AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

looking to get a new 60-65" tv. the area it is in has alot of windows. i wil be using it for everything games,movies and tv. right now im looking at the un60f7500 any other reccomendatiosn? thanks guys

·
Registered
216 Posts
It's a good TV, if your willing to step down to 60 inches you can get the un60f8000 Wich is the best picture quality led TV from Samsung to date.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjb89  /t/1522997/2400-budget#post_24494477

looking to get a new 60-65" tv. the area it is in has alot of windows. i wil be using it for everything games,movies and tv. right now im looking at the un60f7500 any other reccomendatiosn? thanks guys

My suggestions would be to narrow your options to matte (or semi-gloss) with a fairly high brightness (nits or cd/m2 500 or above). From there you probably want a high-refresh screen (240hz rather than 120) for response time as well as the fact the latest fad seems to be backlight-scanning to get essentially a similar-looking motion appearance (or lower blur) from slower panels but at the cost of brightness (and input lag). There are those that are both, but afaik, they are all glossy (and/or incredibly expensive).

In case you can't tell, I've dabbled a little in looking for pretty much exactly what you are describing.

I am unsure which models fit that criteria, but it's a place to start whittling things down. While many (I'm sure) will mention that there are many companies that handle motion better (with bls or processing) than Sharp, which is true, when it comes down to stuff like bright rooms, gaming, etc, you have to either give or take given priorities, as essentially everything is correlated (pq vs viewing angle/lag/etc), and iirc they seem to have many options with anti-glare and 240hz panels.

Personally, (as I've mentioned before), I am waiting on the vizio p series in hopes either the 60 or 65 will not be super glossy. Combine that with what we expect to be 600 nits, and if you're willing to forgo some of the bls (which hopefully will be adjustable), that could be a really decent option for a bright room. Granted, it's 120hz and not 240hz, but at least it leaves some (theoretically) wiggle-room to decide between if you want a highly-adjusted image (for nice-looking movies or tv shows) or a decent gaming experience via zero image processing while having enough light to make it work outside of being in a cave.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covfam  /t/1522997/2400-budget#post_24495363

It's a good TV, if your willing to step down to 60 inches you can get the un60f8000 Wich is the best picture quality led TV from Sony to date.
You mean Samsung?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yeah the f8000 are Samsungs. But Sony has the 65w850a which is a nice 65". But the Samsung does appear to be a slightly better option depending on whom you ask.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts