AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi there,

I tried searching everywhere without succes, and was wondering the following:

If I buy a LED HDTV, and use it as a monitor via hdmi for my PC, will it solve the 24p/60hz judder issues that I have with a "regular" 60hz pc LCD monitor? In other words, will the HDTV accept 24hz desktop (quite slow?), or will those LED HDTV's accept pc input at 60 or 120hz? And if it accepts 60hz pc input via hdmi, will smooth motion work?

Which leads me to think, if it accepts 120hz pc input, no smooth motion is needed, because it accepts 24hz 5 times? Can someone confirm that? I have heard there are good pc monitors too that accept 120hz. Couldn't find anywhere, whether or not they are quite judder free for 24p?

Kind regards,

Dennis

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Current model hdtv's will accept a 1080/24p or 1080/60p via hdmi. You cannot send higher than 60p. Tv's can't handle it. The "motion" and "film" settings in the Tv are supposed to help, but sometimes do more harm than good. Will it solve your stutter problem- not sure how keen your eyesight is, how far you sit from the display, what your PC system specs are, what software player you use, what content you are playing back, etc....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for answering.

Specs are OK. Geforce 650, i7, windows tuned (unnecessary services off, etc.), latest drivers, windows media player classic.

So you think that smooth motion would work on PC input in HDTV's? That's good to know.

Maybe, if HDTV's are limited to 60hz, and smooth motion makes things more ugly due to frame interpolation, it would be a better option when using a 120hz PC monitor? That would then display the intended framerate without pulldown? Can someone confirm that would be pretty smooth?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts