season with second coming in July-November.

I really want 24 and Alias, but there are no 24 DVDs anywhere in the world, I have no idea whatta hell he's talking about.

There will be a first set/volume coming out on 19th of August in UK/Pal/R2 for about 40 pounds retail, which I'm SO HAPPY about, I hope the complete series will be released. Japan and UK are the best places to get TV shows on DVD not available elsewhere, like up to S5 of Stargate SG-1, season 8 of Friends, season 4 of Buffy and season 2 of Angel, season 4 of Ally Mcbeal, season 5 of ER and Third Watch, as well as Andromeda and others coming out, even that terrible Xena.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I haven't seen 24 on DVD here yet (although, it has only run in Denmark in Scandinavia so far).

Was it broadcast in HD? And what kind of quality would one be able to record (and edit out those ads from) it in?

In Sweden it is legal to record from television and give to a friend... how about over there in the States?

(I am just SOOOOOOO in awe of the technical qualities of the script!!!!)

·
Registered
976 Posts
This is good news.. I loved that show.. Cant wait for the DVD>.

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.