AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering the MyHD card as a OTA tuner/recorder.

I'll be connecting this card to my JVC RPTV set, which is in another room and accepts only component inputs. I'll need ~25ft of cable. My question is about these long cables.

I couldn't find any component breakout cable longer than 10ft, So I was thinking about buying a VGA extension cable (25ft, model number HD15MF25) and breakout cable (6ft, model number HD15M5R6), both from Digital Connection web site. Since I'll be using two cables, will I have loss in picture quality? Would be better if I use a long single breakout cable? If so, where can I find one?

I also would like to use the remote control from the other room. I was thinking about getting a serial cable extension, instead of getting an IR repeater. Which solution is better? Will the remote control works exactly the same way with the serial cable extension? Finally, where can I find a serial cable extension?? Couldn't find anywhere ...

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I have both of those cables... well, actually, more than one of each. I use two (three soon maybe) of the breakouts to convert three-wire component output devices to a DB15 connector and plug into a Kramer VP-41 switch. The DB15 from my HTPC is also connected there. The output of the switch runs the 25' to my VT540 projector. Love it.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply!

Any info on the serial cable extension for the MyHD remote control? I don't expect this to be a problem, but better safe than sorry ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.