Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions:

1) can I use a 25' long VGA cable to connect my DVD player to my Benq PB6100 projector? I am wondering because I also might want to connect the projector to my PC as well. I think I would need an adapter to convert the connection from VGA to component video to connect the cable to the component jacks on the DVD player. When I want to connect to my PC, I would just have to disconnect the VGA-component adapter and then connect the cable up to the PC.

2) If I could do this, will this affect video quality?

3) Do I have to get a shielded type?

4) Does it have to be a HDTV cable?

Cory

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
1. not sure about the connections on the Benq PJ but you will need to run component cable to the PJ or use a funny component dongle to VGA but only if your PJ supports this. Check the digital PJ forums. Otherwise you could use a transcoder which takes component and outputs VGA. You may need to boost the signal with something like an Extron splitter / booster for the cable run.

2. depends on the quality of the cable ie real crap cheap thin guage unshielded vs quadshielded and that of the transcoder.

3. yes recommended

4. what the heck is HDTV cable? Sounds like a marketing gimmick. As long as the quality of the cable is good you should be fine. Extron VGA cables come up on "ebay" every so often. If you PJ can take BNC inputs better yet - use 5 runs of RG-6 cable in place of the "VGA" aka DB15 connection.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I use a VGA cable that I bought from a computer shop for US$10 (It is nearly 1/2inch thick) . I use it for HDTV on my X1. It gives outstanding PQ.

I feed my DVD into the component input on the X1 because there is no Faroudja DCDi video processing via the VGA port.

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.