AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this was a great video and wanted to share it here. Some of my favorites are in here.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeskE  /t/1471084/25-greatest-unscripted-scenes-in-film#post_23273149

Not a bad list. Hard to argue with Lee Ermey's add lib. One of the great ones.

Indeed.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Where's Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones shooting the guy with the sword??

...or Marlon Brando's "Horror" speech in Apocalypse Now????

·
Registered
4,319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore  /t/1471084/25-greatest-unscripted-scenes-in-film#post_23276510

...or Marlon Brando's "Horror" speech in Apocalypse Now????

25 is too small a number. 50 to 100 might scratch the surface.

While we're at it "He's A Great Man" from Dennis Hopper might rank just as high

in the same film. It's well know that Coppola just let him go off the entire time

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't post it as the definitive unscripted list but just to start a conversation and maybe get some additional favorite scenes from the forum members.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore  /t/1471084/25-greatest-unscripted-scenes-in-film/0_60#post_23276510

Was that "unscripted" which I take to mean ad libbed? I know Ford was terribly sick and couldn't do a sword fight so they changed the script but I don't think it was ad libbed.

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
A rather emotional scene in SIlver Linings Playbook, between Robert De Niro and Bradley Cooper, 100% unscripted and improvised by De Niro. I saw the film (again) very recently so it's an easy one

·
Registered
7,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero  /t/1471084/25-greatest-unscripted-scenes-in-film#post_23291484

Was that "unscripted" which I take to mean ad libbed? I know Ford was terribly sick and couldn't do a sword fight so they changed the script but I don't think it was ad libbed.

Yes I think it was. Ford was indeed too sick and he was supposed to fight the guy, but then he just shot him in this now classic scene. I don't think they changed the script, they just figured it was much funnier that way.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
I read it as Ford was sick and needed to hit the bathroom. While he was standing there, somone from off camera yelled "Just shoot him!" You can see a little confused look on his face when pulls out the gun.

I would add "I'll have what she's having" from when Harry Met Sally.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Django Unchained has a great one too.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) LD busts his hand open during the skull scene,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.