AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot has happened since the "no one can consistently do 24p" thread of several years ago. I wanted to compile the most up to date and accurate info here.

-How are the latest Intel and AMD integrated graphics performing with 24p video from bluray discs? How often are frames dropped if at all? Is Reclock still needed?

-How about dedicated AMD and Nvidia graphics cards?

-Which software packages can auto switch refresh rates the best?

-What about companion devices, such as the Chromebox running OpenElec, Raspberry Pi 2 running Kodi, Amazon Fire TV running Plex/Kodi, etc.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
My nvidia 9300 board and my amd a4-5000 board are both flawless with anything played in power dvd 13 or arcsoft tmt5.

It's only when I try to use vlc or mpchc that he headaches begin.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have smooth video playback with Nvidia GTS 450's in my HTPC's and the Nvidia GTX 980 in my desktop when using Emby Theather + MadVR + Auto Refresh Rate Switching. Before when I used MPC-HC or WMC+MediaBrowser, I could see skips every so often. I no longer have that problem.

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Same setup here, except with SLI'ed GTX980's.

I'm getting the best results with Kodi DSPlayer with madVR. Kodi handles the refresh rate switching, not madVR. Other players have all had lip-sync issues.

My graphics card is a Nvidia GTS 450.

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Same setup here, except with SLI'ed GTX980's.

I'm getting the best results with Kodi DSPlayer with madVR. Kodi handles the refresh rate switching, not madVR. Other players have all had lip-sync issues.

My graphics card is a Nvidia GTS 450.

·
Registered
49 Posts
MPC-HC with either ATI 5xxx (HTPC) and NVIDIA onboard (2 year old laptop) is flawless at 24p (23.976) as long at the monitor is set to 23Hz (not 24). Reclock is in the past.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts