AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using the manufacture's DVI-D cable that came with my 240T. I just recieved a 3m DVI-D dual link cable from BetterCables and when I hooked it up I am getting all kinds of digital artifacts. When I switch back to the default cable the artifacts are not there.

Has anyone else had this experience? I have been a loyal user of BetterCables for awhile now and I find it hard to believe that it is a faulty cable. The only thing I can think of is that the 240T or my Radeon 9700 Pro do not like dual link over single like DVI-D cables.

Thanks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
By the way I find that current Plasma's DVI inputs are far behind the most advanced DVI connections. For instance a dual link DVI cable will only utilize the pins for Single link TMDS connection when used with most HD tuners and Plasma monitors.

So I would not spend too much getting a really good one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All resolutions give the digital artifacts. In all honesty the cable from the manufacturer does a hell of a job but usually the BetterCables add that little extra. It is possible that this cable is a generation or two ahead of the current hardware in my case. I will continue to try a few things but it is not looking good at this point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.