AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at the Panasonic TC-L32X5 ( Amazon , Official Panasonic Page , and AVS links). I am wondering if this TV will playback 24p from a Blu-Ray player. I have not entirely worked out whether it's possible for 720p 60hz TV's to output a 24p source, but would like to know. From the official panasonic page and the operating manual, I know that the TV will accept a 1080p/24p signal, but of course it will be downgraded to 720p for output. I also know that the TV has a setting to turn 3:2 pulldown off. From my understanding, it would be possible to turn 3:2 pulldown off and then have a 24p source natively display correctly on this screen, is that correct?

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
A 60Hz LCD will always refresh the content of it's screen 60 times a second using the content of a separatly maintained display buffer. Using 3:2 pulldown 1/2 of the incoming frames are displayed from the buffer 3 times and the other 1/2 of the incoming frames are displayed twice. You may want to consider that this amounts to a effective refresh rate of 30fps swince 1/2 of (3x12+2X12=60)s is 30.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts