AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctote /forum/post/19555894

Building a home theater soon - what should I consider inside a budget of $2500?

Fist off and above all else, choosing a PJ with sufficient Lumens, high "Native" Contrast and stratospheric "Dynamic" contrast, excellent "out of the Box" color, good Tech / Warranty support, all factor in on any informed choice.

Panasonic 4000u

Epson 8700ub

Epson 8350

These are favorites of mine due to image quality per price point per ease of Installation.

Select DLPs by Mitsubushi & BenQ cannot be discounted either. However they will require you to "design them in" more than LCD PJs will.

But now don't go and overlook how a correct screen choice made for both your Room's design attributes and viewing habits will GREATLY influence the choice of Projector. Or in reverse, if you jump on a PJ first, how that premature choosing might limit your choices and ability to create an effective and pleasing Home Theater. Or Enhance them is some cases.

Want to avoid te "worst case" possibilities entirely?

Answer these questions.
  • Room dimensions.
  • Wall / Ceiling color choices?
  • Lighting schemes?
  • Seating location / s
  • Screen size desired?

With all those questions before us, we can give a more directed response. and you DO want to get somewhat more "directed" asap lest you go into Info-Overload and become helplessly and hopelessly confused, frustrated, and downright irritated.

We/you don't want that! This should be great fun....that's really important.

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Turk /forum/post/19559187

I agree in that budget the JVC HD250 should definitely be considered...overall there are some advantages to the LCD counterparts...

Can I / anyone slide into a HD250 for $2500.00? Knowing that was fact would tend to change a few scenarios.

·
Registered
332 Posts
If your budget is 2500 I see no good reason not to go with the JVC 250. I bought mine from Jason and couldn't be happier! Everyone who has seen it loves the image quality. I've had mine for almost 2 months and love it. Support the board and order from AVS.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Is there a CM deal on the JVC DLA-HD250 today?

·
Registered
710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgse3 /forum/post/19560973

If your budget is 2500 I see no good reason not to go with the JVC 250. I bought mine from Jason and couldn't be happier! Everyone who has seen it loves the image quality. I've had mine for almost 2 months and love it. Support the board and order from AVS.

Let me second this. I also bought a HD250 two months ago from Jason here at AVS. People that have seen it love it. Dimensionality is all that I can say. The OP should at least include it in his or her research.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I think the Cyber Monday deal on the JVC is that Jason will personally hug it and show it some man love before forwarding it on to the new owner.

How's that for reputation building?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
HAHHAHAHAH. Ridiculous... Final point of sale with a hug. Only if my projector came with that!

·
Registered
26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Turk /forum/post/0

Man love huh? Hey, if that is what you want I can do it, but it would be a final sale at that point.

I'll take mine without that "add-on" when you send mine Jason
Thanks again for the expert advice. Can't wait for the HD250 to arrive.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts